Status: A-a-a-active!

Catastrophic

Jasper...

“You asshole!” I hissed as I climbed into the jeep ten minutes later. I reached over to slap her shoulder. “First of all, going off with a guy you don’t even know? Then not even thanking Jacob for saving your virginity? What the hell?”

“Well I love you too Charlotte!” She replied with mock enthusiasm, shoving the key in the engine. She stepped on the gas, backing out, almost hitting a black SUV on her way out.

“You can’t even say thank you?” I asked in disbelief, slapping her arm once again. She sent a glare my way, waving me off.

“I had it under control,” she replied defiantly, taking a sharp turn out of the parking lot.

I swear Mr. Whitley has it out to get me. After backing into with his huge ass, which caused me to break the beakers the science club was storing here, he gave me a detention. It may have had something to do with the fact I told him he should put a warning on his ass reading “wide load” though.

After getting out of detention, I made my way down to my locker to grab my history book to study tonight. I slammed the door, in a pissed off mood for having to waste an hour of my time, to see Jasper studying me curiously.

“Oh, hi, Jazz.” I said, offering a small smile, walking over to him. He smiled back, taking my book, not giving me a choice, making me frown.

“Hello, Charlotte,” he started, “rough time in detention?” We started to walk out to my bike slowly, taking our time. My anger and frustration always disappeared when was around Jasper; it was like he knew exactly what to do to make me feel better. Or what not to do.

“Eh, completely pointless to dwell on it.” I replied, shrugging. He nodded, smiling slightly. “Plus, I am on my way to La Push to hang out with the guys, so I kind of can’t be angry or else they’ll throw me in the ocean.”

“... The guys?” Jasper asked, slightly tense, his voice too calm. “You mean Sam’s gang?”

“Yeah...?” I replied slowly, looking up at him curiously. His lips were set in a thin line, his golden eyes cold and emotionless. His fingers twitched a little, his body slowly tensing up more.

“You shouldn’t hang out with them, Charlotte.” Jasper told me in the same, calm voice.

“Now why shouldn’t I?” I replied, frowning. I shifted my bag to my bike as we finally got there, before looking up at him, confused. Jasper looked down at me, expressionless, except for the fact his jaw was set, and was calculating the way I felt.

“They’re.... They’re dangerous, Charlotte.” He replied. I frowned even more, before opening my mouth to reply, but he rushed on, saying “they can’t control how they feel, Char.
They’re like... animals.”

“Why don’t you tell me why you think that and I’ll consider staying away from them?” I asked casually, pulling out my keys. A soft sigh came from him, as he brought his hands up to rub his face.

“I can’t.” He replied, looking over at me sadly. His expression was stressed and torn, before biting his lip, adding “just don’t hang out with them anymore. They’re bad news.”

Putting a hand on my hip and giving him the best strict look I could, I glared up at him for a while. “You did not just tell me what to do.” I finally said, now determined to go to La Push. If you tell me to do something, I usually end up doing just the opposite. If you command me to do something, I end up doing something wrong just to piss the person off. It’s just who I am.

“Stay away from them, Charlotte.” Jasper said in a forceful voice, gripping my forearms firmly, rooting me to my spot. His eyes were stony, many shades darker, his posture tense and rigid. Jasper’s mouth was set in a thin, pressed line, looking down at me slightly angry. As scary as it was, I glared up defiantly at him.

“Well maybe if you actually told me a damned thing we wouldn’t be having this conversation. Now let go.” I told him a firm voice, trying to yank out of his hold on me. He held on tighter, restricting my blood flow.

“Listen to me, Charlotte.” He said angrily, shaking my arms. I bit my lip from crying out in pain, determined not to show weakness. Tears sprung to my eyes but I held them back. I was 100% sure this would leave bruises. “You ca-I’m so sorry!” He let go of my arms in haste, looking at me shocked. I pulled back immediately, staring up at him wide eyed, rubbing my arms. I spun around and hopped on my bike, starting it up silently.

“Charlotte, wait I’m sorry!” Jasper called out to me as I sped away on my bike, biting my lip. Why would he hurt me? Did he not know how hard he was holding on? Why did it seem like he was holding back a lot? If he wanted to, he could have snapped me in half. No one I have ever met with his physical stature could do that, so why did it seem like he could?
♠ ♠ ♠
You cannot imagine my immense writer's block. I had fully intended to give up on this, since I haven't updated in what; a year? But a friend of mine convinced me what I have going with this is too good to give up, so I've decided to continue. I have another chapter after this to put up, but first I want to know if you guys are still wanting me to continue updating. Chapters will get longer, I promise.

AND if you're into Lord Of The Rings, try out my "Change of Heart" I will be publishing later today. It features my original charater, Elaina, and the ever lovely Haldir of Lorien. It starts out with little Elaina being only 9 years old when she is found, but quickly grows into a young women who unknowningly steals Haldir's heart.