Sequel: No Turning Back Now.
Status: Go read the sequel ; No Turning Back Now

What I'm Looking For...

The Reflection.

I watched as my wavy blonde hair turned straight and flaming ginger. My bright blue eyes staying the same, but a hint of brown swam around through them. A group of ginger haired people stood with me. Fred and George stood right beside me, whilst Ron, Ginny, Mr and Mrs stood behind us, next to two older looking boys who must be Charlie and Bill.

“Corey, what do you see?” Harry asked again.

I quickly shook my head, before I looked away from the mirror, turning back to Harry and Ron. They looked at me, waiting for my answer while I quickly made up a lie.

“I see myself being the best witch of all time; I’m popular; everyone wants to by my friend.”

A sudden noise outside in the corridor put an end to our discussion. I hadn’t realised how loud we had been talking.

“Quick!”

I threw the cloak over the three of us as the luminous eyes of Mrs Norris came around the door. We all stood quite still, all thinking the same thing – did the cloak work on cats? After what seemed an ages, she turned and left.

“This isn’t safe – she might have gone for Filch, I bet she heard us. Come on.” I said, pulling them both from the room.

---

The snow still hadn’t melted the next morning.

“Want to play chess, Harry?” said Ron.

“No.”

“Why don’t we go down and visit Hagrid?” I asked.

“No... you go...”

“I know what you’re thinking about, Harry, that mirror. Don’t go back tonight.”

“Why not?”

“I dunno, I’ve just got a bad feeling about it – and anyway, you’ve had too many close shaves already. Filch, Snape and Mrs Norris are wondering around. So what if they can’t see you. What if they walk into you? What if you knock something over?”

“You sound like Hermione.”

“I’m serious, Harry, don’t go.”

“It’s not like it’s dangerous, Corey. I don’t know what it does, but I know it’s not going to hurt me.” Harry said.

Little did either of them know that I’d worked out what it did last night; after reading the in craving on the top of the mirror. Last year I had done a lot of logical work at school, so I’d been able to figure it out pretty quickly. If you read ‘Erised stra ehru oyt ube cafru oyt on wohsi’ backwards, it reads ‘I show not your face but your heart’s desires.’ This is how I’d been able to come up with a lie about what I saw in the mirror so easily.

I had a feeling Harry was still going to go to the mirror tonight; but I wasn’t going to stop him; I had warned him, that was the best I could do.
♠ ♠ ♠
Two small chapters in one day? Oh, yes. I decided to put them into two different chapters because I wanted to make you wait a bit , but I couldn't NOT post, so yeah.
Comment or I'll know your deepest desires (;
-Josifer(: