Status: In Progress.

This War's Not Over.

And My Running Feet Could Fly.

Greetings. We're now entering Ohio, bumfuckland America. It's not really one of my favorite places in the world, but I do so love Cleveland. House of Blues, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Good music in general. Good for visits, but not for long term staying.

These last few days have been a little insane. Not gonna lie, I almost gave up all hope there for a while. Ever have someone tell you one thing and really sound like they mean it, only for them to take it back hours later, sobbing and appalled? I honestly. . . I can't even decide if they're sorry or not, and that's the worst part. I know they meant it at the time, and it kills me a little.

So, in the end, I guess I'm just going to let sleeping dogs lie. I thought maybe I could fix things, but he still doesn't think very highly of me. Moving on is all I can do.

Kenny's been really helpful. He knows I don't really want to talk sometimes, so, we'll chill with the radio on, or sing along to my iPod as loud as we can. This is easy, and light and free, and I like it. And I'm not the only one having severe nightmares that wake me up in the middle of the night. Normally, they wouldn't bother me, but all I end up doing lately is tearing out my stitches and I'm running out of suture material.

The other night, he actually woke me, and asked with his eyes if I needed anything. Honestly, I just needed someone to hold me. He did more than that. He kept the nightmares from coming back. I don't think I've slept so well in a long time. The following evening we had a rather harrowing experience, but we're alive, and that's the best I could ask for.

Anyway, I'm going to be driving shortly, and I need to wrap up. Dawn's coming and I would much rather be sleeping.

I apologize for this being rather uninteresting, but I've found myself running out of things to say.

Until next time, I'm Eve, and I'm the last of my kind.