Status: New. Sorry you guys. I'm a biiiit obsessed.

Let Love Bleed Red

There's a reason I feel this way

Vic and Tony were quiet after my little outburst, making it very awkward for the three of us. I sighed and looked up at them, my green eyes teary. They looked shocked for a second at my glassy eyed state, before composing themselves.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled, biting my lip between my teeth. "I just hate when people act like they don't see them. The bruises and scars."

"We did see them, but we didn't want to make you uncomfortable by asking." Tony replied, putting a hand, gently, on my shoulder. "You're, obviously, in a state where you need to friends to care for you. Not judge you. Or pity you."

I smiled beneath the tears, as they streamed down my face. I've only known these guys for a few hours and they were calling me their friend. I'd never had many friends. Actually, I've never had friends. I was always too shy, nerdy. I was the one everyone made fun of in school.

Now, I'm graduated and homeless. No job, money, or anybody to take me in. But, I did have someone take me in. These four men, who know nothing about me, took me in out of the kindness of their hearts.

"Thank you, guys." I whispered, looking up at them. "Thank you so much."

Vic pulled me, and in turn Tony, into a hug. I let out a watery laugh and hugged him back, pressing my tear streaked face into his skinny chest. I heard the door open and two female voices carried into the kitchen.

"Tony!" Tony grinned into my hair and pulled away, turning to the smiling girl in the doorway. She was pretty, tan skin and long black hair. I couldn't tell, but her eyes looked crystal blue, like the ocean.

The girl next to her was just as pretty, but her eyes were searching the room. She had a frown on her face, but one of confusion. I moved to open my mouth and ask who she was looking for, but her eyes lit up when the door opened and Jaime stepped through. She grinned, wide, and threw herself at him, laughing.

I looked over at Vic, confused. He smiled and pulled me around the hugging couples and outside. Mike waved at me, spatula in hand, before returning to the food on the grill.

I took this chance to speak up, but not about what happened in the kitchen. "Are those vegetarian?"

Both men turned and looked at me, looks of amusment and disbelief on their face. Vic laughed and nodded, turning back to his brother. I smiled and looked around the backyard.

It was a tropical paradise almost. Palm trees and bright flowers decorated the fence surrounding the yard, giving it a cozy feel. A large in-ground pool was in the center of the yard, with plenty of room around it for games of football and other activities. I grabbed a close chair and sat down, resting my feet.

"Who's she?" A very feminine voice whispered. "She looks so lonely."

"That's Harmony. And, trust us, she's not." Mike replied. "She's staying with us for a while."

"Ohh? That's sweet. But, why?" The same voice whispered.

"Because I'm homeless." I inserted, my eyes still closed as I soaked in the sun. She gasped and I heard two sets of feet slamming their way over.

"Oh, dear! I'm Miranda and this is Annalise. We just call her Lise or Anna." Miranda grinned, her blue eyes gleaming. "I'm Tony's girlfriend."

Annalise took this time to speak up. "I'm Jaime's." She smiled, her hazel eyes were warm.

Their faces were questioning. I sighed and gave them a smile. "I was kicked out, if that's what you were wondering. Oh, and Miranda, I think these are your clothes."

She laughed and waved me off. "I have two closets. I'll be fine. But, you. We're going shopping for you, missy. Don't even think you can get out of it."

**

Later that night, after the girls had left, the boys and I were sprawled out in the living room. We were arguing about what movie we should watch. I was suggesting we watch Moulin Rouge, but the guys were adamant that it was a girly movie that Miranda had left.

"You guys! It's a great movie!" I whined, making my eyes as big as I could get them and poking my lower lip out.

I smiled when they gave in and let the sounds of Moulin Rouge fill the room. As soon as Elephant Love Medley started playing, I was a puddle. Singing along to Nicole Kidman, I tried getting one of the guys to play Ewan's part.

"You guys are no fun."
♠ ♠ ♠
Again, the banner is thanks to the lovely BlackDreams.
You should check her story.