Charlie

Chapter 6

Nerezza challenged them, shaking Charlie, her feet hardly touching the ground. “She’s dead if we back away,” Kane protested. Nerezza smirked. “And I thought you were the stupid one.” Charlie bit her lip. She felt her tears flow down her face as she desperately trying to think of a way out of this situation. “Have a heart Nezzi-” Aislyn stopped herself with a deathly glare from Nerezza. “She’s crying!” She finalized. “And why should I care?” Nerezza said, sounding quite casual. The causality of the statement made Charlie cringe. It was like she did this all the time. Nerezza’s eyes connected with Cethen’s, as if they were having a conversation with their pupils. But Nerezza opened her mouth and said in a quiet, cold voice. “Why do you care?” Without having to even know them, Charlie knew something more was behind that statement than just a simple comeback. Cethen didn’t answer. His eyes stayed glued to her’s, his lips never moving. Nerezza, finding his silence amusing, began to laugh. The hairs on Charlie’s neck stood on end with hearing her laugh. It sounded like a normal teenage girl laugh. But listening to it in the quiet, she could hear that icy pitch in it. It bothered Charlie. Though their time has been quite short, the coldness that seem to radiate from this Nerezza character, scared Charlie. Aside from the fact that Nerezza was going to kill her scared her anyway. “Well,” Nerezza said, clenching Charlie’s blonde hair tighter whilst dragging her back a little. “Ow, ow, ow!” Charlie protested, tip toeing with her captor to decrease the pain of the pulling. “I guess we’re just wasting time here so, I’ll be on my way.” “Wait!” Charlie yelled, pulling the opposite direction, trying to get away. “Where are we going?” “I’ll tell you when we get there,” Nerezza said, still holding her hair. Charlie bit her lip. She’d never done this before, but she hasn’t seen Miss Congeniality over 50 times for nothing. She backed into Nerezza, elbowed her in the mouth, then in the stomach. The surprise overwhelmed the pain, but Nerezza’s grip loosened and Charlie jerked away. She was planning to run away completely, but Cethen’s hand said other wise. With a swift yet gentle pull, she was standing behind Cethen, his hand over her wrist.
Nerezza’s lip was bleeding, but that seemed to be the least of her problems. “If you take her there, it’ll only be easier to find you!” She snapped. “I can manage.” Cethen stated calmly. “Take me where?” Charlie demanded, though a little quiet. Nerezza gave a tired yet somewhat satisfied smirk. “Its her life,” she said in a singsong voice. “But what do you care, right?” She flipped her hair, turning around and walking away. “See you later, brats.” She teased. Charlie nearly fainted at what she saw next. A huge circle appeared before Nerezza. It was black with swirls of icy blue and white. Charlie could feel the cold from where she stood. “Goodbye, sister.” Cethen mumbled. At first Charlie doubted Nerezza heard that. But the way Nerezza froze the moment he said the words. She turned half her body to face them. Charlie knew she was in reality still. For if they had been in something fantasy, Nerezza’s blue eyes would have been shooting daggers right in Cethen’s. Her voice quiet, but holding the force of a pound of bricks reached Charlie’s ears. “Never call me that.” And then she stepped through the portal.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not sure why I decided to continue this.....I love this story and I enjoy updating it, but I hardly have an ending yet...Oh, well. Enjoy:D