‹ Prequel: The Sun Makes Shadows
Status: Sequel!

There's No Dark Without Light

Talk

Matt’s POV-

“Wait, don’t go yet.” I murmured as Nyaa got up to leave. She sighed, but sat down.

“Okay. I’ll stay.” The guys had left after visiting for a while, and visitor time was nearly over. I just wanted Nyaa by my side until it was over. “You know, I really am sorry.” I apologized again. “I didn’t mean to become a…a distant person.” I leaned back in my bed. “You know, Marley never blamed me. It was my blame that kept me down. I see that now. And I know that you probably don’t believe me, now at least. But I will change.” I looked at her. “And I will be there, as the father. Not being there for you is the last thing I want.”

She looked doubtful, but there was something behind her expression that gave me hope.

“I guess you know everything now.” I squeezed my fingers shut. “I saw you there, in limbo.”
She winced and I sighed.

“Everything is okay now. I was forgiven, long ago I guess. Forgiven for something I didn’t do.” I looked at the bed sheet. “But now I am not forgiven for something I did do. Which is totally fair. I understand. I just hope that one day, I can prove myself to you. Prove that I can be there, anytime, anywhere.”

The door swung open and a nurse peered in. “Visiting hours are over.” She murmured. Nyaa nodded and followed her out. I sat there, alone, in my room.

“So Mr. Sanders.” I glanced up to see a faint glow. “Learn your lesson?”

“Yeah.” I replied as the glow disappeared and a doctor walked in. “Yeah I did.”

“You did what?” I looked up at the confused doctor.

“Oh, nothing.” I responded, knowing that he would think that I was crazy.

“Well, I am going to be leaving for tonight. No getting out of bed. You smashed up your leg pretty good, so you’ll need to rest it. I shall talk to you and your wife again tomorrow.” He walked to the door. “Good night, Mr. Sanders.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry that this is short and a long time coming you guys. >.> Parents + impatience + compiter= bad things. >.> Love, comment, subscribe!

-camillia21