Status: Active but maybe a little slow

Rockin Skin Walkers

Chapter 4: Jessi

Jessi circled the perimeter of the property. She was up in the rocky hills behind the mansion. Her large paws gripped the rock as she climbed. It was afternoon when she reached the highest point at the western edge of the property. She lifted her keen nose to catch the scent of trouble on the cool breeze. Military style vehicles, the same kind the Dark Stars had. A small snarl rose from her throat. She wanted vengeance for what they had done and what they would try to do. But now was not the time to dwell on the past. His men were heading their way and she needed to warn the others.

Her graceful, snow leopard form made short work of the rocky hills. When she reached the trees that circled the mansion she changed back to her human shape and put on the clothes that she had stashed. She wore her brown cowboy boots that had blue, teal and yellow stitching designs up the legs, a pair of Wrangler 20x jeans that were tight enough to show the shape of her long, slim yet well muscle legs, a tightish black "Cowboy Up" shirt with a bronc rider on it, and a leather belt with bronc rider Conchos equally spaces along it with her grandmother's old barrel racing buckle.

Jessi ran up to the front door and used the large, metal, skull bat knocker. It was really cool! Through the great wooden door she heard a female voice saying, "I got it".

A second later Alyssa opened the door.

"What are you...?" she started to say but Jessi interrupted her.

"They're coming".

Alyssa got a worried look on her face and ushered her inside, grabbing one of Jessi' black bags. They quietly talked until they walked into the living room where all five guys were sitting in comfy looking chairs and couches around a large, flat screen TV. They looked at the girls as they set the two bags down. Zacky was the closest to her on a big, black chair. His bright green eyes starred at her curiously. Synyster was on a matching love seat in the middle. Shadows, Christ and Rev were on the couch at the end. The Rev was laying on his stomach on an extended section.

"Oooh! Who's your friend, Alyssa?" Zacky asked as he winked at her with a very charming smile.

She tried to hid the grin that was forming.

"Not now Zacky", Alyssa groaned.

"Oh a bit busy are we? We heard you two whispering out there in the hall. Brian, I think you might have competition", Johnny commented.

"Hey Zacky. How does a foursome sound sometime? With these lovely ladies permission of course", Syn smiled at Alyssa.

The Rev was now on his back giggling like a mad man, and from what Jessi had heard he was just that. Alyssa rolled her eyes and gave her an apologetic look.

"They just finished a South Park marathon".

"You act like we aren't use to this kinda stuff back home", Jessi laughed. "James and his yellow duct tape thong, Larry coming to the Halloween part in a stripper outfit, all those jokes we made in the band room and the bunk house in high school, oh and the conversation we had in drama class senior year, etc. Three words, chocolate covered peanuts".

The boys had astonished looks.

"What? We were band kids in high school", Jessi said.

"I think it's time we get down to business", Alyssa said.

Jessi nodded and the boys had curious expressions.

"They'll be here by nightfall so we don't have a whole lot of time", Jessi said as she moved one bag farther into the living room and dropped it with a thud.

"What in the hell is in that? Dead bodies?" Shadows asked.

"Ummm not quite", Jessi chuckled.

"I'll go check if they sent any scouts ahead", Alyssa said before jetting out the door.

Jessi sat quietly by her bag. The guys looked at each other with very "I have no idea what in the hell's going on! Do you?!" expressions.

"Ok is there something going on here that you guys aren't telling us or are we just too stupid to figure it out?" The Rev said after a while.

"The first one", Jessi answered.

"Well that makes us feel a bit better", Syn said.

"I hate to say it but it really shouldn't", Jessi said biting her lip.

"Why?" Zacky asked.

"Hold on a sec", Jessi said as Alyssa used her telepathy to talk to her.

*Nothing. It's strange, they would have normally sent out at least one. I'll check the house to see if they've bugged it.*

*I can do that* Jessi said.

*No it's ok. I know the house better*

*Ok*

"What was that about?" Shadows asked.

"When Alyssa gets back we will tell you", Jessi answered simply.

Just then Jessi heard a faint scratching at the door. When she opened it Alyssa's big, gray white wolf form dashed in and through the house. Then Jessi leaned against the doorway into the living room. After a moment the huge wolf blazed through the living room and down another hall followed by five simultaneous "Holy shit!"s. The guys stared at the door Alyssa had left through, mouths open and blinking stupidly. Alyssa walked up a second later in human form carrying small smashed gadgets.

"I found these in the bedroom vents", she reported tossing them in the trash can.

Suddenly the strong, musky scent of testosterone and aroused males filled the Jessi's nose. Judging by her perplexed look, Alyssa had caught it too. They glanced over at the guys who were wide eyed and open mouthed staring at Alyssa.

"What?" she said looking down at herself.

Jessi broke into a laughing fit as they both noticed that Alyssa was stark naked. It was a side effect of shape shifting. They always took their clothes off before shifting so as not to rip them and when they don't magically appear when they change back. It was a normal thing back in the tribe. This was completely natural for Walkers.

Alyssa went deep red as she bolted to get her dress. They guys looked absolutely dumbfounded and Brian had pitched a tent in his pants. Jessi was laughing hard.

"Brian before you say anything, I...WE can explain", Alyssa said as she walked in to the room still red and cuffed Jessi upside the head.

Jessi was finally able to breathe again and replied, "Yea that's a good idea".

Alyssa joined Syn on the love seat and Jessi was about to sit on the floor when Zacky jumped up.

"Here you can have my seat", he said.

Jessi was a bit taken aback. "No it's ok. I’ll just sit on the arm. How's that?".

"No. I insist. Come sit", Zacky urged.

Jessi decided to humor him and sat in the chair. Zacky plopped down on the arm.

"So, chivalry has yet to die", Jessi noted.

"Well that and I'm a bit old fashion", Zacky replied.

He was definitely interesting. Out of the group of five attractive guys he was by far the best looking. He seemed to possibly be interested in her but he still didn't know what she was so that was a big thing. She would make a proper analysis after they all got that cleared up.

"Ok can someone please explain why we have a new hot woman in the house, why we saw Alyssa naked (not that I'm complaining about either), why we had a huge freaking wolf run through our living room, and why the new hot girl is sitting with Zacky?!?!?!" Johnny asked.

"Well the last one is easy. Maybe she's interested in having a man not a boy, Short Shit", Zacky smirked.

"Well then why is she by you?", The Rev screeched throwing his arms in the air.

"Boys!", Jessi cried. "I'm not a piece of meat to fight over! Anyone who thinks they can call me, own me, whatever is in for a very rude awakening. Now, we have much more important business to get to anyway".

“Alyssa you can explain while I get my guns ready” she added.

Alyssa nodded and began, ”Well guys, as you can tell I'm not exactly what I seem to be. That wolf that went running through the living room was me. I'm a shape shifter, a Skin Walker to be precise. So is Jessi. We were sent here to protect you guy from a group that goes by the name of DarkStars. We got word that they’re after an artifact that you guys happen to own. A man from our tribe gave it to you just before he died. I brought you guys out here hoping to through the DarkStars off your scent, but obviously it didn’t work. We don’t know why they’re after this artifact or how they found out you have, but Jessi and I need to keep you guys out of harm’s way. I know this sounds farfetched, but you have to trust us, we’re your only hope to survive these bastards.”

“What exactly is this artifact they are looking for?”, Zacky asked.

“The Skull bat key”, Alyssa answered.

“How did they find out we have that? We never told anyone we had it like Alan Turner asked when he gave it to us”, Matt sounded confused.

“We’re not sure. All we know is that they want it and that puts you guys in serious danger”, Jessi said as she grabbed her bag.

It turned out not to be a bag at all. She undid the buckle on the leather strap on each side of handle and rolled it open. Tucked in their own neat spots were a number of old style weapons.

“What in the hell kind of guns are those?”, Syn asked.

“Let’s just say that Jessi and I have a thing for the 1873 Winchester repeating riffle, and a couple other old guns, we’re old fashioned too,” Alyssa said getting up from the couch and unrolling her guns, knife, daggers, and her short sword, “but Jessi’ knowledge of guns and such is a bit more extensive than mine since I am more of a healer than she is.” As she finished saying this she pulled out her favorite weapon of all, her single handed short sword.

“’The gun that won the West’ they say”, Zacky commented looking at Jessi’s rifle.

Jessi looked up at him and blinked in surprise along with everyone else.

“What? I like watching the History Channel sometimes”, he shrugged.

That perked Jessi’s ears as she pulled out her other weapons and described them, “My double barrel shotgun or scatter gun if you prefer, Colt Peacemaker, Derringer, dirk, Bowie knife, double edged and a hand and a half sword”.

Jessi began loading the guns and going over the blades. They watched her small, slim hands glide over her weapons with expert care.

"An uncared for weapon can and will go faulty the moment you need it", she explained.

The seriousness must have sunk in and the guys sobered up, even The Rev.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi everyone!! My name's Ice Cat and I'll be writing in Jessi's POV. Sorry it took so long but here I am. I hope you enjoy! We would GREATLY appreciate it if you commented. Thanks!

Ice Cat