Mystery Boy

Realization

The next moment was surreal. Jacky and I slept in his bed with our arms wrapped around each other. Jacky woke up first to the sound of his father screaming from the bottom of the stairs.

Jacky quickly pulled his boxers on under the blanket and pulled the sheets up around my shoulders to shield my skin from view of his father.

Mr. Vincent screamed loudly, slewing curse words from his lips as he charged toward Jacky who tried to shove him away. I reached for my underwear and a pair of shorts that laid at the top of the bed with one of Jacky's discarded shirts.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" Jacky's dad shouted in his face, looking back at me as I slipped Jacky's clothes onto my body. "Huh, Jacky?" his father screamed, "You think you're mature enough to have sex in my house?"

Jacky looked at me and in his eyes I saw an emotion that I knew he'd have hidden from me if he had the chance. Jacky shook his head quickly and tried to speak but he got nowhere as his dad shouted again.

"What happens if you fucking get her pregnant? You sure as hell aren't bringing no baby into my house!" He reached out and shoved Jacky's shoulders, causing the slender boy to stumble back into the wall under the window that I'd used to sneak in quite a few times.

Jacky had barely straightened himself out when his dad's fist collided with his eye and he went flailing back towards the wall again.

"Jacky!" I screamed as I clambered out of his bed and raced over to him, placing myself between Jacky and his dad. "Are you okay?" I asked, my breathing hiked as I crouched down next to him and tried to pull his hand away from his eye.

Jacky's dad cackled behind me and I looked over my shoulder at him, nervously. He licked his lips and left a smirk there when his tongue had darted back into his mouth. "You're Tom's girl," he stated, his voice unwelcoming.

I nodded slowly.

"You had sex with my son," he stated, shaking his head, "You actually think that you two will last more than a couple of months." He laughed again and turned his gaze to Jacky as he stood up and pushed me behind him.

"And you think the same thing," his dad stated, his eyes squinted at us.

"Stop it," Jacky demanded, his hand finding mine and his fingers lacing between mine.

"Don't tell me what to do!" Jacky's dad roared, stepping towards us.

I flinched behind Jacky and gripped onto his hand tighter, frightened that his dad was going to lash out at him again. Jacky turned his head to the right so that he was looking away from his father and me both. His lips were touching my forehead and he whispered, "I'm sorry."

I shook my head and grabbed his other hand. I pressed my lips against his shoulder and listened to his dad laugh from just feet away from us.

"This does it, boy," his dad laughed sarcastically, "Better start packing because you're gone. Your fucking worthless mother can deal with you now, because I'm done with your dumbass."

The word 'gone' stuck out to me and I realized that this wasn't the first time he'd said that to Jacky and as he continued my thoughts connected the pieces and I realized that this was the problem Jacky talked to Ronnie about earlier.

Jacky's dad surged towards us and let his fist fly through the air. Jacky turned around quickly and wrapped his arms around my head, shielding me with his body. Jacky pressed into me tightly as his father's fist connected with the back of his head. Then, Mr. Vincent was gone, stumbling up the stairs, drunk with anger.

When the door slammed upstairs, Jacky pulled away from me and backed up until he sat down onto his bed, blinking continuously.

Tears formed in my eyes automatically and I crouched down in front of him with my hands on his knees. "Look at me," I demanded, trying to keep the quiver out of my voice, "Please, Jacky, look at me so I know you're okay."

Jacky looked up to me slowly, his light eyes meeting mine. A sob left my throat and I jumped forward to wrap my arms around his neck.

"You're leaving," I sobbed, my body in between his knees and his arms around my waist tightly. "He's sending you away."

Jacky was quiet but his tattooed arms tightened around my body. I was dead weight on top of him, unable to stop the tears from flowing down my cheeks and onto his bare shoulder.

"It's all my fault," I wailed, "This was my idea and now he's sending you away." I pressed my nose into his neck and took a deep breath.

"No, no," Jacky murmured, his hands going to my hips so he could push me away from him so that I'd have no choice but to look him in the eyes. "This is not your fault," he told me softly, shaking his head. "My dad... he would've found another reason." Then he smiled and cupped my face. "I'm still happy about us."

I sighed and hugged him again. I didn't know if his dad was completely serious about sending to live with his mom in London, but I hoped he wasn't and then I felt selfish for wanting Jacky to stay in such an abusive place just so I could be near him.

"Will you really have to go?" I asked quietly as Jacky and I walked hand in hand down the street towards my house. We were dressed down, and Jacky had showered, but the black-eye he was sporting wouldn't let me forget the encounter with his dad and the words that had come out of Mr. Vincent's mouth.

Jacky frowned and shrugged his shoulder, but the look on his face told me that he probably was leaving me. We stopped in my front yard and I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I don't want you to do," I whispered in his ear, "If you go I don't know what I'll do."

Jacky kissed my jaw and then pulled back to smile at me. "Don't worry," he murmured, leaning down to look me directly in the eye.

I laughed, although I wasn't in the mood, and kissed him. "I love you," I whispered. I waited another minute for him to say it back and then I headed towards the front door, knowing he wouldn't leave until I was out of sight. And if he didn't leave, his dad would be more angry since he'd told him that he'd only had thirty seconds to take me home.

I walked in the house and passed Decklan, who made some stupid joke at my expense. I flipped him off and then listened to my dad shout at me from the couch next to him.

I stopped and turned to face him.

Dad glanced at me and asked, "Are you okay?" It didn't matter that he'd been mad at me only earlier in the day. The tears in my eyes erased all his anger.

I shook my head and took a deep breath. "I had sex with Jacky," I muttered, not meeting his gaze, "And now his dad is sending him to live in London."

I didn't know which part shocked my dad the most but the way his eyes bulged out of his head caused my own eyes to widen as I came back to reality.

Dad didn't speak, so I figured I might as well get it all off my chest. "And," I added softly, "If he leaves, I'm going to live with mom."

I didn't add that I wouldn't be able to handle the smirks and righteous looks that Dad and Ina would be sending my way after Jacky was gone. I just repeated myself and then turned and headed into the bedroom that I shared with Decklan, still disbelieving that all this had happened in the span of just a few hours.
♠ ♠ ♠
This story is almost over!
I hope you guys will comment and tell me what you're thinking. (: