Status: A-a-a-active!

Catastrophic

We Just Have Some... Bad History.

The next morning consisted of me dodging Vespera’s questions about Jacob, and the fight with mom. I dressed in green skinny jeans and a plain black t-shirt with gray Converse, with the locket. Vespera, wasn’t a walking rainbow anymore, because she was wearing plain black skinny jeans, a red top, and black and white Converse. She had her locket around her neck, too.

“What are mom’s hours?” I asked Vespera as I made a pot of coffee.

“She works from 7 am. to 9 pm.” Vespera answered, hovering around the coffee maker. I nodded.

“So she works 13 hours a day?” I implored.

“Mhm.” Vespera replied, eying the coffee, inhaling deeply.

“So... that means she’ll be going to bed most likely right when she gets home, right?”

“Yeah...? Why?” Vespera asked, curious. I smiled, turning off the coffee machine and pouring it out evenly among the two cups. We added sugar and creamer as I took my time to answer.

“I’ve been told there are some pretty good parties at the beach in La Push.” I replied, raising my eyebrows up and down. Vespera’s face broke out into a grin.

“I thought I’d be the first to bring them up.” She told me, sipping her coffee. We stood talking about what we heard about them until Vespera realized we’d be late for school if we didn’t leave now. We poured out our cups, and made our way out to her jeep and my bike.

We got to the school with just minutes to spare, and departed to our first period classes. It went by smoothly, with the pervert from the first day here leaving me alone completely.

“Hey, Charlotte!” Jasper called, and I turned around to see him dodging kids trying to catch up to me. We were on our way to going to History together, when Jasper suddenly stopped and stared out across the parking lot. I followed his gaze, to see it trained on Bella, Edward, and a tall, tan guy standing next to a slightly beat up motorcycle. Jacob. My heart started to beat faster involuntarily as I looked at him.

“What’s Jacob doing here?” I wondered out loud, gazing curiously at him. Jasper looked down at me, confusion etched on his face.

“You’ve met Jacob?” He asked me. His voice sounded strained, like he was trying to mask emotion behind it, but a bit of pain seeped through. I looked up at Jasper, nodding.

“I met him yesterday.” I replied, then looked out at him again. Jacob broke gaze with Bella, looking directly at me. My heart skipped a beat, as I bit my lip. Jacob smiled, then looked over at Jasper. His smile disappeared, replaced with something close to hatred. I looked up at Jasper, to see him returning the look to Jacob.

“I think we should go to class.” Jasper said, not breaking the stare with Jacob. I nodded, confused, then looked back to Jacob as we walked away. He looked like he was in pain now, and Bella was looking our way with a sympathetic look on her face. I followed Jasper to the history class, prepared to ask about the encounter with Jacob.

“Jasper...” I started when we both sat down. He looked at me and gave such a honest, genuine smile, my breath caught in my throat. “W-what was up with you and Jacob?” The smile slipped off his face, replaced with a troubled look.

“We just have some... bad history.” Jasper replied, not giving any details, and not looking like he was going to give any. I just nodded, and for the rest of the period conversation was slightly awkward.

Fourth period, PE, was spent staying out of as much physical education with Bella. She asked me if any of my boyfriends have been the possessive type, and I told her no, then asked why. She told me that Edward could get jealous very easily, and very protective. The conversation ended when the teacher made us do push ups.

“Hey, Bella?” I asked timidly after them. She nodded, motioning for me to go on. “Were you talking to Jacob earlier?”

“Oh, yeah.” Bella replied, smiling slightly. “He wanted to come and ask me to invite you and I to a party at the beach tonight. You can take your sister, too.” I couldn’t stop the happy smile from forming on my face, no matter how hard I pressed my lips together.

“What time?” I asked, butterflies starting in my stomach. Vespera and I were going to have an amazing night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? No, not from you AliDaae XD