Status: fin.

Love Like Winter

nineteen;

The fur on Aiden’s back lifted as he spread his paws in a defensive stance in the direction of the strange wolf in the clearing. The hair on Aurora’s arms prickled as she waited for whatever was about to happen, her eyes squeezing shut and then Aiden relaxed. She could almost feel the breath waft out of his lungs as his back lowered and she fell closer to the ground still clinging to his fur.

Aiden let out a grunt almost of familiarity to the wolf stepping cautiously closer to them. Aurora looked at the wolf covered in chestnut brown hair and caught sight of recognizable protectiveness in them. “Lucas?” she whispered and the wolf closed his eyes and bowed his head. Aiden let out another growl, more forceful and Lucas’ eyes snapped open and he gave Aiden a brief glare before taking off ahead of them.

Aurora clutched onto Aiden’s back before the two took off after Lucas. She kept her eyes closed as they rode, allowing the wind to whip her hair down her back and across her face. How the hell had she gotten here? A trip that was supposed to induce an anger free state and all she was surrounded by was rage and jealousy. She was shocked she hadn’t joined in on the angry group of werewolves but perhaps it was the fact that they were werewolves keeping her silent.

Some part of her still did not feel completely at ease with either of these men. While they both had saved her life more than once how was she to know they weren’t just planning on sacrificing her to some werewolf god? How was she to know that she wouldn’t be dead in the next twenty-four hours?

The wind halted and suddenly Aurora felt grimy and cold. She opened her eyes and glanced around realizing that Aiden had hunched down so she could easily slide off of him. Though as she did so she managed to stumble and nearly fall back into a tree but there was a sudden firm grasp on her elbow and the distinct feel of body heat.

She turned around to see a completely naked Luke behind her—her eyes widened and she turned around, biting her tongue to keep from giggling like a child. But just as she looked in front of her there was a naked Aiden there as well. “Oh god, this is like a bad porno,” she grumbled closing her eyes and looking up. She felt the rumble of laughter on her back before she opened her eyes again to find that Aiden had pulled pants on in that small span of time.

“Where are we?” she asked, stepping forward and away from Lucas and his nakedness. As Aurora glanced around she couldn’t help but feel as though they were somewhere familiar.

“We’re back at Davidson’s cabin,” Aiden said moving one of the branches of a large tree behind him out of the way. Aurora’s eyes widened and Aiden immediately sensed her fear. “It’s okay,” Aiden said, closing the distance between the two. “This is neutral ground—technically a wolf can’t cross onto these grounds unless invited…so you and your uncle have been safe by that law.”

“What?” Aurora muttered completely flabbergasted. “What the hell are you talking about; neutral ground? Law? You realize I’m not a freaking werewolf right? I don’t understand your wolf speak.”

Lucas chuckled against her back again, and she took another step forward. Where did he keep coming from?

“It means that no one is going to bother us while we’re here—and if they do, you’ve got Aiden and I to take care of you.”

“Okay…but why are we here?” Both Aiden and Lucas were quiet for a moment. “You have no idea do you?” Aurora grumbled before shoving past Aiden toward the cabin. “For being on the run you boys sure don’t know what you’re doing do you?”

Aurora strolled into her cabin, her head over her shoulder with a stupid grin plastered on her face before she turned her head to find her Uncle with a cup of coffee leaning against the counter. She froze with her hand on the doorknob and realized her Uncle had simply looked completely unimpressed with her.

“On the run, eh? What kind of shit have you gotten yourself into now, Aurora?” Davidson said, taking a sip from his mug. Lucas and Aiden stepped into the cabin behind Aurora, and Davidson’s eyes raked over the both of them before nodding solemnly. “You two, of course.”

“Davidson,” both Lucas and Aiden grunted.

“You know each other?” Aurora asked. She knew they all knew each other but form the way her Uncle was looking at Lucas and Aiden it was almost as if he knew a little too much.

“You’ve got my niece running with wolves now? I knew bringing her to this shithole wasn’t a good idea.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been so long guys! Hopefully I can get back into the flow of updating soon.