Mystery Boy

Presents from NY

Life wasn't meant to be easy, this was something I had recently learned. But I also knew that life wasn't supposed to be something you sought refuge from. When I walked in the front door of my house after grabbing my bag from the car, I glared at Decklan, who was sprawled out on the couch with Avery.

"So it's true." He smirked. "Princess Airea is home."

I rolled my eyes. "I would hardly call this home."

"Too shabby for her royal highness?"

"If only it wasn't infested with assholes," I replied, shoving his shoe clad feet off of the arm of the couch, causing him to scowl at me.

I headed into my room and dumped my bag on my bed. Tomorrow was a school day, so I was running out of free time to spend with the guys. I kicked the door shut and turned the lock before I climbed out of my clothes and into a fresh pair of jeans and pulled my brand new hoodie over my torso, not even bothering with a shirt.

I rummaged through my bag until I found the two shirts that I'd gotten for the boys. I folded them both up nicely and stuck them back in the small plastic bag. I looked up as my dad called through the door.

"Air, let me in. We need to talk," he spoke, his words slow and deliberate.

I didn't want to, but I set the small black bag down on my bed and went over to pull the door open. "What do you want, Dad?" I questioned, letting my hands drop to my sides as I tried not to cross them in anger.

Dad took one look at me, sighed and then ran a hand through his growing curls. "Air, I don't want you to be mad at me because I was expressing my concern," he said softly, "I just want to make sure that you're not making a huge mistake with Jacky."

"Well, you don't get to pick who I date and you don't get to pick when I'm angry about something, either." I stared at him, not right into his eyes, but just at him, wishing that maybe he'd try and understand why I was so angry and so tired.

"Airea, please," he moaned, lifting a hand to his forehead as if trying to remedy a headache.

"What?" I asked, "What do you want me to do?" I fiddled with the ends of the sleeves of my hoodie angrily and bit my lip, trying to keep my mouth closed.

"I want you to try and understand," he spoke softly, his hand still on his face. "I want you to try and be a part of this family. We're not as horrible as you think we are."

I let out the breath that I'd been holding in. "I can't," I said just as quietly, wishing I wouldn't have said anything at all. I tried to turn around but I felt his fingers clasp around my wrist.

"Why not?" he asked, holding me in place with a simple, determined look.

"Because, Dad!" I exclaimed, pulling my wrist away from him as I threw my hands into the air, exasperated. "Because I'm stuck in this place living a whole new life! One I didn't even want in the first place, and you're not trying to understand any of how I'm feeling, you're just shoving your rules and words down my throat. Well, I'm sorry but I'm not doing it anymore. I'm not letting you tell me that I can't be with Jacky, because before we were together, you liked him." I growled in frustration and balled my hands into fists that hung at my side. I had no way of not being angry. There was no where for me to go. Even with with Ronnie and Jacky next door, I was stuck here, barely breathing and wishing, again, that everything would change.

I wished that I could've gone to London with Jacky so I could've figured out if I loved him. I wished that he hadn't said it, although I'm glad I heard it. There were a lot of things I wished, but none of them were simple or had solutions that would rectify the situations.

"I'm going to Ronnie's," I said in the absence of my father's voice, "I just need to be away from here. I'll be home late."

Dad didn't try to stop me or even bother to remind me of school the next morning. I was shedding all his words and rules and I was going to do everything I wanted, not that he'd ever managed to stop be before, even with the angry words and threats that left his lips. I tromped across the yard again, their gifts in my hands, and let myself in.

"You better show me what you got those boys!" Russell called after me, laughing as I waved my hand over my shoulder and rushed to Ronnie's room before he could stop me and ruin their surprise.

"Open up," I demanded, turning the locked door handle, "I came bearing gifts!"

The door opened quickly and Ronnie stood on the other side, a charming grin on his face as if he was trying to be on his best behavior. "What'd you get us?" he questioned, pushing the door open wide so that I could follow him in.

I looked around the room and frowned, my thoughts somewhere else entirely. "Riley and Charming aren't back, yet?" I questioned, turning around so I could head back out to the living room to make sure I hadn't missed them.

Ronnie shrugged his shoulders and pushed me back towards the bed. "He probably stopped at a friend's house or something, Air. Relax." He tossed himself down on the small bed and grinned at me, "So, what'd you buy us in New York?"

I rolled my eyes and tossed them the shirts I'd gotten them. "You only love me for my presents."

Jacky smiled at the Nightmare Before Christmas shirt that'd landed in his lap. He held it up to his chest and looked it over, nodding happily and leaning forward to press his lips against mind in appreciation. I grinned into the kiss and locked my arms around his neck, almost causing him to topple out of the desk chair that he was sitting in.

"Hey, come on now," Ronnie whined, "In my room can we please limit the amount of P.D.A that you guys have?"

I sighed and pulled away from Ronnie. "Fine." I crossed my arms. "But you better tell me that you like your shirt or else."

Ronnie laughed and nodded his head. He traced the rubber of the letters on the back. "The names are a nice touch," he complimented, "Now everyone is going to know who I am at school."

"Like they don't already," I scoffed.

"Hey," Ronnie defended, slipping his shirt off and pulling the new one on quickly, "I'm famous."

Jacky and I caught each other's gaze and laughed. "Infamous, more like it," Jacky chimed, dodging a hard jab from Ronnie.

Ronnie smoothed down his shirt and then looked between Jacky and I, his eyes jumping from me to him, and then back to me. When he smirked, I knew he had an idea. I starting shaking my head immediately.

"Oh, no," I stated, "No, no, no, no, no."

"Oh, come on, Airea!" Ronnie bellowed, "You don't even know what I'm going to say!"

"Something stupid," I replied, causing Jacky to chuckle, "That's what. And I'll have to part of it. I just got back into the town and I'd like to relax before you start in on being yourself." I leaned back against Ronnie's wall and crossed my arms over my chest, watching as he frowned and narrowed his eyes at me.

"What's that supposed to mean?" he questioned, unsure if he should be offended or not by what I said.

I kicked his leg. "It means you're insane and I'd like you better for awhile if you'd just act like a civilized adult. Not the man-child that you are."

Ronnie scoffed and rolled his eyes. I have him a look which caused him to glare and drop his hands to his sides, determined not to prove me right. Then after a moment of silence, Ronnie groaned loudly and climbed up from the bed so that he could stand in front of us like a business man proposing an idea.

"Come on, you two," he started, "Just this once can't you two have a little fun? T.J was thinking about having another party tonight and I really want to go! It'd be fun, I promise," he said quickly, stumbling over his words so that he could get it all out before I shot him down.

I shook my head. "I'm not going, Ronnie," I told him, "Just because she dropped out of school doesn't mean I'm going to."

Ronnie frowned at me and then turned to Jacky to see if he'd go with him. Jacky glanced at me and frowned, too, unable to make up his mind.

"Jacky, come on, man," Ronnie whined, clambering back down on his bed. He laid on his stomach with his legs strewn casually across my lap. "I'm your best friend, Jacky, doesn't that mean anything?"

Jacky smiled and then shrugged his shoulders. Ronnie glared at him and then at me. "You're stealing my best friend," Ronnie grumbled, although he didn't really mean it.

"I'm sorry," I replied, chuckling, "But he just loves me more."

Ronnie shook his head and sat up, withdrawing his legs from me so that he could cross them. "The only reason he likes you better is because he can have sex with you."

My jaw dropped as Jacky reached over and punched Ronnie's shoulder. Ronnie laughed and held up his hands in defense. "That came out wrong," he promised, still laughing, "I mean, he likes you for you, but he likes you better than me because you're his girlfriend."

I glared at Ronnie and crossed my arms over my chest. "You're an asshole," I grumbled, "Don't talk to me anymore tonight. Go to your stupid party."

Ronnie was still laughing as he tried to console me. "Aw, Air," he murmured, "I really didn't mean it that way. I meant it in the literal sense of the way. He's attracted to you and not me, so that gives you the upper-hand."

Jacky sat back in his chair, grinning faintly at all the talk of us having sex. I glared at him over Ronnie's shoulder and he just shrugged, his smile widening. I rolled my eyes and pressed my back against the wall, hoping that I could just disappear through it.

Ronnie stood up and held his hands out. "Are neither of you coming with me?" he asked.

I glared in reply.

Jacky laughed and shook his head. He motioned to me.

"Fine," Ronnie grumbled, "I'll see you two later." Ronnie walked out of the room and then out of the house, leaving Jacky and I sitting in his room, chuckling because we didn't know how he was going to get from this side of town to that one.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guy(:
I was going to make this a little longer for you, but my sister wants to go out and to the story, which means I have to get ready and drive her to get school stuff. So, I figured I'd post what I have for you. (:

Also, this story will be ending a few more chapters and I've been thinking of ideas for a new story. I wrote a blog about it: xxxx and I was hoping you guys would comment and tell me which ones you'd like to read.

So, go read the blog and leave a comment telling me which one you'd like!