‹ Prequel: The Sun Makes Shadows
Status: Sequel!

There's No Dark Without Light

Pancakes

Matt’s POV

I was signing all of this paperwork waiting to be discharged. Val was here and Nyaa choose to stay home which upset me a bit but what could I do?

I kissed Val and she giggled, I was so damn happy. I was happy to be alive, awake, and a father.

I couldn’t be any more happier than if I won a million bucks, hell I felt like I had won the lottery.

God, life was good… it could be better if Nyaa forgave me but it just takes time.

Finally around 9:30 in the morning we could leave. I all but ran to the car to get home. Val drove but I wish I had, she was going too slow.

I got up the steps to our front door first and unlocked it; the smell of bacon and eggs hit my nose and I drooled.

“Babe,” I called back to Val.

“Yeah,” she asked as she reached the door.

“Did you cook?” She furrowed her brows and shook her head no.

We walked straight to the kitchen and found Nyaa flipping a pancake on the stove.

“Hey,” I called just as she was in the middle of turning over one.

She gasped and the pancake flew a mile into the air before landing on the ground. I stared down at it in confusion before looking and seeing her standing catching her breath with her hand over her heart.

“You scared me half to death!” She looked at the ground to see Bella had attacked the meal.

“Thanks for feeding Bella,” Val smiled and I laughed.

Nyaa smiled, a real genuine smile, it’s been a while since I had seen it and it was beautiful.

“What’s all of this?”

She shrugged.

“I make a mean breakfast and I figured you would be tired of hospital food and mom has had a rough couple of days.”

“That was very sweet of you Nyaa,” Val said and I smiled wider than I had in a long time and I had been smiling a lot lately.

I looked over her shoulder to see homemade hash browns, pancakes, bacon, sausage, and eggs; over easy and scrambled.

“I didn’t know what kind of eggs you liked or if you liked bacon or sausage so I made both.” She said and I smiled.

“Over easy and bacon but I eat anything,” I answered.

“Ain’t that the truth,” Val commented and I playfully glared.

“Sorry I made so much,” Nyaa blushed and I shook my head.

“No, it’s perfect. You’re perfect.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow I am sorry this has been a while. I don’t know where my co-author is… I guess I’ll have to continue this on my own huh? Well I’ll keep her on the list because we came up with this together and the ideas are hers as well as mine so. Yeah… did you miss me?
-Neche