Room 253

Chapter eight

-Gee wake up… it’s late!- someone yells from behind my door. I stubbornly turn on my stomach, and with my pillow I try to block all the noises my little, bastard brother is making on my door.
-Come on! Ehi get up, up!- he goes on, knocking on the door. –Ok Mickey, I’m up! - I yell opening the door. His light smile vanishes. –Thank you- I smile stepping over him. I know that I have a really fucked up aspect. My hair is dirty, my mouth needs some toothpaste and my body some food and…no” keep calm, you’re over” –I’m done- the reflex of me on the bathroom’s mirror repeats. I started to clean up a week and half ago after my bro found me on the floor passed out in my vomit, surrounded by bottles, condoms and empty bags. I only remember that I’ve tried to forget something and, actually, it seemed to have worked. Apart from my parents and their threat to kicked me out I want to clean up in order to go London and the A.R.T: the most prestigious art school in the world. Mickey, that little lovely bastard, sent my curriculum next day he found me. Four days ago they sent me a letter. Mikes started screaming right after the postmen gave him the letter. He rushed down my room and he was so exited, I couldn’t catch a word. -They have accepted you! You’re going to London!-. I was like shit and so weak because of the need of alcohol and coke, but Mickey’s joy, his excitement gave me strength. Tons of strength. I had finally a reason, a purpose. I tried to smile. The worst apparently seemed over.
I open the door bathroom, in my head plans are forming and suddenly I feel the necessity of new clothes. I’m ascending the stairs still wondering if I have enough time to do the shopping…It is the silence that shut my thoughts. Six eyes are fixing me. They are wide, shocked. A letter is hanging in my mother’s hand. Nobody speak. Nobody has the fucking guts to speak. I tear apart the letter from her hands and start to read. Nobody makes a move while my hope, my purpose, my life is ripping apart once again.
“The A.R.T. School Council has received your last medical record and curriculum from your previous college. Due to your behavior and addictions, the School has decided to decline your request for enrolment in our courses….”
Great. Now I really need a shot.

***


I didn’t give time to anybody to react. I simply throw myself out of the house. Now that some lucidity comes to my brain, I notice that I’m still in my pajama inside my dad’s car. I get out. Great this is Sebastian house. My body guides me in the right direction. I don’t give time to my thoughts to reach my brain and my blood. I need to forget. I need my sweet Whitesnow. She is the only one who has never ever deceived me. I run up the stairs and start knocking on the door. I’m in hurry. I think that Mickey knows who sell to me. Maybe I was just so stupid to tell him.
I’m waiting for someone to answer me when I notice that inside there are noises, voices and music is being played. I smirk, while a rush of adrenaline washes over my body. I desperately need to pass out.
And maybe tonight I can pass out forever.