Status: A-a-a-active!

Catastrophic

History

By lunch, I had had it with the teachers here. Mr. Whitly, quite possibly the worst math teacher ever, had earned the award of most hated teacher by me. My science teacher had sat me next to some girl named Jessica, who wanted to sit there and gossip all day, and asked me too personal of questions.

“Worst day ever.” Were the first words out of Vespera’s mouth when we sat down at lunch at an empty table.

“I’m not even going to try to disagree with you there.” I replied, putting my head in my hands. Vespera leaned over to rest her head on my shoulder. I could tell she was pouting. It was a sister thing.

“I say we ditch the rest of the day...” Vespera said. I shook my head.

“We can’t. You have soccer tryouts, remember?” I told her, and she sighed.

“Damn...” She answered. The rest of lunch we sat there and complained to each other about our first two periods.

Third period was set in room 16, for History. I strolled into the class, almost late again. This time the teacher was a woman, with natural ginger hair, pulled back into a neat bun. She had a small smile on her aging face, her brown eyes sparkling. She obviously loved her job.

“Hello, Charlotte.” She said. “I’m Mrs. Hamilton, welcome to Forks high school.” Mrs. Hamilton said, her smile growing. I returned it, along with a polite hello and thank you back. It was the first welcome I had gotten from a teacher so far. One out of three wasn’t so bad. “Please take a seat next to Jasper.” Jasper was sitting back in his chair, and sent me a smile as I made my way to the middle of the class.

“Hello again.” Jasper said, the smile still on his face. I returned it, putting by bag on the floor by my desk. His eyes somehow changed to a golden color, just like his hair. I decided that it was just the lighting and not to ask.

“Hey, Jasper.” I replied, slipping into my seat.

“So how are you liking Forks high school?” He asked me as Mrs. Hamilton wrote the assignment on the board. I took a deep breath, a troubled smile coming across my face, as I let it out. Jasper chuckled lightly. “Not well, I take it?”

“Forks isn’t the small, quaint, sleepy town I thought it to be.” I told him. His smile turned to one more of sadness and sorrow.

“Forks is, it’s just you have to know who to talk to.” Jasper said, the smile full of mystery. I gave him an odd look, but nonetheless went along with it.

“I’m sure it is... I get hit on by quite possibly the worse person here, thrown in with Asshole teacher of the year, and have to sit by a non-stop talking lunatic. That’s really given Forks a good track record.” I joked, laughing, but sobered up after that. “But at least I’ve met one good person so far.” Jasper’s smile brightened.

“I wonder who that could be...” He jokingly replied, pretending to think. I laughed, then bumped shoulders with him before pulling out a history book and flipping to page 248. Jasper followed in suit.
♠ ♠ ♠
It gets better, I promise =D