Status: fin.

Love Like Winter

seven;

Gleaming eyes of green stared through the clearing, swirling with deep, dark flecks of bronze and darkened so venomously that they appeared to be the colour of ivy. Fists clenched in tight balls, flecks of dark fur sprouting across the knuckles and working their way up each ivory arm. Her back began to curve towards the floor, her hands spread out towards the ground as she tried to stop her wolf from tearing its way out of her.

A howl echoed through the clearing, and the couple in the water finally seemed to notice the rabid she-wolf that was trembling with absolute fury. Aiden immediately pushed Aurora behind him, protecting her from both seeing the change that was quickly overtaking the she-wolf’s body and also preventing her from being brutally attacked. He was suddenly aware of how fragile she was, floating in the water, her bare legs kicking in more rapid strokes as her heart clenched with anger and a slight whisper of fear.

His wolf was howling at the interruption, angry beyond control but also crazed in fear at the thought of being seen somewhat breaking the pack law. It pushed against his chest and dark curls of hair began to form on his flesh, claws growing from the tips of his fingers and pressing so tightly against his clenched hands that crimson blood dribbled into the water.

The she-wolf howled once more, readying herself for the change and readying herself for attack. In a split second he was bounding out of the water, the fragile human forgotten as the thought of attack sent whispers of blood and tearing and ripping through his hungry mind and soul. His body curled over as he lost the struggle with his wolf for control, and fur sprouted from every part of him, power clenching his entire body along with raging bloodlust and shouts for attack.

But she was his mate. He couldn’t touch her. He couldn’t kill her. He couldn’t destroy her the way he wanted to, he couldn’t dispose of he and rip her to pieces. Because the wolf in him, as furious as it was, knew that she was to be the mother of his cubs, and knew his place in the pack. And so it stopped, a growl rippling through its jaw as its teeth snapped angrily, trying to scare the she-wolf into submission.

But she wouldn’t bow. She wouldn’t relent. She was furious, hurt and she had lost control to her wolf. She was a tangled mess of lust and bloody thoughts and all she needed was to rip the blonde woman into tiny, scrambled pieces. It was a direct insult to the wolf for a female to interact as such with a wolf’s mate, and not to forget the fact that she was a human. Garbage. Weak. Disgusting. Ready for death, in her glowing eyes.

His eyes told her to stay back. His yellow eyes were glowing with power and intensity, wrapped around black pupils that seemed so deep that she was lost. Submitting, she transformed into her human form, her naked flesh bared to the wilderness that surrounded her. She fell to the floor, her head tilted up to him and a snarl on her lips, her eyes glowing like fires.

Content with her submission, he too transformed, standing over her with his naked flesh glowing with beads of sweat. “You will not tell anyone of this,” he growled, his pointed teeth bared at her. Her nose lifted into a snarl but he slashed her naked stomach slightly with his fingers, reminding her that he was in charge.

“You will be my mate. You will treat me as such. And so help me, if I see you with this woman, or even another human for that matter, I will watch your reputation crumble,” she snarled, reminding her mate that she had something over him, something that would bring him down. But she knew herself that if his reputation disintegrated so too would hers, as she would forever be known as the she-wolf whose mate was not loyal. Anger was still pulsing through her, consuming her, and her wolf was fighting against its constraint for blood and revenge.

Aiden watched her with furious but relenting eyes. Neither remembered about the fragile blonde human until it was too late, and she was running away from the water and the clearing, fear clenching like a leech to her heart.
♠ ♠ ♠
So it be back. After a very long time, we're back on track to start updating again. The lack of updates was due to me being quite sick, and this is actually the first thing I've written in about seven months.

SO LUBB US AND GIVE US LUBB AND WE WILL LUBB YOU.