Status: Active...Extremely slow updates. Sorry <3

I'm Glad You Came

Away from us so stay

Nathan's POV

Walking down the corridor took forever.
White walls at either side. I'd always hated hospitals and avoided them at all costs but I couldn't leave her.The sound of my foot steps echoed through the emptiness at tears filled my eyes. Trying to fight them back, I barged through the doors at the end of the corridor and I entered the waiting room. There were a few people sat in the seats scattered around the place. All looking at me as I entered giving me the same sympathetic smile. I made my way to one of the chairs near the corner of the room. Pulling out my phone I figured I should call Jay and tell him to let the girls know what had happened.
*Ring, Ring Ring Ring*
"Hello?" Jay slurred.
"Jay, are you still with the girls?" I asked
"Yeah. Where are you two? We all went back to the hotel and figured you'd taken Kayleigh home"
"Thing is..." I paused, a lump in my throat stopped me for speaking.
"Nath? What's happened?" Jay asked, sounding concerned. I could hear the girls in the background all laughing and chit chat stopped. Silence on both ends of the lines.
"She's in hospital" I spoke softly.
"What! What happened?"
"Can you tell the girls." I whispered.
"Yeah..."
"I've gotta go..." I hung up the phone. Sighing loudly I rested my head in my hands. What was I gonna do? I couldn't leave her...I didn't want to but we were meant to be meeting up with the boys to work in the studio for the next 3 days. My train of thought dragged on and before long I couldn't keep my eyes open. Nodding off I couldn't get the picture of her body lying there lifeless out my head...

----------------------------------------

I was awoken by a sharp voice coming from beside me.
"Are you okay?" it spoke sweetly turning round I saw an older woman sitting in the chair next to me.
"Erm yes thanks" I replied rubbing my eyes.
"You've been here for a while." she frowned looking at me.
"I guess I have" I smiled looking at the time.
8am.
Wow. I'd been out longer than I'd thought.
"Must be a special person" she added smiling sweetly at me. Flashbacks from the day before sprung into mind, a smile crossing my face.
"Yeah...I guess she is" I laughed. Just as I had said it s man in a white coat entered the room. Everyone fell silent, each hoping it'd be news on their loved ones.
"Mr Sykes" it spoke. I stood up, the smile growing on my face as I walked over to him.
"Your girlfriend is awakening" he smiled guiding me through to a room. I meant to correct him but I wasn't sure what we were. It kind of sounded...right I guess. Walking in my eyes shot round it until they stopped and stuck on a fixed point. Walking over to her bedside tears filled my eyes. A drip was hooked into her arm. Bruises painted her body.
"She's going to be okay" the doctor smiled before walking out the room. Taking a seat I smiled noticing her eyes had started flickering.
"'Ello there darling" I smiled.

Kayleigh's POV

I could hear mumbles from beside me.
I could feel light hitting my eyes. I groaned not knowing if I was awake or not. The past however long it'd been had seemed a bit weird. I kept wakening up but then it would turn out I wasn't actually awake...
"Ello there darling" a familiar voice spoke. I knew instantly who it was. I tried to respond but I was too weak. It took all my strength to throw my head to the side. My eyes opened and there he sat. His fringe brushed back so his eyes were fully noticable. I smiled as tears started to fill both our eyes. "How are you feeling?" he smiled.
"All the better after seeing you" I croaked, my cheeks blushed as I thought about what I'd just said.
"How long have I been out for?" I questioned.
"A few hours" Nath frowned trying not to look at me. He'd stayed with me for all this time?
"Do you want a drink?" he smiled sweetly.
"A cuppa'd be amazing" I laughed, flinching slightly as pain riped through my stomach. Nathan jumped up out his seat.
"Be careful silly! You're still not recovered" a sympathetic smile crossed his face as he left the room. Shortly after I heard a bunch of shouts coming from outside the door. Jumping up I looked to the door and Jay, Sam and Frann barged in.
"Oh God! What happened to you!" Sam frowned running over and taking the seat Nathan had previously sat in. What happened to you...Everything started replaying in my head. I felt dirty! Tears streaming down my face. Screaming. Shouting. The pain.
"Kayleigh?" Frann smiled.
"Sorry" I said forcing a smile on my face. "Where's Steph?"
"She had to go home...Family problems" Sam frowned.
"I hope she's okay"
Looking over I noticed Jay standing at the door. His face frozen, shock in his eyes.

Nathan came walking in. Ignoring everyone else in the room and walking straight over to me. Handing me a cup, I smiled. His eyes looked tired.
"You should get some rest" I smiled taking a slurp of my tea.
"I don't want to leave you" he whispered over Sam and Frann talking about what channel to switch the TV on to.
"But you're shattered. You didn't have to stay" I frowned feeling slighty guilty.
"I wanted to" Nathan bend down and his lips brushed agains't mine. All the pain stopped for a second. The feeling in my stomach was unbearable. Butterflies smashing around. I doubled over. By the time I opened my eyes again Nathan had his arms around me. The girls stood in the middle of the room shock had frozen their faces.
"I'm fine. Stop worrying!" I frowned. I hated people making a fuss over me.
"Yous should be out having fun anyway! On you go. I should be out soon." I laughed.
"No. We can't leave you" Sam spoke sofly.
"Go!" I laughed. The two walked over to me, giving them both a hug I smiled as they exited with Jay. Turning to look I Nathan
"You too" I whispered avoiding all eye contact.
"I'm not leaving you" he stated.
"Nathan please! You have stuff to do!"
"No" he spat throwing himself down on the chair. "I'm not going" he smirked slighty before standing up again and walking over to the television that was in the room. Turning it on and flicking onto a music channel then returning to his seat. A few minutes passed and yet he said nothing.
"Nath?" I whispered, secretly wondering what he was thinking.
"Waaaait..." He smiled. Just as he finished a music video started playing. Watching it I analysed the screen carefully wondering why he'd put it on.
That's the day I found out who Nathan Sykes really was
"It's you!" I smiled, a sudden rush of excitement took over my body.
"That's what I do" he laughed walking over and sitting on the bed beside me. He wound his arm around my neck. I turned to look up into his eyes. The tiredness had suddenly disappeared as our eyes connected. I couldn't look away. A grin crossing my face and one the same crossing his. Leaning in his nose brushed mine. I could feel my heartbeat increasing. Something felt right for the first time in a long while. Leaning in further our lips met. I could feel him smiling through the kiss. Just at that moment the door opened and a nurse walked in.....
♠ ♠ ♠
My updates will become slower as I've just started my first load of college assessments so apologies for that but erm tell me what you think? And thanks for reading :) &lt;3

Chapter title; The Wanted: Glad You Came