Status: In Progress.

This War's Not Over.

It's been almost a year since I left Tempe. Almost a year since John O'Callaghan demolished the only decent relationship I've ever had. (You do not need details, okay?) I don't want to go back, but my time at sea has settled, and my whereabouts need to be stationary again.

I left out of anger and out of feeling betrayed. In hindsight, maybe I should have stayed. They had no right to chase me out of the place that I had finally, for the first time in years, called home as I had no right to chase them from theirs. Still, I left, and maybe it was the best thing I could have done. I mean, it was my choice to make and at the time, it seemed like the best one I could make. I don't know if in the end things are going to be better or worse when I get home and I'm almost afraid to find out.

Nothing much has changed since I last wrote here. The world is still a nightmare for those who still breathe. We're still hunted, we're still farmed, treated like cattle. The only thing that has changed are the amount of subsiders, mutated vampires who have fed from the blood of their own. They're overrunning cities at an advanced rate, and despite the fact that blood substitutes are being synthesized, time is running out for all of us.

This isn't war. It's a waiting game.

Is there going to be a cure for their disease? Will a viable substitute for human blood be discovered? No one knows. We may never know. The only certain thing is that humanity seems to be all but gone. There are a few, living in pockets of dead cities and hiding, but not enough to reclaim land lost. The hour glass is nearly empty.

It's time to make a choice. Unite and find salvation, or fall apart and damn us all.

I've made my choice. I want to make amends and I want to find peace. What say you?

Until later, I'm Eve, and I'm the last of my kind.

-Excerpt taken from lastofmykind.net
  1. For Once I Wanna Be The Car Crash.
    Headlights on Dark Roads - Snow Patrol.
  2. My Sleeves are Stained Red.
    Secrets; One Republic.
  3. Won't You (Get On Your Knees) Believe?
    Hear Me Now; Framing Hanley.
  4. Not So Easy to Forgive, Harder to Forget.
    Impossible; Anberlin.
  5. I'm Strong Enough to Breathe the Air into My Lungs.
    Heavy Lies the Crown; In Fear and Faith.
  6. And All Around Your Island, There's A Barricade.
    Walls; Tom Petty.
  7. Where Do I Begin? Can I Shed This Skin?
    Human; Civil Twilight.
  8. And My Running Feet Could Fly.
    Between Two Lungs; Florence and the Machine.
  9. I Should Tell You, I'm Disaster.
    I Should Tell You; Rent.
  10. Screaming in the Dark, I Howl When We're Apart.
    Howl; Florence and the Machine.
  11. Am I The Only One, Crying Insane?
    Only One; Augustana.
  12. Where Memory Stops, an Escape Begins.
    Out There; Parabelle.
  13. Take It All Back to the Start of This.
    A Million Miles; Lostprophets.