Status: ACTIVE (being rewritten)

Near Fall

Cathaoir [KA-heer] Whelan is a sophomore when he finally makes it onto the wrestling team. Not that he's that excited about it. This is his father's dream, the father who got injured during the last tournament of his high school career and was unable to wrestle in college. Cathaoir has no interest in sports, but wants to make his father proud. Unfortunately, joining the wrestling team won't be the most exciting thing that happens to him this year, and his life is changed forever, in more ways than one.

Wallace Graham's only goal is to get out of Franklinton alive. He's doing pretty well so far, as a senior he is now the star member of the wrestling team and destined for greatness at his parent's dream school, Duke University. Well, maybe his only goal isn't surviving Franklinton. Maybe it's getting as far away from this town, and his family, as he can.

---------------------------------------------------
Content/Trigger Warnings: disordered eating/drinking will be mentioned, but weight in actual numbers will not; depression, mental health issues, suicidal ideation, religious conflict, bullying, abuse, medical stuff, hospitals, racism, sexuality, and violence are present in some form. I will post specific trigger warning before each chapter, but I'm not perfect and might miss something that is triggering for you. Please read with caution and take trigger warnings seriously. If you message me about a specific chapter and what your triggers are, i will attempt to write a trigger free synopsis of the chapter for you. Nothing in this book will be particularly graphic, but can still be triggering to those with severe anxiety, PTSD, etc.