Status: fin.

Love Like Winter

twenty one;

Isabelle Forelli stood just outside her father’s hut, pacing restlessly as a low growled built in her throat. Her father had his back pressed against the wall of the hut as he watched his daughter and saw the torment in her posture and in her gaze when she would allow it to meet his. “You’re sure?” he finally said as the girl paused and glared at the elder man. His black beard was now tinged with gray and his eyes looked tired yet there was still the strength of a wolf in them.

“I know what I saw,” Isabelle growled.

“What you’re saying could not only lose you a mate but it could lose the pack an Alpha. If you’re wrong you could be tried for treason—falsely accusing your master like that could get you killed, Belle.” Isabelle froze at the nickname only her mother had ever called her and shot another icy glare at her father.

“I’m not fool, father. The blonde twig was with Aiden.” Just saying his name made her heart ache and she had to look away from her father in order to regain her composure.

“That ‘blonde twig’ is Davidson’s niece. Think of the repercussions this will have, Isabelle,” her father said pushing himself away from the wall. Davidson’s role in the werewolf community was necessary to their survival and if they went hunting his niece for something she might not have even done it would destroy that. “I won’t allow you to destroy this pack for the sake of your pride,” her father sighed. “If you go to the elders I will deny your claim.”

Isabelle looked at her father with a mixture of rage and betrayal. For a moment she thought she might cry but regained her composure almost immediately, lifting her chin and setting her jaw before she swallowed thickly. “Fine,” she said quietly. “If you won’t help me I guess I’ll have to take care of this myself.”

“Isabelle,” her father called but she was already heading away from him. “Don’t do something foolish!” he shouted but knew there was no way he’d be able to stop her now. The only thing he could do was warn the elders and that was exactly what he did.

She stomped through the woods, tearing at the clothing holding her skin back before releasing the beast growling to escape this form. She tore through the brambles and branches, letting a deafening roar escape. She would find Aiden and the little human and she would rip both of their throats out if she had to—along with anyone who stood in her way. If that meant Davidson than so be it.
♠ ♠ ♠
short update my darlings. :)