Status: Active...Extremely slow updates. Sorry <3

I'm Glad You Came

Time is slipping away

Kayleigh's POV
------------------

The walk back to the hotel had taken half an hour.
We weren't the sober-est people in the city tonight so the odd stumble had been expected.
We finally reached the door of the hotel my legs were numb with the cold and my feet were killing me. Nathan was standing opposite me, his face barely seeable as the darkness of the night had quickly fallen upon us. A comfortable silence fell over us and I could hear Nathan shuffling awkwardly.
"Well...." he grinned. I jumped slightly feeling his breath agains't my face.
"Thank you" I whispered nuzzling my face into his chest. His arms sliding round my waist, pulling me in closer. The sounds of the city seemed to stop, just for a second. All I could hear was his heartbeat agains't my ear.
"For what?" a slight whisper spoke.
"Today...Tonight...Everything" I laughed. "It's been perfect"
"It sure has" he giggled slightly.
Pulling myself away from his chest, I looked up, his eyes were glowing through the darkness. I couldn't stop myself from smiling, feeling slightly embarrassed I bowed my head quickly hoping he wouldn't notice.
Nathan's fingers wound round my chin, slowly lifting my head towards his.
Our eyes finally meeting as the space that had previously stood between our bodies slowly disappeared. His lips met mine and butterflies flew franticly around my stomach. Slowly wrapping my arms round Nathans neck, our kiss deepened. I felt him smiling sligtly agains't my lips.
"Nathan!" A mans voice shouted cutting through the air. Huge flashes of lights surrounded us. I jumped back, blinded by the light that had just dazzled me.
"Who is she?" another voice questioned. The voices were coming from infront of us but just as soon as my eyes began to recover from the flashes another came.
Click after click. Flash after flash. The voices became muffled.
"Shit!!" Nathan whispered, his voice quieter than the rest but it stood out agains't the crowd.
I felt his hand in mine as pulled me closer to his chest.
"On the count of three...Run" he stated, his breath tickling my ear.
Pulling himself away a smirk crossed his face.
"One...Two" he mouthed. I started laughing as he grabbed my hand. "Three!" he shouted maybe a little louder than expected. Everyone stopped to look at us for a split second before we started runnning down the street. Hoping Nathan knew where he was going I followed his lead. The crowd chasing us. Cameras flashing, distant shouts. My legs began to ache but I kept running and running.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I was standing in the middle of an empty street. Street lights painting spots of the pavements orange. Looking around I was lost, cold, scared. The voices of the crowds seemed to be coming closer but they all echoed in my ear. I wasn't sure what direction they were coming from or where they were. Nathan had disappeared, I didn't know at what point in our adventure I lost him but all I knew that I was terrified. I could hear footsteps approaching me from behind. Fear grasped my body as I stood frozen. My body was yanked into a near by alley. A paniced yelp escaped my lips as a soft hand placed itself over my mouth. My eyes shut tightly scared at what was happening.
"Shhh" it whispered softly. I knew there and then that it was Nathan. My eyes slowly opened, surely enough to be met by his.
"I thought I'd lost you" I stuttered. My chest still pounding. He backed me up agains't a wall.
"Nath?" I questioned, panicing more as his hand started to tug at my dress. The other one tightly gripping round my face. Tears started to roll down my cheeks as I tried my hardest to fight him off. It was no use, by now the body before me had ripped my dress and had a tight grip on me. His hands leaving his mark over me. His face came closer to mine, a distant street lamp lightening up his features. Revealing an unfamiliar face. I started to kick and punch the stranger infront of me, hoping to God that i could break free of his grip.
"Listen there missy! You're only making things harder for yourself" A gruff voice chuckled, it seemed to be coming closer. Suddenly a pair of wet lips smashed agains't mine. Throwing my head to the side, a feeling of uselessness grew over my body. I felt dirty as his hands glided over every inch of my body. I screamed for help. Evil crossing his eyes, my head came smashing back into the wall that had helped him hold me captive. A thick, warm liquid dripped down the back of my head. My vision started blurring. I tried to hold my head, pain ripping through my body. I fell to the ground. I could see his shadow walking away, he looked back at me before laughing and leaving me on my own.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was lying on the cold, hard ground for what had felt like hours. The sky started lightening and the city seemed to be coming alive once again, yet still no one found my limp body lying almost lifeless near the street. I swear every so often I heard Nathan calling. I was never sure if I was imagining it. It started again. His voice echoing around me.
"Nath?" I called out, my voice weak and croaky. "Nathan!!" I screamed, putting all my energy into it. The sound of footsteps running filled the alley.
"Oh God! Kayleigh!" his voice sounded panicked but still flowed perfectly like he could do no wrong. No sense of anger or fear in his voice, just sadness.
"I've been looking for you all night! What happened to you?" he whimpered.
"You're a silly sod!" I laughed slightly, flinching as pain shot through my body again. "You'll have caught a cold." His hand started tracing the shape of my face.
"Look at you, and you're worried about me having the cold" he sobbed. I opened my mouth trying to force out a reply.
"Stop" he cried "Don't talk baby. We'll be okay" his voice sounding happier. And almost instantly like he'd commanded the pain stopped. There was a slight shuffle from beside me followed by a mumble of noises. My eyes slowly opening to see Nathan on the phone sobbing beside me. I reached up taking his hand by surprise, he jumped slightly. I forced a sympathetic smile across my face. "I'm so sorry" he whispered "This is all my fault" his words ringing in my ears. I tried to respond, to tell him that everything was okay and that by no means was this his fault but nothing came out. Soon blackness started to swirl round my eyes. I tried my hardes to fight it off but soon enough my body felt light....
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the lack of updating guys. Just started back at college and I'm stressed up to the eyeballs. aha. I hope you enjoy it and please leave me a comment telling me what you think :) Thank you &lt;3

Chapter title - The Wanted; Glad You Came