Status: Active but maybe a little slow

Rockin Skin Walkers

Val's Surprise

It had been two days since Johnny had first transformed and Alyssa and Jessi had been working with him, getting him used to the idea of being able to transform into a giant griffin. At the moment Alyssa was coaching Johnny on controlling his wing, even though she wasn’t a bird skin walker, she’d seen many of the younger walkers train. As Alyssa shouted out commands Jessi sat on a bench helping in her own way, which occasionally meant laughing her ass off at Alyssa when Johnny would knock her down.

After about another hour of this, Alyssa decided it was time to go back inside and start dinner as usual. Dinner went by strangely fast, and the guys all ran off to do their own little things, leaving Alyssa and Jessi to spend some quality time together.

“So, what you wanna do…… kitty cat?” Alyssa said with a smirk. Jessi glared at Alyssa, then with a slight flick of her wrist, Alyssa found her hair dripping wet from a water bomb.

“Only Jimmy is allowed to call me that,” Jessi said.

Alyssa smiled sweetly at her friend, and flicked a wet bang out of her face, “So that’s how you wanna play then, do you?”

Jessi smiled, “Any time you want chicky.”

“Well if you’re going to play like that, you should make the odds far, besides I’d hate to burn down this mansion using my fire power when I could use your water powers instead,” Alyssa said

“Fine,” Jessi said, and Alyssa felt the flow of power washing over her skin as Jessi shared her powers, “let’s do this then.” Alyssa smiled, ran into the kitchen to turn on the sink faucet for her source of water. Unfortunately for Alyssa, she could never be as skilled as Jessi at fighting with the water powers, but she knew what she was doing.

Turning, Alyssa saw Jessi come running into the room with a large ball of water floating over her head, “Oh boy,” Alyssa laughed.

Alyssa ran over to the doorway that led into the hallway to the bedrooms, just as Jessi launched the water ball at her. Alyssa was able to catch the ball of water and through it back at Jessi. They ended up in a hot potato fight with the water ball, laughing and giggling the whole time. After a little though, Jessi started giving an extra little something in her throws, making it more difficult for Alyssa to catch.

“Let’s see if you catch this chicky,” Jessi laughed as she launched the water ball at her. Alyssa knew there was no way she was going to be able to catch it, and ducked at the last second, and heard two gasps as the water splashed someone. Slowly, Alyssa turned around, and standing behind her were Brian and Zacky, dripping wet, “hey Alyssa, I think we’re in trouble. RUN!!!”

And with that, the two friend sprinted out of the kitchen, through the living room, and down a hallway.

“We’re so screwed,” Alyssa laughed as they continued to run. They guys weren’t behind them, but they knew the guys were going to get them if they stopped. Jessi laughed as the rounded a corner. Unfortunately, Brian and Zacky knew the house way better than the girls did, as Brian came running down a side passage and ended up tackling Alyssa, bruised ribs and all, to the floor, “save yourself!,” she managed to groan from under Brian.

Jessi’s POV

Jessi followed Alyssa’s last wishes and booked it down the hall. She had just run past her room when out popped Zacky right in front of her. There was no time to react before Zacky slammed into her. Jessi lay flat on her back groaning and cursing with a Zacky on top of her.

“Hey beautiful”, Zacky smirked cockily.

Jessi just growled and glared up at him. This caused him to laugh. He got up and helped her up. At the last minute he tickled her a bit causing her to squeak. Zacky laughed again. They walked back to Alyssa and Brian.

Alyssa’s POV
Brian stood up and helped Alyssa back to her feet, as Zacky and Jessi came walking up to them. Her side where Brian’s shoulder had rammed her was sore, but she wasn’t going to tell him that. He through his right arm around her shoulder and gave her a hug, getting her wet in the process.

“So Jessi, I just realized something, we haven’t been training them much here lately,”
Alyssa pointed out as they walked back into the living room, where Johnny, Jimmy, and Matt were watching TV.

“True,” Jessi said with a mischievous look. Alyssa smiled as she too had mischievous ideas, “maybe we’ll have a training session in the morning.”

“I think that would be a good idea,” Alyssa said, then she went and sat in her usual spot on the love seat, and Jessi took her knew spot on Zacky’s lap.

The next morning, Alyssa woke up around 4:30, to get breakfast started, seeing as she and Jessi planned on having a nice and early training session for the guys. Putting on a pot of coffee, Alyssa set to work making French toast, eggs, sausage, and bacon. Jessi came into the kitchen stretching, her hair was all messed up from sleeping.

“Morning bed head, I’m actually surprised you agreed to have the training session so early, seeing as you’re a night owl,” Alyssa said. Jessi just shrugged her shoulders, grabbed a cup of coffee, and sat down at the kitchen table. Jessi looked down at her coffee cup and frowned, and Alyssa, knowing her friend better than anyone, walked over to the fridge, grabbed out the chocolate syrup, and handed it to her friend. Jessi smiled and put almost half of the bottle into her coffee.

“Thank you. So, how much longer do you think the DarkStars are going to wait,” Jessi asked Alyssa with a yawn.

“I don’t know, I haven’t seen a single scout,” Alyssa said, “it’s almost been three weeks since the battle.”

“Yeah I know,” Jessi said, then got up and walked over to Alyssa, and grabbed one of the bacons from a plate before Alyssa could shoo her off.

“So, aren’t you happy I talked you into opening up and living a little,” Jessi teased.

“What are you talking about?” Alyssa asked.

“Hmmm, let me think,” Jessi teased, “if it weren’t for me you wouldn’t have ever had your first kiss the other day.” Alyssa smiled, remembering her first kiss with Brian, which was actually the first kiss in her entire life.

A couple minutes later, the two friends went and woke up the guys. Even though the guys protested strongly about getting up at 5:05 in the morning, they were happy when they saw what they were getting for breakfast. At 5:25 everyone filed outside into the front yard. Jessi decided they should start with weapons, so Alyssa took Matt and Johnny aside to train them with single hand short swords as they showed talent for that, while Jessi gave the rest gun lessons.

They continued training until around 9:30, and by this time the guys were sweating in the hot June sun, begging for a break. But Jessi being the warrior she was wanted to continue the training.

“Jessi,” Alyssa laughed, she was also sweating, but not as tired as the guys were, “I know you could keep this up til dooms day, but the guys are going to get heat exhaustion if they don’t get at least a five minute break.”

“Fine,” Jessi said crossing her arms. Instead of the guys heading inside, the just fell backwards onto the grass with a huge sigh. Alyssa and Jessi laughed at the guys, but stopped when they heard a vehicle approaching the mansion, “DarkStars!,” Jessi shouted, grabbing up her gun to get ready to defend the guys.

But Alyssa sniffed the air and knew who was coming, “Jessi, put down your gun, it’s just Val.”

“Who?” Jessi asked, a little reluctant to lower her weapon. But at the sound of his wife’s name, Matt jumped to his feet and ran over to the approaching car. When the car came to a stop, Val got out and was immediately swept off her feet and into Matt’s arms.

“Matt’s wife,” Alyssa laughed and ran over to greet Val, someone she’d become very close to during her month’s stay with the band. After Matt put Val down, Alyssa hugged her, “so, what are you doing up here? I thought you were busy with work.”

“I am, but I thought I’d bring you guys some more groceries,” Val said waving at the rest of the band who were still sprawled on the grass, “and I brought you a surprise Alyssa. Hey, who’s the blonde?”

“My name’s Jessi,” Jessi said walking up to Val, with her right hand held out for a hand shake.

“She’s my closest friend,” Alyssa said.

“Oh, okay,” Val said shaking Jessi’s hand, “it’s nice to meet you. I’m Val.”

“Nice to meet you too,” Jessi said, then looked at Alyssa, giving her the, lets-have-a-private-conversation look.

*What is it Jess?* Alyssa asked using her telepathy.

*How much time have you spent around her?* Jessi asked.

*Enough time to know she’s a great person and we don’t need to be suspicious of her* Alyssa responded.

*That’s not what I meant Alyssa. Did you ever notice that she smells like a skin walker?* Jessi said. This had never occurred to Alyssa, but as she smelled the air, she could smell the scent smothered all over Val.

*Wow, I can’t believe I never noticed that before* Alyssa said.

“Hello, Alyssa,” Val laughed waving her hand in front of Alyssa’s face.

“What?” Alyssa asked, breaking her telepathic connection with Jessi.

“I was asking you if you wanted to open your present now,” Val laughed.

“Oh, umm, I’ll open it when we go inside,” Alyssa said, “what the present for anyways?”

“It’s been two months since you were added to the band, and I thought it would be nice to give you an anniversary present,” Val said, grabbing out a small present from the back seat.
Alyssa smile, told the guys to get off their back to help bring in groceries, and grabbed a couple bags herself to carry in. Being she was the cook, that made the kitchen her domain, which also meant she got the privilege to put away all of the groceries while everyone else kicked back in the living room. Well, everyone but Val, Jessi, and Matt, Matt was in there just to spend time with his wife and no one could blame him.

“So, what’s been going on here?” Val said, “the guys look exhausted.”

“We’ve been training them for combat,” Jessi said, and all the color drained from Matt’s face.

“Combat,” Val laughed.

“Yep, a group called the DarkStars are after them,” Jessi said matter-of-factly.

“The DarkStars?” Val said, her face now as white as snow.

“You know about them?” Alyssa asked, putting away some fruits. Matt looked at Val confused, and then back to Alyssa and Jessi.

“Val, how do you know about the DarkStars?” Matt finally asked.

“Well, my parents have told me stories about them all my life,” Val said, “they were evil people with magical abilities that were always trying to kill people like my grandparents.”

“What do you mean were?” Alyssa asked, “they still are.”

“Val, your grandparents were skin walkers?” Matt asked.

“Yeah, but my dad wasn’t, and the war going on made my grandparents want to leave their tribe, and they did,” Val said.

“So, you have skin walker blood flowing through your veins,” Jessi said with a slight smile.

“Yeah, how do you guys know about skin walkers anyways?” Val asked.

“We’re skin walkers,” Alyssa said and stripped out of her clothes and transformed into her wolf form to prove it to Val. Alyssa had expected her to maybe be a little shocked, but Val seemed ecstatic.

“Wow, that’s awesome,” she smiled, “I can’t believe it.”

And with that the others came into the kitchen, after they heard the sound of Alyssa transforming.

“What’s going on?” Brian asked.

“Val’s grandparents were skin walkers, just like these two and Johnny,” Matt said, still in shock.

Later that night, after Jessi informed Val of everything going on, Val gave everyone a hug and Matt a kiss goodbye.

“I think I like her,” Jessi told Alyssa as Alyssa cleaned up the kitchen.

“Yeah, I love her,” Alyssa laughed.

“Hey, what did she happen to get you?” Jessi asked.

“A silver necklace with a wolf charm at the end,” Alyssa said looking at it as it hung around her neck, “she knows me pretty well.”
♠ ♠ ♠
:) Hope you enjoy