Status: A-a-a-active!

Catastrophic

Jasper

“She’s making us go to school already?” I asked, rubbing my eyes. Vespera had come into my room seconds earlier to tell me to get up because we needed to go to school.

“She’s cracked, I know.” Vespera said, sighing. She looked like she needed at least five more hours of sleep, so I couldn’t imagine how bad I looked. I groaned, as Vespera took her leave. After laying in bed for five more minutes, I finally dragged myself out of bed and into the bathroom. It was a wonder that Vespera wasn’t in here yet, usually she woke up just a bit earlier than me to get into the bathroom first.

After taking the shower, I used the blow dryer we had unpacked and dried my hair, then fluffed it up a bit. I dressed into a form fitting t-shirt that said “Hot Topic” on it, red skinny jeans, tons of bracelets, Converse, a bow, and a silver heart shaped locket my dad gave me before he died. Vespera had one just like it.

I had just finished my make up when Vespera started pounding on the door, and telling me if I didn’t get out right now that she’d get out her hammer and break the door down. I rolled my eyes at the threat, telling her she couldn’t carry a hammer if her life depended on it.

“.... That’s not the point. Just get oooooout!” Vespera whined, kicking the door a bit. I laughed and opened the door, right as Vespera shouldered her way in and slammed it behind her. I rolled my eyes again at her tantrum, then went back to my room. I took everything out from my backpack, and filled it with new notebooks and paper. Vespera and I had been in the honors classes back home, and since this school didn’t offer them, we’d be able to fly by easily with straight A’s.

Once I got downstairs, I started up the coffee pot. There was a note left behind on our now unpacked table from our mom, stating that she had left earlier to find a job. I shrugged, letting it fall back onto the table as I went to pour myself a steaming cup of coffee. I put two teaspoons of sugar and two teaspoons of creamer, and mixed it together. Moving onto Vespera’s cup, I added three teaspoons of sugar and one of creamer. Vespera came bounding down the stairs in record time, only twenty minutes later clad in a All Time Low t-shirt, white skinnies with black splattered across them, a million bracelets, blue Converse, and thick eyeliner.

“Well you’re a walking rainbow today.” I commented, drinking my coffee. She flipped me off, shuffling over to get her coffee.

“Thanks, butt-head.” Vespera said, going to sit at the table.

“You’re welcome, ass-hat.” I replied. A little meow came from the doorway, and there stood my little Rue in all her glory, looking up at me with wide eyes. I put my mug onto the counter and went over to pick her up, getting her face close to mine as I made cooing sounds.

“... You’re a freak.” Vespera said, sounding very convinced. The comment just made me up my cooing even more. She sighed heavily and dramatically, before going to empty out her cup. I put Rue down and did the same, then went upstairs to grab my bag. Vespera and I both made our way outside, before coming back inside to grab a jacket. We finally got out to the jeep, as Vespera hugged it and then got inside.

“Do you know where the school is?” Vespera asked as she backed the car out of the driveway. I told her yes, then recited the address. She mumbled something about not knowing where the hell that was, but drove down the street anyway.

Ten minutes later we pulled into Forks High. It was much, much smaller than the one we went to, but I thought that it looked kind of quaint. The school was made up of small houses, it looked like. That thought was ruined by the first words spoken to me.

“Aw, girl, I’m going to have to put you on my “to-do” list!” A guy called out. Both Vespera and I looked back, wondering who the poor girl got this pick up line. Apparently it was one of us, because a guy was walking towards us. He had his eyes set on me, so I assumed he was talking to me. His eyes traveled down my body and back to my eyes. I self consciously crossed my arms over my chest.

“What the fuck?” Vespera wondered out loud. His eyes shifted to her, checking her out next.

“Nice legs... what time do they open?” He said, a smirk on his lips. He wasn’t bad looking; but he wasn’t that nice looking either. He had shabby brown hair and brown eyes.

“Oh hell no.” Vespera nearly growled, raising a fist. I quickly grabbed it, pulling it down to her side.

“I know he’s a pig, but we can’t get suspended on the first day!” I hissed at her. She glared, but unclenched her fist. I turned by attention back to the perv, getting ready to say something, but he cut me off.

“You’ve got 206 bones in your body, want one more?” He commented, making a thrusting motion.

“That’s it-” I stated, taking a step towards him. Another male student stepped between us, with long, slightly curly golden hair and gray/black eyes.

“Leave.” He commanded the the pervert, his tone full of demand and threat. The male’s eyes widened, and he scrambled back, making his way to a random small house on the campus. The golden haired guy turned around to face us. His face was full of kindness, but he was stiff as he stood, his eyes guarded and mouth set in a tense, tiny smile. His face had numerous, faded scars, but it didn’t cause any harm to his other-wise flawless face.

“I’m sorry you had to deal with Chris.” He apologized, his tone full of sincerity. His voice was angelic, and my breath caught in my throat for a second.

“Fucking asshole...” Vespera mumbled under her breath.

“It’s not your fault, but thank you for getting him to leave.” I told him, offering a small smile. He returned it.

“I am Jasper Cullen.” Jasper introduced himself, his smile growing.

“I’m Charlotte Benington, and this sourpuss is Vespera.” I replied.

“We had the situation under control.” Vespera said, glaring at Jasper.

“Sure you did.” He laughed, shaking his head. “Have you guys gotten your schedules yet?”

“No, we haven’t.” I answered. “Would you mind pointing us in the right direction to the of the office?”

“Of course. It’s right down there; once you reach room three it’s just two more rooms behind it.” Jasper told us, pointing to room three.

“Thank you.” I replied, shooting him another smile before grabbing Vespera’s wrist and dragging her off to the office.

“Your welcome!” Jasper called after us.

Five minutes later we each had a schedule in our hands, comparing our classes. We had second period, and fifth together. Vespera sighed in frustration, folding her schedule up and shoving it into her hoodie’s pocket.

“At least we have two classes together.” I said, laughing at her behavior.

“Yeah yeah yeah...” Vespera mumbled. I chuckled, then told her I’d see her in second period. She just waved me off, walking in the direction of whatever class she had first period. I made my way down to room ten, walking fast because the bell was going to ring in two minutes, according to my phone. I made it with ten seconds to spare, while the rest of the class was already seated and the teacher was at the board.

“New student.” He stated, pushing his square glasses up. He was a short, chubby man, with graying hair. He reminded me of my second grade teacher, who put me in detention for calling another kid stupid. I could tell already I wouldn’t like him. “I’m Mr. Whitly. Please take a seat next to Chris, right there in the back.”

Great. A new school and I was already getting the worse possible seat.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments would be wonderful.