Mystery Boy

Late To Class

"Time to get up," I voice called as the lights were flicked on over head, illuminating the room around me. I groaned and opened my eyes, seeing the smooth skin of Jacky's cheek. I rolled over and looked up, seeing Ronnie's father standing in the door way.

"Morning," I whispered, my voice weighed down with sleep. I sat up and ran my fingers through my hair, groaning as I realized that the sun wasn't really even up yet. I looked down to Jacky as he slept, his hair messily falling around his face. I wiped my eyes and then turned to look up to Ronnie who was sprawled out in his bed, his face squished into his pillow. I bit my lip and stood up, stretching my muscles as I did so.

"It's six thirty," Russel told me with a smile, "School starts at 9:15. I figured you'd want to be up so that you could run home to get ready."

I smiled and nodded. "Thank you," I smiled, "Can you tell Ronnie thanks for me too?" I asked as I slipped into my shoes and grabbed my things.

"Sure thing," Russel told me with a smile.

"Oh, and that he should be outside at 8:30 if he wants a ride to school."

Russel nodded as I hugged him goodbye, rubbed Charming, and then hurried out of their house. I crossed the yard and went into my house, frowning when I noticed that the door was unlocked. I walked in and rubbed my eyes sleepily. I crossed the living room and as I entered the hallway, I heard the toilet flush in the bathroom.

The door opened and Ina walked out. She froze when she saw me and then wiped at her mouth, causing me to frown. "What's wrong?" I questioned, tilting my head to the side.

Ina shook her head. "Nothing, sorry, You just startled me."

"I'm sorry," I replied, folding my arms over my chest, "I just came back so I could take a shower before the boys get up."

Ina nodded once. "Okay, well, I'll be getting Taite up soon so you should get in there."

I nodded too, "Okay." I turned and walked into the bedroom that Decklan and I shared. The brunette boy was fast asleep, light snores coming from him. I sighed and went to the closet, pulling out a few pairs of clothes that might be nice enough to wear to school. I sifted through my closest for another ten minutes, attempting to find something suitable to wear, something nice but not too nice.

I finally picked out a pair of shredded blue jeans and a white Woe Is Me t'shirt. I carried my things into the bathroom and stripped down. I took a long shower, loving the fact that I actually had time to myself. Every time I set foot in this house I started feeling trapped, like I couldn't get away. My house at home was five bedrooms, seven bathrooms, with an in-ground pool and tennis courts. Now I was staying in a three bedroom house with six people, most of them I'd hardly known for two days.

And starting today was my first day ever at a public school, something I had heard hideous rumors about through out my entire childhood. Although, the worst thing had to be being kept away from anyone that I really knew. Even my own father had things he'd never told me. I didn't know anything about the woman he was claiming to want to marry, or her sons, their son.

I grabbed my clothes, a towel from the hall closet, and went into the bathroom, making sure that I locked the door and double checked. I slipped out of my clothes and started the water. I made sure it was scalding hot before I stepped under it. I hissed as the hot water burned my skin, washing away all my doubts and fears for the day ahead of me.

I took my own sweet time washing up and conditioning my hair. It wasn't until someone was banging on the door, shouting out to me that they needed to pee that I hurried up. I wrapped my hair up in a towel, slipped into my clothes, brushed my teeth quickly, and exited the bathroom, glaring at Decklan as I walked past.

He held his hands up in defense and then slid past me, shutting the door loudly behind me. I did the same with the bedroom door before flicking the lock. I stood with my back against the door and closed my eyes. I took a deep breath, held it, and then exhaled. I went over and sat on the floor at the end of my bed, crossing my legs as I plugged in my hair drier that I had pulled out of the bottom drawer of my dresser. In front of me was a mirror that I had Dad hang up for me so that I would have some place to get ready in the morning.

It took a little while but I finally got my hair completely dry. It swirled slightly and framed my face perfectly. I smiled and then reached into the bottom door again for my makeup bag. I yanked it out and set in on the floor next to me. I rifled through it and pulled out concealer, powder, eyeliner, mascara, and eye shadow that had little sparkles in it.

I did my makeup quickly and then stood up to unlock the bedroom door. I went over to my closet and reached to grab my bag from the top of the dresser. It was blue and purple. All my stuff was already inside of it. I grabbed my phone and shoved it into the small zipper pocket that was on the inside. I checked for my keys and when I found them I shoved them into the front pocket of my jeans. I wandered out into the kitchen, checking the time on the clock in the hallway. 8:15 it said. I went into the kitchen and frowned when no one was in there.

I listened for a minute and heard voices coming from Taite and Easton's room. I sighed and rifled through the cupboards. I found an unopened box of chocolate Pop Tarts and grabbed three bags in case Ronnie and Jacky hadn't eaten either. I sat down at the table and ripped open my bag. I broke one in half and took a bite out of the middle of it.

I ate them slowly, remembering the breakfasts would used to have. Mom, Dad, and I sitting around the table. There were pancakes and fruit, and orange juice and coffee. They would wish me well and give me money for food at lunch. When I was younger Dad would drive me to school.

I finished my breakfast when my Dad and Easton emerged from the hallway. I ignored my Dad but said hello to East. Dad sighed and called my name. I pretended like I didn't hear him. "I'm leaving," I told Easton, "Did Decklan mention if he wants a ride or not?"

"He gets a ride from his friend Avery," East told me with a shrug, "So I guess not."

I nodded once and grabbed my bag from the floor. I pulled it onto my shoulder and marched out of the house. I went to my car and unlocked it, sticking my bag on the backseat. I slid into the front seat and smiled as I turned the car on. I loved the feeling of the white leather seats under me. I ran my hand over the steering wheel, then the dash, and then I let my fingers trickle down and land on the radio. I fiddled with the buttons until I was on the station I wanted. I rolled down all four of the windows and let the ghost of a smile take over my lips.

I looked up as Ronnie's front door opened and he, Riley, and Jacky came stumbling out, similar black bags in their arms. "Hey boys," I greeted with a grin as they pulled the passenger's door open and Jacky and Riley climbed into the back seat.

"Hey, did you go home last night?" Ronnie asked in a confused way as he buckled his seatbelt.

I shook my head, "Jacky and I camped out on your floor."

"Ah," Ronnie acknowledged.

"Oo la la," Riley joked, nudging Jacky in the side with his elbow.

I glared at Riley and reached back to smack him, then backed out a the driveway as another car pulled up behind me. In the front seat were two guys who I assumed were Decklan's friends. One who was driving had blonde shaggy hair. He looked at me with confusion as he pulled into the driveway. The second boy had shorter hair that was black. He seemed a little more occupied with the car than the people in it.

I revved the engine as I tore down the road, leaving the boys and my 'family' behind. I listen to Ronnie as he directed the way to Arbor View and when we pulled up out front my jaw dropped. It was a large white building that had a lot of windows. There were kids all over the campus. I drove into the parking lot and searched for an empty space. I sighed when I noticed that all the cars had the same sticker. It was the school logo sticker on the front window of each car.

I parked and told the boys to remind me to ask about one of those when they walked to me to the office. Something I already told them that they had to do, not including Ronnie's younger brother. Both of them started cracking jokes about my 'new' friends and that they could help me find the office.

I smacked his arm as Jacky laughed in the back seat. I scoffed at them and reached back to grab my bag. I pushed the door open and got out, slamming it closed. When Ronnie pushed his door open I hit the lock button and smiled as the car beeped, stealing the attention of some of the kids around us.

As Ronnie, Jacky, Riley, and I started walking towards the front of the school I noticed that people were glancing at us. "Why are people staring?" I asked Ronnie as I walked in between the two of them, Riley having already taken off to his own group of friends.

Ronnie chuckled as Jacky shrugged. "We might have a bit of a reputation."

"What's that supposed to mean!?" I asked loudly, grabbing onto his arm.

"Nothing!" Ronnie laughed, "It's just that we usually don't make friends with pretty blonde rich girls."

I stuck my tongue out at him, "Well this pretty blonde rich girl doesn't usually make friends with raggedy brunette broke boys."

Ronnie chuckled again but Jacky was silent. I tried to ignore the looks I was getting from people around me as Ronnie and Jacky led me through the dingy halls to the Student Services office. I walked in and looked around at the large room. There were two large round desks where two ladies sat behind them. They looked up to me and smiled brightly. I watched their eyes as they both glanced behind me where the boys stood. They looked at me nervously and then one woman wheeled her chair over to us closer.

"How can I help you, darling?" she asked, grabbing the pen that was tucked behind her ear.

"I need to get my schedule and my gym clothes, I think," I replied, resting my hands flat out on the desk and offering her a smile.

"What's your name?"

"Airea Tollefson."

The woman typed a few things, her nails clicking against the keyboard. She hummed to herself and then after a minute the printer started to make noise. I sighed and thanked her as she handed it to me.

"You can get your gym clothes in the gym office. I'm sure you'll find someone who can show you there before that hour."

I nodded and looked over my schedule. I frowned, "Ma'am, there has to be some kind of mistake, I have all honors classes."

The ma'am grabbed the paper from me and typed a few more things into the computer. "You went to a private school in New York before here? Westlake, it was called?"

I nodded, "Yes ma'am."

She handed me back the same piece of paper. "Then there is no mistake. Westlake is a step ahead of our curricular. If you were in regular classes then you would be able to fly right past this."

I nodded once. "Okay then, thank you."

I turned back around and shrugged to Ronnie and Jacky. Ronnie slung his arm over my shoulder and used his other hand to snag my schedule out of my pocket. "Fifth lunch, sweet," he grinned down at me, "The guys and I somehow all weaseled our way into the same lunch. Glad to know you'll be joining us."

I smiled and glanced to the floor. "Other than that," Ronnie pouted, "We don't have any other classes together." He handed the sheet of paper over to Jacky. I watched as the slender boy glanced over it and then shook his head. I sighed.

"That sucks," I whined.

Ronnie chuckled and nodded. "You've got english first hour," Ronnie told me, "Honors," he added with a cheeky grin. I shoved him away from me and then squeaked when Ronnie bumped into another guy. The guy glared at me and I ducked behind Jacky.

"Is he going to shoot me?" I asked Jacky in a whisper, my heart beating incredibly fast.

That caused Jacky and Ronnie to laugh loudly. "No Air, you're not going to die today."

I thanked Ronnie and grabbed my schedule from him. "Mr. Dunoir," I said to myself, thinking about the teacher that I would be meeting in just minutes. The halls were getting backed and I was constantly bumping into people. When Ronnie and Jacky stopped outside of a class room that kids were piling into, I sighed and glanced at the students that were walking in.

They were glancing at me too. Well, me and the boys. I don't think that Ronnie and Jacky had ever walked a girl to a honors class before or maybe they'd never walked a girl to a class before ever. I hugged Ronnie goodbye as a bell rang, he told me that it was only the one-minute bell and that he and Jacky didn't mind being late.

Then I turned to Jacky as Ronnie began walking off to his class. "I should go," I said, "Thank you for walking me over here."

Jacky ducked his head down and nodded. "I'll be here after class," Jacky told me.

I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck. I had to stand on the tips of my toes so that I could hold onto him tightly. I felt his slender arms wrap around my waist and he buried his face in my hair. "See you after class," I grinned as I turned around and walked into the class room, ignoring the looks from a couple people who walked in behind me.

I looked around the room for the teacher. I noticed a middle aged man standing in the front of the room. I walked up to him and smiled as he turned around to face me. "Airea Tollefson?" he questioned, obviously knowing that I was a knew kid.

"Yes sir," I replied.

"Why don't you have a seat in the back row on the far left?"

I nodded, "Okay. Thank you." I turned and walked over to the desk and chair set. I set my bag down on the floor and took my seat. There were students standing in little clumps, chattering as they waited for the teacher to call them to attention. I looked up to meet the brown eyes of a brunette girl as she walked over to me.

"You must be new," she said while smiling, showing off her perfectly white teeth, "I'm Chelsea Hormig. You are?"

I bit my lip and stood up. I tucked a piece of my wavy blonde hair behind my ear and offered a timid smile. "I'm Airea Tollefson."

The brunette looked me over once and then smiled. "Did you just move into the new house on Florence street? The one with the pool? I live right down the street. My family had the bouncy house on Saturday."

I was surprised, "No no," I said, "I moved in with my father."

"Ohh," Chelsea said, "Where does he live?"

I shrugged, "I'm not really sure if it has a name..." I trailed off, watching as she folded her arms over her chests. "Well, you should really find out. In the meantime, you should sit with us at lunch."

I stumbled over my wording, picturing the two men in skin-tight jeans and band shirts that had already taken me in as one of their own. "I can't," I said cautiously, "Someone already invited me to sit with them. And plus," I added, "We might not even have the same lunch."

Chelsea seemed to ignore the first part. "We can fix that."

I shook my head, my hair falling out of place for a minute. I pushed the strands back into their spots and replied, "No really. I already have plans."

Chelsea seemed to hear me and she cocked her hip and put her hand there. "Who who?" she asked quickly. She was incredibly intimidating when she wanted to be.

"I doubt you know them," I said, not wanting to tell her for some reason.

Chelsea blinked at me and folded her arms over her chest again. I glanced behind her as a similar looking boy walked up. "Chels are you already messing with the new girl?"

"Charlie, just mind your own business," she replied, waving her hand in the air.

The boy, Charlie, chuckled. "I'm Charlie Hormig."

"Airea Tollefson."

He grinned, his teeth white and his smile wide. I was a little shocked at how welcoming this boy was when Chelsea wasn't. I sat down as the teacher finally called the class to attention. People filled in their seats

"Welcome back Class, I'd ask about your weekends but honestly, I don't really care," the teacher started, causing a few students to chuckle. He handed out books and assigned homework. He said that we'd be starting a project in the near future so we should read the books and fill out the question packet that went along with it.

At the end of class I took an extra second to exit the room and when I did Jacky was standing in the hallway, leaning against the wall across from the classroom door. I grinned at him. "No Ronnie?" I questioned, wondering what that boy had gotten himself into.

Jacky shook his head and reached for my bag. I cooed mentally and let him take it from me. I told him that my next class was Trigonometry and the room number. We walked silently through the hallway. When we passed Riley and his group of friends Jacky grabbed my hand in his and I smiled at him, feeling bats explode in my stomach.

It was a quick walk to my next class and I thanked Jacky with a hug. When I went to pull away from him and go into my classroom his arms held me against him like a vice. I looked up to him with confusion in my eyes, wondering what was wrong.

He shook his head as an apology and let his arms slither away from me. I shivered and grabbed his hand. I turned and bumped into a girl. I apologized quickly and pulled Jacky down the hallway.

"What-?" he questioned as I yanked him away.

I pulled him into the girls bathroom that we had passed while walking. Luckily there wasn't anyone in there. I pushed the door shut and flipped the lock. Jacky was staring down at me with confusion in his eyes. "Jacky," I sighed looking up to his incredibly blue eyes, "I need to know something."

Jacky furrowed his eyebrows and nodded.

I sighed and felt my palms sweating. I wiped them on my jeans and then cupped Jacky's face. I stood on the tips of my toes, my knees shaking, and I pressed my lips against his. I could tell that he was shocked but then after a second he kissed me back, his hands going to my hips and holding me up so that I didn't have to stretch too much.

Then we pulled away and Jacky nodded slowly and all of a sudden I knew that was his own way of telling me that he liked me back. So I kissed him again, not caring if I was late to class.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! I worked extra hard on this! Just got my internet up and running again! Hope you liked it! Please comment! :)