Young and Pregnant

Alec

Alec tapped his fingers on the table, his head aching a little. He shouldn't have let Jackson convince him that drinking that much was ever a good idea. Not that he could really take it back now. Looking over at the living room, he saw that same friend snoring away. Sometimes he really wished he could just beJackson. He wished that he could live a life where the didn't have to worry. Of course he wished that he hadn't done a lot of things, but he couldn't really change what he had done so he only had one choice. He let out a sigh that was caught between exasperation and relief as Cassandra's answering machine answered his call.

"Hey Cass, it's Alec. I wanted to talk. Could you just... could you meet me at the park by your place around lunch at one? I just... I need to talk to you okay? Bye."

The message had been ridiculous. He knew it. He wanted to slap himself for even having let those words come out of his mouth as he pressed the end button. He knew why he was nervous, but he didn't want Cassandra to know that. She had to think he was confident. She had to think that he knew exactly what he was doing even if he really didn't know. He didn't know exactly what he was doing, but he knew what he was doing.

If he could remember that than maybe he could actually do this.

Alec grabbed his keys and stuffed them into his pocket. He knew that he actually wasn't going to be able to bring himself to eat lunch, but he could try. Maybe if he could get something down than he wouldn't be so nervous. "I'm going out," he called to Jackson as his friend rolled over. Alec rolled his eyes as he moved across the slightly dirty living room and out the front door, locking it behind him.

He was making the right choice. He was doing the right thing. He just hoped that Cassandra saw it that way. In his mind he could imagine her telling him how he was lying or that he could never be that responsible. And maybe she would be right if she did say those things. He shook his head. It wasn't worth thinking about. She might not say it at all. She might just let him do what he wanted to instead.

Yeah if only he could actually be that lucky!

Alec walked down the stairs and started to make his way towards the park. He had plenty of time and he wanted to try to walk off some of the stress that kept reverberating through his body. That anxiety kept him walking aimlessly towards the park. It kept him walking and moving down the street, stopping at the corners, and occasionally even turning.

"Alec!"

He froze, his thoughts abruptly ending. Slowly turning around, Alec looked behind him to see Cassandra just standing there and watching him. "Uh, hey," he managed a little smile. He wished for a moment that she would smile back. She had to still be frustrated with him. Not that he could blame her. Hell he had been pissed at her. He still was honestly, but he was more nervous about what he had to ask her.

"Do you still want to meet me later or do you just want to get this done and over with now?" she asked.

What did she think of him? Did she think that he was going to run off? Probably. That was the last thing he wanted her to think. It wasn't true after all. He had other plans in mind. "No, I'll just...I'll do it now," he said. He probably looked like he was a guilty bastard. He wasn't though. Was he?

"Do it than," Cassandra snapped.

He almost winced. Almost. He was doing the right thing, he told himself. He was doing exactly what he needed to. "Cassandra... I want the baby," Alec said tilting his chin up in the air. "After you have the baby, I want custody of the baby. You won't have to ever worry about child support or anything. I'll take care of everything. But...I want to raise our baby."