Status: fin.

Love Like Winter

twenty three;

Aurora felt as though she should’ve been much more afraid than she was. In just a short few days she’d learned that not only werewolves were real but her Uncle was fully aware of this fact and not only had she gotten herself mixed up with them, she’d gotten herself on one of their hit lists. She made a mental note to never ever agree to go on a friendly tour with anyone lest it result in false accusations and being hunted by a crazy she-wolf.

As she stared out the window of her Uncle’s cabin, watching as rain slowly trickled down the glass like teardrops she found herself feeling exhausted if anything. She should be so swelled with fear; she should be bouncing up and down with anxiety at the prospect of being eaten alive at any moment. Perhaps it was the two rather burly men acting as guard dog or maybe her mind was completely fried from the overflow of information but she felt nothing of the sort. Part of her wished the bitch would come. Get this over with so she can go back to being a teenager with anger issues.

The three men had been talking in the kitchen for what felt like ages now. Aidan talking about Isabelle’s most likely way of thinking in this situation. By now she no doubt knew that her father had not taken her side, not wanting to start an all out war between the humans that lived in the town—Aurora didn’t know how the humans would survive a war against wolves anyway. The thing that annoyed Aurora the most was that even though Isabelle’s father didn’t support her, nor did the pack it seemed, he wouldn’t offer any help against her. They were on their own in this battle.

Aurora blew air harshly from her lips, rattling the few strands of white hair that had fallen in her face. She was seeking out any movement in the forest outside but given the storm currently boiling over it was useless. Still, she was hoping to find glowing eyes or a massive wolf shadow, or something to indicate that Isabelle had come. It was the waiting that was really bothering her. Maybe if she took a nap it would all just come faster.

“You know the saying ‘ a watched pot never boils’?” came a voice behind her. She turned finding Lucas leaning in the doorframe of the living room.

“What about it?” Aurora sighed.

“She’s not going to come with you waiting at the window for her. She’ll come when you least expect her,” he said gravely. Aurora rolled her eyes, already over all the brooding and devastation this place was filled with.

“God you people are such a drag. If I go home will it put an end to all of this? Aidan’s hot but I didn’t come here to start some bad supernatural romance movie.”

Lucas had this irritating grin on his face that made Aurora want to punch him. “I can see why Aidan likes you,” he said with a nod.

“What’s he doing flirting with girls when he has a girlfriend anyway?” Aurora said, being much louder than she meant to be.

“Mate,” Lucas corrected.

“Who gives a shit?” Aurora grumbled.

“You ever heard of an arranged marriage? How someone picks the person you’re going to be with the rest of your life for you? Doesn’t seem so fair right?” Aidan said, appearing behind Lucas. “Kind of like, what the hell, I should get to pick my own soul mate. I don’t get that, Aurora. And to be fair it’s not like Isabelle was my mate for very long. It literally was only announced like two days before I met you.”

“Okay, that sucks and I’m sorry for you and all but maybe you should think before you bring unaware girls into your werewolf home and make her enemy number one to your psycho werewolf mate,” Aurora grumbled exasperated. She meant to shove past the two of them and make her way into the kitchen. She never made it that far though because the window behind her shattered, showering them all in glass.

Then two arms covered with fur wrapped themselves around Aurora and the last thing she saw as she was pulled back into the forest was Aidan and Lucas running after her, their eyes glowing yellow.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay this is back! I'm determined to finish it with hopefully two more chapters and then I shall be posting something new.