Status: fin.

Love Like Winter

three;

Silence filled the room, and it nipped at her with fangs sharper than the monster that had dived in front of her. Her uncle was staring at her wordlessly, a sharp frown on his face as he let out a deep sigh, running his fingers through his tousled grey locks. “That car cost me a lot of money, Aurora. How do you expect me to get around? Especially with you living here now.” His face was strikingly pale and worn from years of hard work, and dark grey stubble lined his chin that was sagging with age. His blue eyes were hauntingly clouded by exasperation and weary, and when he looked at her like that she couldn’t help the guilt that filled her.

Aurora sighed, pushing her sandy-blonde locks away from her face and digging her hands deeper into the pockets of her jeans. She didn’t have an answer for him, and honestly, in that moment she didn’t care too much about what she’d done. Sure, she felt guilty for ruining his car, but her emotions were more centered around the confusion and niggling of fear that she felt when she remembered the large beast that had taken the bloody carcass in its jaws.

If that didn’t scream inhumanity, then she didn’t know what did. But yet, it had looked at her with piercing yellow eyes that seemed to swirl with intelligence, and she couldn’t shake the feeling of uncertainty that claimed her at the memory. It was so obviously a wild animal, but yet…

She was over thinking things again. Life was so much simpler when animals were just animals, and not the object of her thoughts and the cause of her discomfort.

Image


His long tongue slithered across his pointed teeth, lapping at the blood that was splattered across his mouth. His chest rumbled in satisfaction, warmth dribbling down his throat and churning in his stomach, building up like a flickering flame. His mind went back to the human in the car, and his heart flapped in recognition. She had been a beautiful, fragile thing, so unlike the she-wolves that he had been exposed to his entire life. The scent that she had emitted had been a deep, enticing smell that reminded him of the forest and cinnamon, and had filled his entire body up with a strange flame of desire. He didn’t know whether he wanted to taste her or what, but at the memory he felt his wolf growling and snapping in anticipation.

“Aiden?” A snarl left his lips as he turned around, unhappy at being interrupted during his meal. When he saw who it was his eyes darkened, and he lowered his tongue to lick the scarlet liquid off of his growing stubble.

Isabelle stepped further into the room, her eyes glowing with irritation at his greeting. They were to be mates whether he liked it or not, and she had been anticipating the moment for her entire life. The future Alpha was a rather masculine creature and she had lusted after him in silence for years, imaging his taut body under hers and his muscles rippling against her bare, heated flesh. But above that, he had power that she craved for with a desperate, ruthless heart, and through their bond she would grow into something that she could only dream of.

“What do you want?” he growled, his top lip lifting up to reveal his blood-stained, sharp teeth which were bared at her in frustration. The smell of the human was still consuming him, and he wanted nothing more than to be left alone so that he could dwell in the thought of her and why she was continuously flickering through his mind.

Isabelle glared at him slightly, walking towards his half-naked form that was painted in dirt and blood. “What you did today was dangerous, Aiden. You shouldn’t have been near her like that; you could have put us all in jeopardy.” In truth she was almost jealous of the way his eyes had strayed to the fair-haired human, but as a prideful she-wolf she would never admit that. Her lips pulled up into a snarl. Humans were disgusting creatures, and the last thing that she needed was to deal with one.

He watched her darkly, his brown eyes flickering with anger at her words. “I can do what I like,” he snarled, his lips curling up into a scowl. “The last thing I will do is put this pack in danger, now leave.”

She frowned at him, taking another step forward. “Aiden, we are to be mates, and you should accept my advice,” she said softly, her voice etched with impatience.

He watched her enigmatically before he pulled himself onto his feet and stormed out of the room, his fingers curling into fists and sprouting with dark, curly hairs.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments = luuurve.