Young and Pregnant

Please do what's right

Cassandra almost choked. Alec wanted to raise their baby. Without her.

Emotions ran through Cassandra that wouldn't stop for a moment to get her bearings on the situation. She was angry at him trying to take away something she knew now that she wanted. Sadness washed over Cassandra because it was their baby. Not just his. This was their mistake, and they were in this together.

"You want to take our baby. You want to take it away from me?" The anger started to well up inside her now. He did not deserve the baby if he was only going to take it away from its mother.

"How the hell are you supposed to raise the baby in the military Alec?" Cassandra shook her head and glared at him.

"How are you supposed to raise a damn baby? It's our child Alec! That means you and me. Not just you. I want to keep this baby and you're not taking it away from me. Either we're in this together, or I'm doing it alone."

Alec only stood there. He only stared at her. He wouldn't move or blink, and it seemed that maybe he was stunned. But then Alec's eyes started to narrow. His breath started to quicken, then he wasn't the only one filled with anger.

"The baby would stay with my parents."

"No." Cassandra stood defiantly in front of him. She would not accept this, and he was not going to take her baby from her. Not now, and not ever.

"What do you mean 'no' Cassandra? You and I both know that the baby would be better off not being in your household with your parents. You saw and heard how they reacted. It's better off this way."

Cassandra took a step forward to close the space a little more and spoke vehemently. "I put a lot of thought into this Alec. I thought about giving up the baby long and hard. I decided that this thing inside me had to have a future. Who am I to take a future away from someone? Now that I know this is what I want, I'm going to fight for it. You're not taking this baby away from me. You and your family can help me all you can with it, but I'm not just going to sign custody over to you. I want this."

Alec didn't know what to say to Cassandra anymore, all her knew was that he was right. Even if she didn't see it, he was right.

"You can't take this away from me..." she said quieter. "You can't."

Just like that Alec knew he was wrong. Those few words spoken how they were told him he was dead wrong.

He watched the silent tears streak down Cassandra's face and knew he would do all that he could for this baby. If not for Cassandra, for the baby.

He took Cassandra in his arms and hugged her. With the contact he could feel the pain, the anger, and the stress. He felt it more through her than in himself. He had to try and make everything right.

"Alright Cass. Alright. It will all be okay, I promise."

Alec stroked her hair and kissed the top of her head. "I won't take anything away from you. I promise." He rested his had on her shoulder and sighed.

Then without him even realizing, Cassandra interlocked their pinky fingers together. "Pinky swear?" She looked up at him with pleading eyes to see things her way, if just for that minute.

Alec smiled softly down at her, this was why he was with her in the first place. "Pinky swear, Cass. I pinky swear."

She nuzzled down into his chest and inhaled his scent. These were the times she lived for wit him. They really were.

"Let's get you home." he spoke suddenly, but it didn't matter to Cassandra. They were finally on good terms again, and she hoped they could stay that way.

"Walk me home?" She wove her fingers in his and pulled the opposite direction where they were standing. He nodded and put his arm around her shoulder.

"Thank you, Alec... I love you."

"I love you too..."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry sorry sorry! Hope you guys like it! :]