Mystery Boy

Flawless.

I hugged Kelley tight to me, my arms wrapped around her shoulders as she held onto me the same way. I wasn't leaving the city until tomorrow, but her school schedule was getting in the way of the two of us spending any more time together.

"I don't want you to go," Kelley whined, as the two of finally pulled apart.

I frowned. "I'm sorry," I told her, "I don't really know what to say."

Kelley punched my shoulder, earning a warning from her parents who stood behind us in the foyer of their house.

I rubbed my arm and glared at her. "What was that for?" I questioned, taking a small step away from her.

"For leaving," she stated, crossing her arms over her chest like an upset child.

I rolled my eyes. "Fine," I stated, "be mad at me. But don't expect me to bring you anymore presents next time I come." I turned to the leave the house, knowing she'd crack and give up the facade of anger that she was trying to portray.

"Okay, wait," she said when I grabbed for the door handle.

I smiled and turned around to face her, more smirking than anything else. "Yeah?" I asked, appearing to be disinterested in what she had to say.

"I'll text you, okay?" she asked, smiling.

I nodded and hugged her one last time. When we pulled apart I hugged her mom and then said my goodbyes, knowing that it was already around two and that I should've been home an hour ago.

When I pulled into the driveway of my mom's, my aunts car was there and I smiled as Kara peaked through the front window of the house at me.

"Hey, sorry I'm late," I greeted as I walked into the living room, my mom and my aunt sister together much they had the day before.

"You're really late," my mom noted, "Over an hour."

I nodded and plopped down onto the edge of the couch. "Yeah, I'm sorry. It was really hard saying goodbye to Kelley again."

My mom sighed and nodded. "It's all right. I know you miss her."

"Yeah," I agreed, glad that she wasn't angry with me. "I'm going to go take a shower." I turned to head up the stairs.

"Air, wait."

I frowned and looked back to my mom. "What's going on?" I questioned, seeing the look on her face and on Aunt Haliegh's, who was holding Will in her arms.

"Your dad called a little bit ago," Mom said, meeting my gaze, "He asked if we'd made plans to go to London already."

"Why does he care?" I questioned, perching on the end of the couch, confused and worried all in one.

Mom sighed and pushed her hair behind her shoulders. "Well," she started, "he told me about your attitude towards this boy."

I leaned back against the couch, folding my arms over my chest. "What attitude?" I asked, wondering what he could've possible told her to make her start referring to him as 'this boy'.

"He brought back to my attention that you ran away and stayed in his room with him when you barely knew him," she stated, pursing her lips.

I shook my head. "I already told you that," I said, "It was a long time ago."

"Yes, but you left out the part where you tried to sleep with him."

I rolled my eyes. "We didn't do anything," I scoffed, "he didn't want to."

This time it was my aunt who spoke, leaning forward towards me. "Airea, your parents are worried that you're moving to fast with this boy."

I shook my head quickly. "We haven't even done anything, you guys. Honestly, if you're worried about him, he's a better person than I am. He's the one who wanted to wait."

"It doesn't matter," Mom stated, "you're getting too infatuated with him. He's all you talk about."

"Because he's the only good thing I have going for me!" I exclaimed, "Why don't you understand that? Plus, you're the ones who kept talking about him! You were asking me question after question about him!" I pushed my hair out of my face angry and crossed my arms again, glaring at the two adult women who looked at me like I didn't know what I was saying.

"Your father and I don't think you should see him anymore."

Those were the words I was worried she'd say. Those were the words that had me losing my breath, unable to think or say anything at all. I just shook my head slowly and looked at her blankly.

"Airea, you're sixteen. There will be other boys. Boys better suited to you."

"He's perfect," I replied, finding my words.

"Oh, Honey, no one's perfect. That's why we're so worried about you," my aunt replied, "If you think he's flawless then you'll let him have his way with you." She set Will on his feet and the toddler wobbled towards me.

"But he's not like that," I replied, "He's a gentleman. He doesn't want to do anything bad to me."

"It doesn't have to be bad things, Air," Mom spoke, "But you're going to give too much up to him."

My blue eyes stared into the eyes of my mom. One talk with my father had her changing her entire mind about a boy she'd never met. "No," I stated, "You have to meet him before you can make any judgements about him."

"Airea, how am I supposed to meet him? He lives in Las Vegas."

"Come back with me," I demanded, "You'll see. He's the best thing that ever happened to me."

"Honey," Aunt Haliegh replied, "You can't let a boy be that important to you. You're just a teenager."

"Uncle Travis means everything to you!" I defended, "Why's it any different with me and Jacky?" I pulled my knees up to my chest and tried to control the panic that was settling in my chest.

"We're grown adults, Airea."

"Mom," I pleaded, turning my attention to hers, "You and dad were young!"

My mom looked down to her folded hands. "And look how that turned out, Honey."

"That's just because Andy died!" I shouted, "Dad didn't love you anymore because you couldn't have his baby!"

"Airea!" my aunt shouted in a mixture of surprise and disgust.

"Well it's true!" I defended, "They ruined all of our lives because of Andy and now that I've finally found someone that cares about me they want to take him away from me!'

My mother had been silent since the cruel words left my mouth. But now she looked up at me and nodded. "You're right," she spoke softly, "You father and I let our marriage fall to pieces after your brother died."

"And instead of being honest with each other you cheated on each other," I continued, "And you ruined everything."

Mom nodded, folding her arms over her stomach. She quieted her sister when Aunt Haliegh tried to intervene. "We're sorry, Airea. We didn't think about you. Your dad and I were selfish. Entirely."

"You can't take Jacky," I demanded, "You can't have him. He and the guys are all I have left and if you and Dad keep him away from me I'll lose the guys, too." I shook my head at the thought, unable to imagine spending my days without them.

"You have to promise me," Mom said, making me look at her, "That whatever you do with Jacky is what you both want. It has to be a decision that you and him make together. Take time to think about it, Airea, because you don't want to regret the time you spend with him."

"I haven't yet."

"Good." Mom nodded her head, her eyes sad, "I'll talk to your father."
♠ ♠ ♠
(:
The funny thing is, this story has more subscribers than my Ronnie story, Who We Are, yet now that I'm updating again it's not getting as much love.
Can we change that?