Status: A-a-a-active!

Catastrophic

Beach

My day finally ended. The second half of the day wasn’t nearly as bad as the first. I met Jasper’s family throughout my classes, and found out that he had two sisters, two brothers, and both his parents. Him and his siblings were all adopted. his brother Emmett

Vespera had to stay after school for tryouts, so I had the choice of walking home or staying after to watch. I wasn’t about to stay after, in the cold weather, just sitting there, so I started on my walk home. Halfway there a silver Volvo pulled up along side of me, the window sliding down. Edward was behind it, a small smile on his face.

“Would you like a ride home?” He asked politely. I smiled, but shook my head.

“No thank you, Edward.” I replied. “I could use the exercise. And I love your car, by the way.”

“I love it too.” He said sighing like a love sick girl. “See you in school tomorrow, Charlotte.” He drove off, but not before I noticed his girlfriend Bella was in the passenger, and Emmett and Jasper were in the back. He had turned and waved as they drove away, so I held up a hand and shook it slightly as a reply. He grinned and turned back around in his seat, then the car turned out of my sight.

I sighed slightly, shoving my hands into the hoodie’s pockets. I ducked my head as I continued to walk on, kind of wishing that I took Edward up on his offer. Or that I had come to school with my bike. But like I said, I could use the exercise.

Walking home only took twenty minutes, since it was such a small town. Once I got home, I put out food for Rue and Jinx, then toasted a pop-tart for myself. Our mom still wasn’t home, so either she was looking for a job still or going to buy groceries. I leaning against the counter, ranting to Rue about my day and our new home. The strange thing was, I was starting to like Forks, despite the little pervert at the high school. Jasper had made it feel like home to me.

After I was done, I stripped off my bracelets to go ride on my motorcycle. One of the first times I rode it, one of my bracelets got stuck on one of the gears somehow, and the ending result wasn’t pretty, considering I had to get seven stitches. It took quite a while to get my mom to let me keep it, and even after then I was only allowed to ride it on the weekends. I convinced her to get rid of the rule later on. Lesson learned; bracelets are evil when it comes to motorcycles.

I got the motorcycle running and backed it out of the garage, and rode down the street, looking for anything to do. I stopped at the grocery market, and asked a random woman what people do for fun around her. She quickly told me how to get to a beach around here, then stopped to ask me where I was from, and if I was liking Forks so far.

“Forks is wonderful.” I told her, batting my eyes a few times. Even with my punk get-up, I can still make adults think I was innocent. Which I am, really. “Thank you for the directions!” I told her, leaving before she could ask me again where I was from. I got back onto my bike, and started off in the direction she told me. Ten minutes later I parked in an empty parking spot. All of them were empty, which didn’t surprise me. It wasn’t exactly a sunny, hot day people go to the beach.

I got off my bike and turned it off, then went to make my way down to the beach. The sand was damp and clingy as I walked down it to towards the water. Once I got there, I knelt down on a piece of large driftwood (that hopefully wasn’t that wet) and stated at the water. My eyes traveled down the water line as it washed up the shore, stopping on a big heap of russet fur a few feet from the water. Suddenly it lifted it’s head, and turned towards me. I froze, finally having it click my head that it was a wolf, and a large one at that. I never knew they could get that big.

It yawned as it looked at me, it’s long canines visible. It’s long, pink tongue came loll out as it yawned again, it’s brown eyes on me. I took a long breath, still not moving. The wolf got up completely and stretched, letting out a little whine as it straightened up. It shot me one more look, then took off for the forest dozens of yards away. A small shiver ran through my body as the wolf disappeared. I’d have to remember to ask Jasper if Forks or La Push regularly had sightings of wolves.