Saving Me

In Recovery

Shianne’s POV

Naomi’s doctor, Dr. Stevenson, walked into her room. Naomi had been in the hospital for three long days, and hadn’t woken up once. She was in a coma, but expected to wake up soon. I was proud of her recovery.

“Mr. and Mrs. Allison, can I have a word, please?” Dr. Stevenson asked.

Fear washed over me, and I embraced myself to hear the worst. Robbie smiled shakily, and grabbed my hand to lead me out the room to the hallway.

“What seems to be the problem, doctor?” Robbie asked as he shut the door behind him.

He smiled softly, “I don’t exactly know if you knew this, but Naomi was three months pregnant.”

My face went white, and I backed up against the wall. She never mentioned being pregnant. I didn’t even notice her acting different, or having a baby bump. Did she even know herself? She drank like she didn’t know. I didn’t even know that she was sexually active, but I guess with her being 22 years old, I had to have seen this coming. Who was the father? Zack? Did he even know? Robbie tightened his grip on my hand, and took a deep breath. I swallowed hard.

“Unfortunately, somewhere in the accident, too much pressure was applied to her lower stomach and she lost her baby.” Dr. Stevenson said sympathetically.

I felt like I was going to throw up. Tears started to fall from my eyes, and I fell into Robbie’s arms.

“I’m sorry,” Dr. Stevenson said, “On the bright side, she should be waking up sometime today, and she will be okay.”

“Thank you, doctor,” Robbie spoke quietly.

Dr. Stevenson nodded, and walked away.

Robbie opened her door and led me to the couch. He held me in his arms as I sobbed loudly.

“Shh, it’ll be okay, Shianne. Naomi is alive, and that’s what we have to focus on. Besides, look at us. We’re not ready to be grandparents. We’re way too young and good looking.”

I managed to put a smile on my face, but the tears continued to fall. “It just feels like it’s one thing after another. I guess I know what it means when they say that when it rains, it pours, now.”

He looked down to my face and smiled. “Count your blessings. They’re all alive, except for mini Naomi. It’s a miracle.”

“Why didn’t she tell us?”

“I wish I had the answer to that, baby. I really do.”

I fell back into his arms and sobbed. I couldn’t believe my grandchild was dead. My own grandbaby. Dead.

Zack’s POV

I walked through the hospital with 12 beautiful red roses, and a positive attitude. She was expected to wake up from her coma today. I couldn’t believe how lucky I was that she was still alive.

My parents had told me the night before that she was in the accident and hurt pretty bad. Even though I was almost positive that she was in the accident, I still had an ounce of hope that she wasn’t. I was outraged that they didn’t tell me sooner. They didn’t even have the chance to tell me the rest of the story before I took off back to the hospital. When I arrived to Naomi’s room, Robbie had explained to me that she was okay, and it was Jack that I needed to worry about. He told me everything he knew, including the fact that there was another car involved, and a girl was expected to die. I felt absolutely terrible.

As I walked through the door, I noticed Shianne crying in Robbie’s arms. Naomi looked okay from what I saw, but I still had a terrible feeling in my stomach.

“What’s going on?” I pleaded, setting the roses on the table next to her bed.

“She had a miscarriage,” Robbie explained.

“Wait, what?!”

“She had a miscarriage,” he repeated.

“But that’s not possible. Naomi wasn’t even pregnant,” I argued.

“We didn’t know either.”

I was quiet, then. I couldn’t believe it. Why didn’t she tell me? Tears fell from my eyes. I would have been so proud to be a daddy. She must not have known. She would have told me. “How far along was she?”

“Three months,” he mumbled.

“No. There had to have been a mistake. She didn’t tell me. She loves me, she tells me everything.” I denied shakily.

Robbie sat silently, holding Shianne in his arms.

It was no use arguing with them. They believed the doctor, but I didn’t. She wouldn’t lie to me. I sat in the seat next to her bed and watched her closely. Her left arm was in a cast, much like mine. She seemed to be breathing uncomfortably with her broken ribs. The wound across her chest was covered in gauze. The left side of her forehead seemed to be completely bruised, along with her left cheek and right jaw line. Her chin had a large gash, as did the skin below her right eye. She was hooked up to several IV’s. I hated seeing her like this. It wasn’t fair that she and Jack were the ones that got all the pain and I hardly got any. I wanted to be in her position. I wanted to be the one in the coma while she was standing there waiting for me to wake up. I wanted her to be okay.

Naomi’s POV

I blinked my eyes quickly, and tried to focus in on the room around me. The light was so blinding that I felt like I was staring at the sun. Sheering pain crept through my entire body. My left arm was burning, and I couldn’t breathe without a sharp pain. The first thing I noticed was Zack sitting next to me. He had a cast on his left arm, a bruise on his right cheek, and a deep cut on his left cheek, just under his black eye. He was smiling, despite being so beat up, but it looked like he had been crying.

“Zack, what the hell happened to you?!” I demanded fearfully. I looked to my left and saw my parents looking at me thankfully, and that’s when I noticed I was in a hospital bed.

“What the hell happened?! Why the fuck am I here?” I yelled.

“Naomi, calm down,” Zack smiled happily.

I turned to him and took his hand. “Baby, what’s going on?”

“Naomi, we were in a car crash. We were all drunk. It was you, Jack, and I. Jack was driving,” he explained softly.

“Dammit. I thought we agreed never to let Jack drive,” I laughed softly. My ribs were killing me, and I winced at the pain. “Fuck! What is going on with me?”

“You have four broken ribs, dear,” my mother explained. “You’re such a warrior. I’m so happy to see you awake.”

I felt like screaming. I didn’t want to be awake. “My head is fucking killing me. Am I on pain killers?”

My mother chuckled, “Of course you are.”

“Well they’re not working.” I insisted. I felt so uncomfortable that it was making me short-tempered, and I was never this way. I turned back to Zack. “How long was I out?”

“Three days,” he said.

I stared at the wall in front of me and sarcastically muttered, “Perfect.”

“Are you tired?” He asked.

“Exhausted,” I mumbled, zoned out at the wall in front of me. I wished I were back asleep so that I didn’t have to deal with this pain.

“I love you, sweety,” my father said, kissing my forehead.

“I love you too, dad.” I said, still staring straight in front of me. I closed my eyes in an attempt to let myself fall back asleep, but nothing happened. I had never been more irritated in my life.

Alex’s POV

I stood in Katherine’s room and watched her sleep while her mother and sister were out for lunch. She was the most beautiful girl I had ever seen even if she was wrecked. She was hooked up to an oxygen tank, and her hair was shaved off at the top of her head where the glass was lodged, and surgery was preformed. The doctors had done decompressive craniectomy on her in order to reduce the swelling of her brain, but it was still swollen, threatening her life. Her head was wrapped in gauze, and her face had several cuts from the glass; too many to count. Both of her arms were wrapped in casts, but her right arm was broken at the elbow, and her left was broken at the wrist. IV’s were all over her, and she was stuck in a coma.

I didn’t understand why this had to happen to her. She was so beautiful and probably had a lot going for her. I remembered how much her mother loved her, and how much her sister didn’t care. It made me curious what her personality was like. I wanted to hear her tell me stories or just hear her voice in general. I saw what was left of her beautiful blonde hair flowing down by her shoulders, and wondered what it would feel like to have it in between my fingers. Her fingernails had dark purple chipped nail polish on them, and she wore a silver ring with three hearts made of diamonds on it. I wondered when she got that ring. There was still makeup from her eyes running down her face. I wondered what she looked like before she left wherever she was leaving. Was she all together, or torn apart like her sister was? Where was she when she left? At home? At a friends house? At a party? At her boyfriends house? Why didn’t anyone take better care of her? She looked so fragile. I looked at her lips through her oxygen mask and wondered what it looked like to see them move. What was it like to kiss her? What did she like to talk about? What were her last words?

“You’re so beautiful,” I spoke softly.

Could she even hear me? I remember learning back in school that people in a coma could sometimes see or hear things. Sometimes they could even move or speak. Could she speak for me? Could I just hear her voice?

Would she ever forgive me for letting this happen to her? Would she ever speak to me? I knew she was going to sew the fuck out of Jack. I would too if I were in her position. Would that ruin any chance of us even being friends?

My phone vibrated in my pocket, cutting off my thoughts. “Hello?”

“Alex, where are you?” Rian asked.

“Oh uh. I’m in the bathroom,” I hesitated.

“Okay, well Naomi woke up. Matt and I are going down to her room. Evan and Vinny just joined us. They said that Danny and Ian would be coming soon. Colussy, Nano, and Grieco just left. You’ve been in the bathroom forever, man.”

“Sorry. I’ll just meet you guys down in her room,” I said and hung up.

I took one last look at her stunning face before I said, “Bye, angel.”

I couldn’t help it. I was in love with the girl that Jack might have killed.

I was in love with a girl that I’ve never even talked to.

I was in love with a girl who I hoped would save me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, guys I know that I've updated like crazy, but jsdlkfasl I'm obsessed with writing this heh. I put some of All Time Low's crew in. If you're confused, look on the characters page. I put down everyone's name, age, and job. Oh, and please gurl, don't be a silent reader. ; )