Status: Active but maybe a little slow

Rockin Skin Walkers

Stressed

Two days after the second, somewhat lame excuse of an assault on the DarkStars part, Alyssa was walking the perimeter in human form as Jessi and the other guys lounged in the pool; as it was way too hot for the guys to be training that day. Even though the DarkStars assault had been meager and lame, Alyssa couldn’t bring herself to relax after their “sneak” attack.

Alyssa didn’t like the fact that their enemy had gotten past so many of their traps and alarms, what if they managed to get past all of them the next time and take everyone off guard. When Alyssa had put words to her worries with Jessi the previous night, her friend had tried her best to assure her that it was near to impossible, but just near to impossible didn’t seem to settle Alyssa’s nerves. Every slight movement that came from the woods made her flinch as she expected a DarkStar to jump out at her at any second.

Even Brian had noticed a change in her mood as they sat around the dining table that night and Alyssa hardly touched any of her food, and she had cooked lasagna for dinner which happened to be near to her favorite meal. Alyssa went outside later that night lit a little fire to keep herself warm and comfortable as she used her telepathy to reach out and touch the minds of any living being within a quarter mile of the mansion, even the worms in the soil near the foothills to her left.

“Hey what are you doing out here all by yourself?” Brian asked as he came outside, distracting her from her task as he pulled a chair up next to her. He was wearing baggy jeans and a demin jacket over his bare chest that seemed to be made of gold in the glow of the fire light.

“What’s wrong with me wanting to enjoy the stars?” Alyssa asked a little crossly which she hadn’t meant to be but she was annoyed at being interrupted when trying to keep everyone safe.

“Well, I'm just worried about you,” Brian said slipping his hand around her’s, his strong hand warm against her slender pianist fingers, “You’ve seemed……….stressed since the day after the attack. You didn’t seem so put out until the day before yesterday. Why so stressed?”

Releasing a sigh, Alyssa stopped trying to keep her telepathic connection with the woods around and just talk to Brian, “Well, after the second assault I was fine, no one was seriously injured and the DarkStars went down fast. But that night, when I went to bed, I had…. I guess you could call them nightmares, where the DarkStars slipped past our defenses while we were all slumbering.”

Brian laughed when she said slumbering instead of sleeping and Alyssa just brushed it off.

“Well, anyways, they captured all of us and tortured Jessi will I was forced to watch. And when she wouldn’t give them what they wanted, they slit her throat…..and her blood splattered all over me, and then slowly, one by one, they killed all of you off in the same manner. And yet I still wouldn’t give them what they wanted, and everything had gone black as I saw them pull the trigger of a gun pointed to my skull” Alyssa felt a knot form in her throat as she told Brian of her dream, for it had been so real that she had been afraid that when she awoke she thought to find everyone slaughter in their beds.

Warm tears poured from her eyes as she envisioned her dream over again, and moments later felt Brian wrap his arms around her and she laid her head against his chest, just over his heart. The rhythm of his heart created a soft beat that seemed to calm her nerves as her tears stopped flowing from her eyes. She felt his fingers stroking her long darks hair as he said soothing thing in a soft whisper in her ear. She didn’t know how long they sat like this in front of the fire, and she didn’t care to know. All she cared was that she never wanted him to let her go. The feel of his warm skin against her face, the calming beat of his heart, and the loving sweetness of his voice whispering sweet things was sweeter than all the chocolate in the world.

Unfortunately, their moment was interrupted as Jessi and Jimmy came screaming outside with a soaking wet Johnny hot in their trail. As always, Jessi was able to be calm and have a good time, even if there might be a battalion of killers only a mile away, something Alyssa just couldn’t understand. Matt stood by the door where the group of yelling people had come from and laughed as he watched poor Johnny get through into the pool, unable to best Jimmy in a match of mercy.

Alyssa found herself laughing at the sight before her, and realized that things weren’t as drastic as she had worried they might be. With Alyssa’s telepathy and Jessi knowledge of traps and supreme security system they were going to be fine.

“Come on Brian, I think Johnny needs our help,” Alyssa laughed whipping what remained of her tears from her cheeks.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry its taken me so long to finally post a chapter :) enjoy