Status: Active but maybe a little slow

Rockin Skin Walkers

Chapter 29: Kaleb

Jessi walked purposely through the Skin Walkers camp with the guys in toe like seven rather large ducklings. She was showing them around their new temporary home while Alyssa was with her family. The camp sat at the base of a large, rusty red cliff and consisted of several rustic looking log cabins. Theirs sat nicely clumped in the same area with Jessi’s. Matt, Johnny and Brian shared one while the Berrys and Jimmy shared a second. Since there was no room left Zacky’s was in Jessi’s. Alyssa was of course staying in her family’s home. The guys were exploring their new cabins.

“This is a cool place,” Zacky said impressed.

“Yes it is. I like it here,” Jessi smiled.

“I can see that,” he smiled warmly at her.

“After my parents died Alyssa’s father brought me here and raised me. When I was 17 I moved in to the cabin I’m in now. This is my home.”

“That’s neat. I’m sure there are horses around here, know you,” he wrapped his arm around her waist.

“Yep. There’s a barn and corrals off to the east,” she pointed off in the general direction.

They were heading towards her house. The birds were singing and the weather was warm. Green grass covered the surrounding hills with pine trees starting half way up.

“Well, well, well. Look what the cat dragged in,” a friendly voice from behind them said.

They whirled around. A handsome, younger, Native American man stood before them with a warm smile.

“Kaleb!” she cried embracing him.

“Hey Jessi! How was your trip? I see you brought back a souvenir,” he said as she released him.

“It went well. And actually we brought back seven of them. I have this one, Alyssa has another and it was a package deal so the other five came along too,” she laughed. “Zaky this is a good friend of mine Kaleb Running Bear,” Jessi turned back to Zacky.

“Nice to meet you I’m…” Zacky stuck his hand out.

“Zacky Vengeance, anyone who’s been around Alyssa for more than a day knows Avenged Sevenfold,” Kaleb chuckled shaking Zacky’s hand. “Nice to meet you man.”

“Nice to meet you too,” Zacky replied. Jessi could tell he wasn’t entirely sure about Kaleb but he didn’t let it show. “I take it you’re a Walker too?”

“That’s right. I’m a grizzly,” Kaleb said proudly. He scrutinized Zacky for a moment. “Something tells me you are too.”

“Yep. I’m a black leopard.”

“Well who’d have thought a member of Avenged Sevenfold could be one of us,” Kaleb chuckled.

“He’s not the only one actually. Synyster Gates is a black wolf and Johnny Christ is a rather large griffin,” Jessi told Kaleb. “Honestly at this rate I expect one of the other two will change…” she was cut off by the screaming growl of a cougar and Brian and Johnny calling out for her. “…soon. Right on cue.”

The three took off towards the cabin.

“We really have to sit down sometime and you’ve gotta tell me what happened,” Kaleb laughed.

“It’s going to be a long story,” she laughed back.

Zacky was the first to reach the door. They burst in to find a cougar sitting on the couch in Matt’s clothes and Brian and Johnny in the kitchen.

“Here we go again,” Jessi sighed in amusement. She used Alyssa’s telepathy to find her. *We’ve got another one. Matt’s just changed, * she told her friend.

*Here we go again, * Alyssa replied.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait!! Here's another chapter. Hope you like it. I'm putting the character portion for Kaleb up so go take a look.
Thanks to the people who commented!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ice Cat