Status: Please give it a try. One-shot

Little Goodbyes

The Beginning of the End

The wind whips my hair fiercely around my face, snapping it this way and that. The damp rock that my bare feet are standing on bring chills up my spine with it's cool temperature. It's freezing as I wear the white dress he bought for me. The white dress he bought for me to be his fiance's bridesmaids. That had been the final straw. I couldn't live like this anymore. Him getting married was the last grain of sand in my hourglass, and it had just barely wiggled it's way through the crevice in the glass.

The preparation wasn't hard-- I had few people to say my farewells to. No one loved me anymore, and in turn, I loved no one back. There once was a time when the only emotion I felt was love, but he's long gone now, away in a place without me. He left me so easily, and I pretended to be okay with it, plastered a fake smile on my face-- it was my mistake because my nonchalance washed away any trace of guilt he had for leaving me. Every day afterwards, he stabbed me constantly deep in the heart with his letter and phone calls and the like. Yet his lack of physical presence is destroying me.

He's getting married. He's going to have a wife, and sooner or later, children. And then he'll become a grandfather or something of the sort. Where will I be then? Sitting on my rose-patterned love seat, smelling it, pretending that it still held his scent, even when I bleached it. I would be skipping rocks into the river, pretending to hear his laugh, his arms guiding mine as I throw the pebbles into the murky water. I would be lonely, longing for him and no one else. Lonely all my life because he left me.

With this thought, I bend my legs and stretch my arms wide, the wind almost carrying my frail, deteriorated body away. I jump, shivering as the world flies past me, all the people who didn't love me. Him. I suddenly regret my decision as he popped into my head, I want to turn back, but it is too late.

The last thing I feel is a sharp, cold, and hard feeling as I plummet into the freezing saltwater that hits me. I'd rather die alone than live in the excruciating agony of living alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Eh, it's pretty short. Not so good, but whatever.