Mystery Boy

New Puppy.

I grinned as I yanked the boys across the street and into the pet store. This store wasn't that big but there were kittens roaming around and I cooed and hurried to pick one up.

"It's so cute!" I exclaimed as I petted a black and white kitten.

Ronnie rolled his eyes as I handed him the small kitten and moved onto a grey one. "I said you could keep a puppy at my house," Ronnie said as he set down the cat and chased after me, letting my brothers run to the same kitten and capture him. "Not a kitten," Ronnie added as I continued to check out the cats.

"Oh Ronnie," I whined as I turned back to him, "Don't be such a downer, I'm just looking!"

I heard Jacky chuckle as he clapped Ronnie on the back. "Look what you got yourself into, man."

Ronnie glared at him and then turned to walk over to the front desk. A young guy was standing there ringing up a family who were buying a kitten, food, and toys for it. "Do you sell dogs?" Ronnie asked the guy.

"Yeah. They're down the hall. You'll see the door that labeled "Dog"," the guy told Ronnie as he pointed to a hall to the left. Ronnie nodded and grabbed onto my arm, yanking me down the hall that was covered with dog and cat toys. I pouted as Jacky pulled the cats out of my hands and set them on the floor. I was pushed onto a large room filled with dogs in kennels. I sighed sadly when I realized that they were all caged up.

"Can't we get someone to let them out for a little while?" I questioned with a rude tone in my voice, hating the fact that they were all locked up like prisoners.

"Airea, just find one that you like," Ronnie sighed, rolling his eyes at me.

I sighed too and wandered around the room, looking at all the cute dogs and puppies. Ronnie followed after me silently and tried pointing dogs out to me that he liked and would want for himself. Each time I considered them but then shook my head, feeling bad that they weren't the dogs for me.

When we got to the end and there weren't any that caught my eye, I sighed and turned back to Ronnie with a sad shake of my head. Just when we turned to leave and I was giving up on the idea, the guy from the counter came walking in with a small dog in his arms.

"Can I see that one?" I questioned as he walked past me.

"What?" he asked as he stopped and turned to face me.

"Can I hold that dog?" I said again, noticing that the puppy was biting on the guy's thumb.

I smiled at the wrinkly puppy was handed to me. The dog was slobbery and licked my arm as I petted him, laughing when the rolls of fat moved under my fingers. "What kind of dog is this?" I questioned, not knowing for sure.

"He's a pug mixed with something else, I'm not exactly sure," he told me as he reached to pull him from me.

"No, no," I murmured as I held him closer to me, noticing that he'd unlocked one of the cages and was about to shove the puppy inside. "How much would it cost to but this dog?" I asked, petting his head.

"About 140," the brunette told me, "He has all his shots and everything."

"Does he have a name?" I questioned, wishing that I could name him.

"The family that just brought him back were calling him Beanie, but he was only with them for a couple days so I doubt he's used to it already."

I looked down at the dog and studied his cute little scrunched up face. He snorted on my arm and then nuzzled me. I smiled and nodded, "I'll take this one, please." I look up to the guy who smiled crookedly and nodded, pulling the puppy from my arms.

My brothers were cheering as they reached up to pet the dog. Taite grinned up at me and held his arms out, asking if he could hold the puppy, but I shook my head, knowing that this dog probably weighed as much as he did. Jacky picked up Taite as they followed behind us.

"Are you sure?" he asked as he led us out to the check out area, "This one is quite a handful, that's why the last people brought him back."

I shrugged, "Ronnie and I can handle it," I laughed as Ronnie groaned.

I handed Easton my phone and told him to call my Dad as I held the dog and the man, whose name I learned was Ian, told me about the vaccinations that the dog had and how to entwine him into my live so he wouldn't be so freaked out. As my father walked into the small building with his wife he groaned but walked over to me anyways.

"Air, do you really have to get a dog?" he questioned as he pulled Taite from Jacky.

I nodded, "He's for me and Ronnie," I smiled and held the dog up to my father's face, "Isn't he cute?"

"His name is Charming!" Taite shouted as he reached to pet the wrinkly dog.

Dad groaned but nodded, "Yeah, yeah. He's cute. How much is Charming going to cost me?"

I grinned, "Just one hundred and forty dollars..." I trailed off, "But I think he'd like a few welcome home presents," I added with a smile causing my father to grown.

"Tom," Ina murmured, "You don't have to buy Airea a dog."

I glared at Ina and held my puppy closer. "Yes he does," I stated.

Ina looked at me. "He already bought you a new car, Airea."

I shrugged with a devious smile, "Well, this can make up for sending me to public school."

Ina sighed and shook her head, not used to me yet. Easton and Taite cheered as my father pulled out his wallet and handed Ian his credit card. I grinned and kissed my new puppy on the head before nudging Ronnie and Jacky with my elbow and having them follow me over to the dog toy section.

"Pick some stuff out," I grinned, "It's on my Dad."

Ronnie chuckled as Jacky reached out and pulled a giant bone off of the wall. He handed it to me and told me that those kinds of dogs like to chew on things. I smiled and nodded, holding it up to Charming's nose as he sniffed it and tried to bite on it with his little teeth.

"Here Charming, go to Daddy," I cooed as I handed the pug to Ronnie.

"What?" Ronnie asked, dumbstruck.

"You're his father and I'm his mother," I stated simply. "Jacky can be the god-father," I added with a grin so that Jacky didn't feel left out. Jacky smiled lightly, something he didn't do very often. I was struck for a minute by the British boy's quiet charm as he petted the dog and groaned when the slobber got on his hand.

"We're one big happy family," I said with a grin as I carried an armful of toys and a big bag of food back to the counter and to Ian.

After my Dad paid and Ronnie started to carry Charming out to my car, Ian stopped me.

"So," he started with a smile, bringing out his high cheek bones and white teeth, "Is that guy your boyfriend?" he asked with a smirk.

I gave him a suspicious look, "Which one?"

Ian licked his lips, "Either one."

I shrugged, "Why do you want to know?"

Ian shrugged and leaned against the counter, "Maybe I was thinking that I could call you sometime."

I smiled and looked to the floor. "Just give me your number and I'll text you." I handed him my cell phone.

A few minutes later he handed back my phone. I smiled at him and turned to walk out to my car, hearing taunts from Ronnie as soon as I walked across the street and slipped into my car.

"Why don't you just shut up, Radke. You're just jealous!"

Ronnie chuckled, "No," he stated, "But Jacky is."

I scoffed and smacked his arm, driving out of the parking lot.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys. I'm at my aunts and she has WIFI so here it is. :)

Image
This was my friends and I at McDonalds. :P I'm the one with glasses. :)