Status: fin.

Love Like Winter

eleven;

The knock came again and Aurora approached the door slowly, before reaching out with a shaking hand and turning the doorknob. It was not who she wanted. Instantly, she slammed the door shut on Aiden, but he caught it with a single hand, wedging himself between the doorframe and the door. Aurora pushed on it with all her might, screaming as loud as she possibly could. Uncle Davidson’s house was in the middle of bufu, and no one would be able to here her.

“Aurora! Aurora, calm down! I’m not going to hurt you,” Aiden grunted, still trying not to be crushed by Aurora’s insistent shoving. Finally, he just shoved on the door all together and sent Aurora stumbling back into the coffee table, where it snapped under her weight.

She scrambled off of the table, and crawled away, searching for any type of weapon she could use against him. The first thing she found was a book, which she threw at his head but he caught it swiftly which caused her to panic even more. She threw another book and then a coffee mug, sending it and its contents spattered across one of the wooden walls.

Aiden caught up to her, standing over her and getting on his knees, straddling her and grabbing her hands as she tried to hit him with all her might. She put up one hell of a fight, but after awhile he had her successfully restrained. Both of them were breathing heavily and Aurora was close to tears. “Aurora, I swear to you, I am not here to hurt you.”

“How do I know you’re not going to burst out of your skin again?” Aurora then struggled again, and found that Aiden had loosened his hold on her in shock. There was a vase that had been sitting beside the table she lay near, and while it was large and heavy she somehow managed to lift it and smash it over his head, causing dirt and leaves to fall on her face and into her eyes. She cursed, desperately trying to un-blind herself and escape from under Aiden.

She made for the door then, constantly tripping over herself and as she looked back she saw Aiden holding his head, blood trickling out from under his wrist. She had just made it outside when an inhuman roar burst from her home and she was sure he was going to kill her then. “Aurora!”

That was when she ran smack dab into another man. She cried out again, falling on her rear and backing away only to find that it was Lucas. “Holy crap, you actually came,” she whispered before standing back up and running behind him. She grabbed onto his forearm to steady herself, knowing that she was most likely going to pass out at any given moment from constantly hitting her head and just from panicking.

Lucas stood impassive in front of her, glancing back at her once. Then Aiden came out of the house, still clutching his bleeding forehead. He caught sight of Lucas then and his entire demeanor changed. He dropped his hand and rage filled his face as he pointed at Lucas. “You,” he bellowed.

“Aurora,” Lucas whispered. “Run.”
♠ ♠ ♠
short chapter is short.