‹ Prequel: The Sun Makes Shadows
Status: Sequel!

There's No Dark Without Light

Sage

Nyaa’s POV

I sat up with a gasp. I was finally back from limbo. It was a weird feeling and I sighed thinking of my time there.

I don’t think I’ll get much sleep tonight.

Looking at my clock it read 4:30 a.m. I just stayed there for a moment remembering what little I had seen. I think Matt was reliving what happened to his sister; he was getting a second chance to get over it.

He gave her his last 10 dollars; that reminded me of my own grandma. She’d give anyone who asked all she had. I sighed remembering his mom also. She was a drunk; that also reminded me of my past. My mom was a drunk and druggie. She reacted the same his mother did when I told her I was leaving.

If she wasn’t drunk she was high and if she was neither she was finding ways to get drunk and high.

I never noticed how much Matt and I had in common. Why was it so hard for him to open up though? I haven’t been an open book either however; he didn’t know anything about my past except what the orphanage told him.

Nothing that happened before that; the part I remember.

You get what you give and I wasn’t giving him much.

I stood and decided to smoke out the house like I had planned. Hopefully that would make Val and I feel better. Bella misses Matt too.

I went to my drawer and moved the socks until I hit the bottom where the brown paper bag lay; sage.

Grabbing it I looked inside; my lighter and the plant were just where I left them. I closed the drawer and headed down the stairs.

I heard the TV and my brow furrowed in confusion.

“Nyaa?” Val asked.

“Why are you up?” I asked.

“I could ask the same,” she replied and stared at the brown paper bag beside me. “What’s that?”

I walked over and handed it to her. She looked into it questioningly before pulling out the items.

“Umm… is this a new kind of drug?” I laughed before shaking my head and grabbing the items.

“It’s sage; an herb Native Americans use to ‘smoke out’ a place. It helps get rid of all negative energy the house may hold. Also gets rid of evil spirits but that’s not why we need it, and it’s used in religious practices.” I grinned and she nodded slowly.

“You want to light it in here?”

“I was hoping… it’ll help us think positively about Matt.” She nodded slowly.

“Go ahead; is there something I can do?”

“Yeah stand still,” I said lighting the end of the plant.

I waved it in front of her.

“Now bathe in it,” I said before moving hands in the smoke and putting it over my body as if I held an imaginary wash cloth.

She followed my lead. Once she put it on herself I walked around the house waving smoke into the air. I shut my eyes and breathed in the smoke; I loved the smell of sage. I instantly felt my negative energy ease and disappear leaving my heart hopeful.

I finished smoking out the house and put the plant out before putting it back in the bag.

“How do you feel?” I asked Val and she smiled lightly.

“Better… hopeful. Thank you Nyaa,” she grinned.

“No problem Mom.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Speaking of sage; I need to light some >.> I had a long upsetting day and I need my negative energy gone like; now.

So… comment and everything else we ask of you :P

Geez over one hundred subs and just the first 3 chapters up; now four.
-Neche Narcissist