Status: Active; update when possible

Kill Me With a Thorny Kiss

A Cross, A Death Wish, and A Three Year Deal

*Three years ago on the autumn equinox at the Peccatores Volunt*

I watched silently as the young human girl bumbled her way through the crowds. There was an air about her: even though her fear had a tangible taste to it, she was also determined to get what she came for. In a way I was glad that Damon hadn’t come. This was the wrong girl; I had confused her for her friend a deadly mistake if things had gone ‘right’. But…. I think I can turn this into a favor for me.

The girl looks up and I wave her over. She looks grateful now that she’s found somebody she recognizes. When she finally makes it over to me she looks flustered, yup, this definitely isn’t the girl I wanted- no that I needed. She’s nervous, and that’s not good. I need someone that can come here fearlessly. Hard to find in a human these days, but I smile reassuringly to her all the same. She smiles back; more comfortable now and she fingers her blonde hair out of her eyes a bit, I came face to face with bright blue eyes. Well, now aren’t you a looker, it really is a shame that you’re the wrong girl, I muse to myself, but I mentally shake my head there is no place for error plans come first.

“Hello, hello again. I’m glad you could come.” I say showing my more angelic qualities that I retained even after my banishment from heaven.

“H-hi. Yo- you said that if I came you could grant me any one wish.” she stutters, tripping over her words; fidgeting with her short sleeved shirt and her blue jeans. I laughed silently. I knew what she came for, what she longed for, but it was fun to hear her try to say it for herself. Patience, kindness, I have to remind myself. Did I really care for humans before? I can never see myself caring for them anymore.

“Ah, yes, I believe I did. Didn’t I?” I wait until she nods before I continued “Let’s go someplace quieter to finish talking, alright?” it wasn’t really a question that left any openings for a discussion or disagreement, and she knew it. Good, humans need to know not to question us. That’s how trouble always get started.

I chose a small café within the Peccatores Volunt grounds which was less then halfway filled thankfully. I lead her to a booth that was place slightly more remote than many of the other booths, somewhat due to the fact that it was usual demons that fulfilled wishes not fallen angels. Yet if anyone saw me, they knew that not to say anything, mainly because no one wanted to face the wrath of my mate, Lucifer, which can actually have its pluses surprisingly, so I was pretty much on a free rein to do whatever.

“So, now,” I started catching the human’s attention once again as her blue orbs shifted back and forth as she took in the new surroundings. It was like she semi-expected a skeleton to jump out at her. “what is it that I can offer you?”

“I- I want to die.” her voice gets almost panic and it’s all I can do not to smile, and laugh.

Silly, human of course you do. I’ve been watching you, and your friend because of that. I have to get back into my role though and act surprise. “Wha- why death though? You can have anything in the world and you chose to die? What about your family? Your friends? Your goal in life?”

“…my family doesn’t care. They wouldn’t even notice I am gone. I don’t have a goal in life, there are billions of people on the earth right now. What’s one person going to do that makes such a big difference?” She skips over talking about friends. I know she did and she knows I know, but she still hoping I won’t press her. Tough luck sweetheart.

“But your friends… they’re the people you can count on more than anything in the world to be there for you.”

She laughs bitterly “If that’s true, then I have no friends.”

Okay, now this was starting to get annoying. I just needed her to get to the other human girl. “Not even one?” I pressed harder this time making sure to have eye contact.

This time she bites her lip trying to look away but finding it almost impossible not to keeping my yellow gaze with her own. “I-I….I have one friend, her name’s Rose. We’re like twins you could say.” Ah, so the girl I want is named Rose, pretty name, and all to ironic.

If you have Rose, then why do you still want to die so badly?” I think I actually was starting to take interest in this human’s story, or I could just be slipping into my former self. I can’t tell anymore between the lines of falsity and sincerity.

“Rose, wants to die just as badly as me, if not more. Both of us have hellish lives. We don’t want to keep living them when we know they won’t get better.” she says; she seems more open to talk to me now, which I’m taking as a good sign.

I’ve gotten what I needed and now I will seal the deal and kiss fate until the our next date. “Hmmm, I see. Alright, I will give you death, but at a cost-”

“What?! I didn’t know there would be a cost!” She interrupted, before I could finish. When she had noticed her mistake in interrupting me she flashed me an apologetic look and motion that I could finish.

“I am not going to ask for much sweetie. I just want you to do one small thing for me.”

“Which is…?” she asked hesitantly

I smiled at that. “I would like you, in three years, have your friend, Rose, meet me here. Now keep in mind please, that you will already be dead. But I still need your friend to come visit me in three years from today, and she can’t harm herself. That means she can’t cut herself like you did,” I said pointedly looking at the scars she had on her arms; her short- sleeved t-shirt not covering them at all. She blushed and tried to cover them with her bare arms. “And most importantly not dead, but still wishing she was. Do you think you can do this for me?” I finished.
She nodded, her face thoughtful like she was trying to solve some difficult puzzle. “How long do I have till I die?”

I thought it over before answering. “You can have as long as you like within the next week.” I take off my cross and hand it over to her. “This cross will keep the poison I will put into your body later from spreading quicker then with it off. It will give you the week to live, but during that time the poison will still be in your body slowly eating you alive, but don’t worry it won’t hurt.” I say glancing into her fearful eyes at the mention of the poison, and the fear disappears. “After you made sure that Rose will come in three years, you can take off the cross and you will die, quickly and painlessly. Do we have a deal sweetie?”

She hesitates, debating whether or not to accept the deal, and if she can keep her side of it. After I start to pull my cross back to help with her decision, she leans forward and grasps my cross from my hands saying: “We have a deal.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay~ New story time! *Claps* This suddenly came into my head (I forget how though DX) And we'll I just had to work on it so this explains the lacking in update for Songbird (sorry, I really I am ;_;) and the sequel which I already started on (cause I am just that awesome XD) even though this one is no where done with (since this is only the prelude and not even all of it X3) If you love me then you'll comment on this story!