Status: Active but maybe a little slow

Rockin Skin Walkers

Chapter 10: A Date with a Rock Star

Jessi lay on her stomach on her bed listening to music on her laptop and singing along. The current song was "Work Hard, Play Harder" by Gretchen Wilson. Although Country was her favorite, she loved hearing how her voice sounded in all kinds of different music. She'd tried screaming just for shits and giggles once by herself and confirmed what she suspected, her voice was just too Country for screaming.

While she was listening to her music she was also working on a photo she had taken sometime ago of a yellow rose. The picture itself was good, not National Geographic status but decent. Now was where she had her fun. She began playing with it on her photo program. Toying with the colors, contrast, saturation, definition, highlights, shadows, sharpness, etc. It looked really nice but there seemed to be something missing from it. Just then she heard a knock at her door.

"Come in", she called pausing her music.

"Hey Jessi", Zacky said walking in.

"Hi Zacky", she smiled.

"I heard singing up here and I wondered who it was".

"I had my music going that might have been it".

"Who was it?"

"Gretchen Wilson".

"Na it didn't sound like her".

"I was singing along but I didn't think it was that loud", Jessi shrugged.

"That was you singing?"

"I don't know, maybe."

"Sing the chorus for me please", he said eagerly.

So she did as he said and Zacky's eyes went wide.

"So that was you. Daaaaaaamn", he said.

"What?"

"That was really fuckin' good", he laughed lightly.

"If you say so", she laughed.

"I do say so. Your voice is as beautiful as you are", he smiled.

This took her by surprise. "Oh. Thanks. You're very handsome yourself".

"Come on a date with me tonight", he said quickly.

"Ummm going anywhere right now wouldn't be safe".

"There's a lake about a mile into the woods. We'll take a picnic basket out there too", he replied.

"Alright Mr. Vengeance you've got yourself a date", she said playfully.

"5:45?" he asked smiling.

"Sounds good to me".

"Great. I'll see you then", he said before kissing her on the cheek and walking out of the door.

<{~*~}>

Zacky's POV

Zacky walked down the hall with a large grin on his face. When he turned the corner he met Matt.

"Dude who was that singing? And do you have that goofy smile on your face?" Matt asked.

"That was Jessi", Zacky replied.

"Are you freaking serious?"

"Yea dude. She sang the chorus of this one song she had been listening to and it was crazy! We gotta have her and Alyssa do some stuff on the album", Zacky said enthusiastically.

"I agree. So what's got you so happy?" Matt asked suspiciously.

"Jessi and I are going on a date tonight. We're going to that lake in the woods".

"You mean you actually got the balls to ask her?" Matt laughed.

"Shut up Matt", Zacky laughed.

"Well good job", Matt said slapping him on the back.

"Thanks", Zacky said before starting back down the hall again, still grinning.

<{~*~}>

Jessi's POV

It was 5:45 exactly when Zacky came a knocking at her door. He was wearing a plaid button up, short sleeve shirt with dark jeans. Jessi had on a blue tank top and jean shorts.

"Ready?" he asked.

"Yep", she replied.

They walked down stairs, grabbed the basket and went out the door.

"Have fun tonight, Jessi. And don't do anything I wouldn't!" Alyssa called from the living room.

"But then I won't have any fun", she called back laughing.

"What was that all about? " Zacky laughed.

"Oh it's just kind of a joke we have going. Since she's the daughter of the chief she's held to higher standards and has to watch what she does a lot more than someone like me. It doesn't bother her because she's use to it, but it'd damn sure bug me", she said smiling as they walked through the woods.

"You're the stubborn, independent, ass kicking tomboy type so I can see why it would", he chuckled.

"Well I can see you've got me all figured out. Now what about you?"

"I'm very far from figuring you out", he laughed. "As for me I'm just your average guy. I like doing what I love, I like women, hangout with friends and do crazy shit, and all around enjoy life".

"You guys are really down to earth for being as famous as you are", Jessi noted.

"Did you expect a bunch of stuck up, druggie bitches?" Zacky laughed lightly.

"Not quite that bad. You all seemed down to earth on your All Access DVD but I had no idea it was like this".

"I'm glad you think that", he smiled taking her hand.

"And completely insane", she chuckled.

"Sanity's left us all blind", he replied.

"That's true".

"You seem to be keeping up with it very well", he grinned.

"I accept crazy, and use it quite a lot. Normality as we know it is just as much a myth as the world being flat. Besides even if it were real who in Hellfire would want it? It seems like it would be boring as all get out to me", she shrugged.

"That's a very interesting way to look at things", he said looking down at her.

"If you say so. It's just the way I've always looked at it".

"Ya know one thing that's really cool about you? If you thing something you just come out and say it, no bull shit. Everyone else may hate you for it but you still just say it anyways", he chuckled.

"Damn right I do. I don't have time to worry if I'm going to piss someone off, and I don't really care either way. My favorite actor always says, 'Ya know when someone gets a new car and they're so worried about that first scratch but after than everything's fine. Everything, to me, in life is like the second scratch", she shrugged.

"Definitely words to live by. You're quite the philosopher".

"No I'm just out spoken. I hate philosophy, hate reading it, hate hearing about it", she laughed.

"Fair enough", he laughed.

"I like that 'Sanity's left us blind" bit you said. You hit it dead on".

"Thanks".

"So how much farther?"

"We're here", he said pulling back a bush.

Sure enough there was a lake complete with romantic waterfall and everything. The woods that surrounded it gave a very isolated feel.The setting sun splashed a rainbow of colors over the sky and it was reflected in the water. It was perfect.

"Wow Zacky! This is beautiful", she said looking around.

"Not as beautiful as you but yea it's nice", he smiled.

"Ah! You're making me blush!" she complained laughing and tried to hide her face.

"You blush?! Holy shit call the newspaper. Jessi the tough warrior actually blushes", he laughed.

"What's a girl supposed to do when a hot, rock star keeps tell her things like that?" she giggled.

"Yep cuz I'm just that hot!" he joked flexing his muscles.

Jessi laughed and felt them. "Ooo very impressive", she said playfully.

"Why thank you", he winked at her, causing another fit of giggles.

"I think it's time to see what Alyssa packed for dinner muscle man", she said going over to the basket where he'd set it down.

"Good idea".

They sat there and enjoyed their meal, telling stories and laughing. Afterwords they sat up against a large boulder and Jessi rested her head on Zacky's shoulder. Then full moon shone on the calm, black water. It was a gorgeous night.

"This was wonderful. I'm glad you brought me here. I had a great time. Thanks", she smiled up at him.

"I'm glad. I did too. Anytime", he smiled back.

Even in the dark, his bright, green eyes were amazing. Jessi found herself lost in them. Zacky began leaning down closer to her. She closed her eyes as his lips gently reached hers. She liked the contrasted between his soft, warm lips and his hard, cool lip rings. His kiss was gentle and cautious. He wanted to go nice and slow with Jessi. She wasn't like all of the other girls he'd been with, which really intrigued him. He pulled back slightly to look into her grey blue eyes.

"We should probably head back now", Jessi said regretfully.

"Yea it's getting late".

They walked back to the house and everyone was asleep by the time they got there.

"Awe how sweet. You walking me to my door and everything", Jessi laughed lightly when they reached her room. "What a gentleman".

"I told you I was old fashion", he chuckled.

"Thanks again for tonight. I had a great time".

"I did too", Zacky smiled at her.

"Good night, Zacky", she said softly.

"Good night, Jessi", he said.

He kissed her lightly before walking to his room. Jessi couldn't help smiling the whole time she was getting ready for bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

I had to add that. It just makes me laugh.

Well what do you think? I think it turned out rather well.
Big thanks to Star Angel and Kiss Me;Kill Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Feedback is always loved! 31 readers, 10 subscribers and 5 comments! I'm begging for comments!! Begging. It's interesting to read what you readers say because after all, you're getting the final product. So how are we doing?
Thanks you all very much!

Ice Cat