Mystery Boy

Tomorrow Morning.

I stayed at Ronnie's until late, talking with the boys about what we were going to do tomorrow and where we wanted to go. By midnight, we'd decided that we didn't know where to go and that we'd just drive until we made a decision.

Jacky and I walked back to his house afterwards, me walking him home so that I could spend more time with him before tomorrow. In the back of our minds we knew we weren't going to get very far, but at least we would get more time together.

We walked hand in hand down the street and we stopped across the road from Jacky's house. All the lights were off and I knew that his dad was passed out. We stood in the yard of Jacky's neighbor and I wrapped my arms around his neck, scared at I would soon lose this all together.

"I don't want you to go," I said softly, quietly, "You can't leave me."

Jacky pulled me into a hug, his chin on my shoulder. "You can't leave Ronnie," he replied, causing me to chuckle sadly and nod my head.

"I know," I stated, "I just don't want to be here without you." I tightened my grasp around his shoulders.

"You have to stay," he told me, "You're going to have a new baby in your family."

I rolled my eyes playfully. "That's supposed to make me feel better?" I questioned, smiling as he smiled and shook his head at me. I kissed his jaw and then ran my thumb over the same spot. "You should go."

Jacky continued to hold onto me. "Not yet."

I looked over his shoulder at the darkened house that might not be his home for much longer. "You're going to get in trouble," I replied, pushing his shoulders backwards, away from me and closer to the house.

"So what," he answered, his accent thicker than usual. I pushed my lips together and took a moment to remember the sound of his voice, an accent different than any that came from around here. He sounded refined and more brilliant than anyone I'd ever met.

"I'll see you tomorrow," I promised, "Right before school. We'll drive off and never come back."

Jacky chuckled. "That sounds amazing."

"Doesn't it?" I questioned, my smile dwindling as quickly as it came. "I wish we really could runaway and never come back."

He nodded solemnly and pressed his lips against the side of my head. His silent way of agreeing with me.

I gripped fistfuls of his t-shirt at his sides and pressed my knuckles against him. "Why can't we?" I asked, feeling ridiculous but entitled all at the same time.

"My mom, your family, Ronnie's dad," he said simply, naming a reason for each of us to stay where we were told to be. Ronnie and I in Vegas and Jacky on the other side of the Atlantic.

"What about when the baby gets here?" I asked, "It's going to be a mad house, how am I going to get through that without you?" I frowned at the thought of another human being living in that house. The six of us could barely fit in there now, I didn't understand how we were going to make do with a screaming baby waking all of us up every night.

"You can come visit," he replied, smiling that gorgeous smile at me. "Your mom already said you could." He pushed my light hair out of my eyes and tucked it behind my ear.

I sighed. "That would be more likely if I was actually living with my mom," I told him, feeling like I was stuck between a rock and a hard place. "Everything about living with my mom is better."

"Except for me and Ronnie," he said.

"I know." I nodded after a minute.

Jacky kissed the side of my head and backed away from me slowly. "I'll see you tomorrow," he promised, stepping out of the grass and down into the road off of the curb.

"I'll see you tomorrow," I repeated, the words not sounding half as good as they had in his accented voice.

I folded my arms as he crossed the empty road, glancing back at me with every couple steps he took. When he crossed his yard and made his way to the front door, I lifted my hand into the air and waved.

"Tomorrow," he mouthed, a smile taking over his face.

I nodded slowly and repeated the word back to him in a whisper he could see but couldn't hear. When he'd gone inside and shut the door, I headed back towards my house.

"Air, is that you?"

"Yeah," I said in reply to my dad, who was somewhere in the kitchen. I walked in the direction of his voice and rounded the corner. I stopped short when he stood there, leaning against the kitchen counter with his wife leaning against him, smiles on both of their faces. "Oh," I said automatically, wishing I hadn't caught their attention.

Ina turned and leaned against the counter next to him, her arm wrapped around his waist. My dad wrapped his arm around her and smiled at me. "Hey, Airea, where've you been?" he questioned. He ran his hand up and down Ina's arm and she burrowed against his side.

"With the guys," I said, pointing over my shoulder at the front door, "We were just hanging out."

"It's late," Dad replied, taking a step towards me and away from Ina, "You've been with them all night?"

"Yep," I stated, "We were just hanging out."

Dad frowned and walked until he was standing in front of me directly. "When does Jacky leave?" he questioned, glancing down at his wife as she wrapped her arms around his waist from behind.

I shrugged and looked at Ina's arms as she clasped her hands together and held on tightly to my father. "Saturday," I said finally, when I'd looked away from her and up to his face, "We've only got a few days left."

Dad folded his arms over his chest. "And what about you? Where do you think you're going to be after he leaves?"

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What do you mean?" I inquired, "I'm going to Mom's."

He frowned. "And why do you think that just because your boyfriend is moving to London that means you can move in with your mother?"

I crossed my arms over my chest. "Because I want to," I replied, realizing what he meant, "Are you going to try and stop me?"

My dad rolled his blue eyes. "Airea, you know you're not going," he stated, shaking his head, "I was awarded custody of you and you're staying here with me." He smiled at his wife and touched her arm as she moved around us and retreated back to the bedroom to seek shelter from the up coming argument.

"Try to keep it down," she instructed the both of us, "The boys have to be up in a few hours and if they wake up now they're never going to get back to sleep."

As she walked behind me and down the hall, I rolled my eyes dramatically and scoffed at my father's doting reply. It only took a small noise from me to make my dad turn his attention back to me, dropping the promising affection for an angry expression.

"You're not going," he stated, "You're my daughter and you're staying here with me, Airea."

"I'm her daughter, too," I shouted gruffly, "And the only reason you got custody of me is because you used to be a lawyer!"

My dad grabbed my arm and pulled me out of the kitchen and through the living room. He shoved the front door open and dragged me outside, shutting the door quietly behind us. "You're not going anywhere," he reiterated, "You're going to stay right here and make everyone miserable like you've been doing since you got here."

"Then go right ahead and keep me here, Dad! But don't think that you have any say in what I do anymore, because one of these days you'll wake up and I won't be here anymore!"

My dad just rolled his eyes. "Stop being overdramatic, Airea."

"Oh, okay, Dad," I agreed sarcastically. Re-crossing my arms. "Can I go to bed now? It's really late and I'm really tired."

My dad stared at me for a moment, and then he nodded his head, completely unhappy with me in that moment.

I turned and went back into the house after one last glance towards the light from Ronnie's window. I marched through the living room and went in to the bedroom that Decklan and I shared. The lights were off, but there was enough light from outside that I could see enough to find my backpack and throw the books under my bed so that I could fill the bag with some clothes, my laptop, and my toothbrush.

I dropped it back in the same place that it was before and then I climbed under my blankets, after Decklan told me to stop making so much noise.

"Shut the heck up, Decklan," I sneered back at him.

He just groaned and pulled his second pillow over his head. I made sure that my alarm was set before I let myself relax and fall asleep, wondering if the guys and I were actually going to take off in the morning.
♠ ♠ ♠
I updated! (:

But guess what! I created a sequel for Trouble-Maker: Infinite
I hope you'll read it and tell me what you think!