Mystery Boy

Confirmed.

Jacky had reassured me that his dad was just throwing empty threats into the air. But the next day at school, Jacky's gaze wouldn't meet mine and I was certain it wasn't just because he was being shy about what had happened between us.

At lunch, I grabbed his arm and pulled him away from the rest of the guys, tears already forming in my eyes. "Is it really happening?" I asked quickly, my eyes finding his, "Is he really sending you to live with your mom?"

Jacky frowned and looked away from my eyes.

The air left my lungs as the first tear hit my cheek. "This can't be happening," I said as I wiped the moisture away. "You have to talk to him," I demanded, "Beg him to understand."

Jacky stepped closer to me and shook his head. He tried to wrap my arms around me, but I pushed him back roughly.

"What do you mean 'no'?" I shouted, "You're just going to leave? I thought this meant something to you? I thought I meant something to you?" The tears fell freely now and I felt like I couldn't breath. Jacky stepped towards me again and tried to wrap his arms around my shoulders, to comfort me. But I wasn't having it.

"Stop it," I demanded harshly, "Just stop. I get it." I looked up to his eyes and the sadness in his ocean eyes didn't help my breaking heart. "You don't want me anymore," I whispered, crying now.

"No, Airea," Jacky murmured quickly, reaching for my arm.

"Stop!" I shouted, yanking myself away from him, "Just leave me alone! Go to London. I don't care!" I shoved my hands in the pocket of my hoodie and ran away from him, tears still falling my from my eyes as I left him behind me.

"Air, what's wrong?" Ronnie asked as I hurried back to the stairs and grabbed my back pack.

I sniffled and slung my bag over my shoulder. "Jacky's going back to London." I wiped at my eyes. "And this time, he's not coming back."

"What are you talking about?" Ronnie asked, climbing to his feet, "Jacky just got back. He's not going any where."

I looked him dead in his dark eyes and shook my head. "That's where you're wrong." I sniffled again and took off down the hall, not caring if I got yelled at for running. Ronnie called after me loudly and then I heard him call out of Jacky. I couldn't bare to look over my shoulder as Jacky watched me go.

I sat through the rest of my classes in a daze, going over it again and again in my head. My thoughts trying to work out some way to survive this place without Jacky in it. In every equation, there was always the same ending: I couldn't.

I drove home without them after school. Ronnie and Jacky weren't outside when I finally got home, and I wondered if maybe they'd gone to Ryan or Ron's just to be away from me.

I hurried through the front door and slammed it behind me, causing Ina to look up to me with a start. "Airea," she stated, getting up from the couch, her hand on her stomach, "What's wrong?" she questioned.

"It's official," I laughed without humor, "Jacky's being sent to London because of me."

Ina didn't know what to say. She reached out towards me and then withdrew her hand when I stared at her flesh with detest. "I'm... sorry," she said finally.

I shook my head, tears welling in my eyes. "No you're not," I stated, "This is perfect, right? Airea's finally unhappy again and hates it here so much that she's going to live with her mom. Now you can finally have the daughter you've always wanted and she can take my place." I wiped my tears away forcefully and headed towards the room. I turned back to her when I reached the opening of the hallway. "Oh, and you can have my dad," I growled, "I don't want him anymore."

I went into the bedroom and slammed the door. I dropped my bag down in front of it and fell down on my bed, tears falling from my eyes as I pushed my face into my pillow so that Ina wouldn't hear me.

Everything was quiet in the house. Even when it passed the time for my dad to be home with Easton and Taite, there were barely any noises in the house. I was sure that Ina had told my dad exactly what happened, but as I forced myself to go back to sleep, I didn't care.

"Airea, wake up."

When I opened my eyes, Jacky was standing in front of me, frowning. His appearance brought out a whole new wave of tears. Jacky sighed and slipped off his shoes.

He pulled the blankets back and climbed in so that he was laying behind me with his arms wrapped around my waist and his cheek against my cheek.

"How'd you get in here?" I asked, my voice weighed down by sadness and sleep.

"Your dad," Jacky whispered.

"He let you in?" I asked, closing my eyes. "That's surprising."

"He knows you're sad."

My hand found Jacky's and I tangled my fingers between his. "Isn't it pretty obvious?"

Jacky nodded against me and pulled me tighter against him. "He's worried about you," he said.

I sighed and replied, "That's surprising, too."

Jacky rolled me over so that I was laying on my back. He was on his side looking down at me. One look at his face had more tears sliding down my cheeks.

Jacky frowned and shook his head at my tears. "Don't cry," he consoled, "Please, don't cry."

"I can't help it," I sniffled, "You're leaving me and I'm going to be stuck here all alone with these people." I reached up and pressed the palm of my hand against his cheek.

He shook his head slightly. "Ronnie," he murmured, trying to smile to make me smile.

I offered him my best smile and replied, "It's not going to be the same without you, Jacky."

Jacky pulled my blanket up over his shoulders and leaned down to press his lips against mine. My hand slipped around to the back of his neck and held his mouth against mine. Our kisses were slow and deliberate and I realized as we pulled apart that it wasn't just my tears I was tasting on my lips.

"I love you," I pronounced, my blue eyes meeting his blue eyes, "I love you so much."

Jacky nodded. "I love you, too," he stated, "Me leaving doesn't change anything about that."

I wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him to me, taking deep breaths as the aching in my heart made it heard to breathe. Jacky laid down next to me and I moved over so that I was laying with my head on his shoulder. Much like we'd done so long ago in the basement of his house.

My family didn't bother us as we both drifted off into a world where Jacky wouldn't be taken from me. We left the irony of real life behind and I slept in his arms for possibly the last time.

Reluctantly, I woke Jacky a little after seven and told him that he better get home before his dad realized where he went, but he just shook his head and dropped his head back onto my pillow.

"I leave on Saturday," he said softly, "What's the worst he could do?"

I didn't remind him of his black eye instead I selfishly closed my eyes and let myself drift back to sleep. I was thankful that my dad stayed out of it this time. It was a miracle really.

I knew that we both had school in the morning, but now that Jacky was leaving, and I was determined to go back to New York, school just didn't seem important here in Vegas anymore.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys (: I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while, but today I updated all my stories! I'm finally getting past the trouble I was having. I just moved to a new state not too long ago and I was having a problem writing for some reason.

So, while trying to kick start my imagination, I started two new stories. (Well, I had posted one in the past and then taken it down when a lot of the chapters were deleted.)

The first one I started has five chapters. It's called Idiosyncratic.

It's about a woman named Moxie who leaves home with her son, Franky, one year after he's born. She leaves behind his father who had given her an ultimatum. The father, Callum, is left behind when she choses an option that he hadn't even considered... leaving.

Moxie ends up becoming friends with her next door neighbor, Anberlin; a waitress with a strange view on life and a pushiness that causes Moxie to meet up with Brian Wilson, a baseball player for the San Francisco Giants. What Moxie doesn't know is that Brian has another plan, introducing her to his teammate, Tim Lincecum.

The second story (the one I already posted and took down) is called Chocolate Eyes.

It's written in third person, has four chapters, and it's about a Brian Haner Jr. (Synyster Gates). The story tells about how Brian is reunited with the son that he gave up at birth. Now four years old, Evander's mother has just died and Brian is given the choice of taking his son into his home or letting him be sent to live with his grandparents in Oklahoma.

After a talk with his dad, Brian decides that it would be best for Evander to come live with him since he's the only parent that the young boy has left. The story then goes on to show how the relationship changes between Brian and his son, and how Brian goes from being uncertain and nervous to fighting for the right to keep custody of his son and make sure that the boy has the life that he was supposed to have had these last four years.

~


If you guys would check one / both of those out and leave me a comment, I'd be a very happy writer! Again, I'm really sorry that it took me 9 days before I start school to find my groove again. I wish I would've never lost it because this story would probably be finished already and I'd probably be ending Who We Are. But I'm just glad that I'm getting myself out of the hole I'd fallen in.

So please, please check out my other stories and tell me what you think. I could really use some motivation from you guys. (: Thank you!