Status: Updated when I can find time to. I hope you understand, whoever reads this story.

Trade Mistakes

Most Nights I Don't Know...

“I told you Quidditch was a nasty sport. Those kids get too riled up over just a game.” Madam Pomfrey was gibbering as she examined Trinity in the hospital wing a short time after the end of the match. Pomfrey was the mediwitch, or nurse in the Hospital Wing of the castle. She had a plump face and was up to Trinity’s nose. From what Trinity had heard Pomfrey was strict with strict visiting hours and meticulously long check ups before anyone was ever released. All of those statements were true as Trinity waited an hour after she was examined before she could leave.

Despite Pomfrey being strict, Trinity liked the woman. She could hold her own with her patients. One boy had absolutely refused to take a potion to grow his bones back but cowered in fear when Pomfrey gave him a deathly glare. Then there was a girl who tried to sneak in to see her boyfriend but Pomfrey took her by the collar and yanked her out, telling her he was still in recovery and couldn’t been visited yet.

Within the hour she was in the infirmary, the news of the match seemed spread across the school quickly and soon Trinity heard accounts of her freefall from other students, primarily a first year boy with sandy blond hair and bright blue eyes.

“Her broom was going at least 100 mph!” A pause, “I know and…get this! She just let go and fell!” The boy finished telling his friend lying in a hospital bed, his face pale and his eyes dull. His brown hair was sticking up at different angles, showing his restlessness. His green eyes widened with the news of her freefall and his jaw dropped.

“She either must be really brave or downright mad for doing that.” The sick boy commented quietly as he sent her a smirk from his bed. Trinity just smirked.

When her hour of waiting was over, Trinity was allowed to leave the Hospital Wing. Ginny had sent her clothes up to her as soon as the team made it into the locker room so she was fresh and clean. Pomfrey examined Trinity one more time before leaving. The older woman smiled as she gave the OK for Trinity to go.

“You’re good to go Diggory. Just make sure you don’t do much for a day or so.” Pomfrey told Trinity with an expressionless face as she was looking over her shoulder at two students sneaking in to see their friend.

_#_

When Trinity Diggory made it up to the Gryffindor Tower, there were virtually no students roaming around the part of the castle. Well, not from Gryffindor at least. There were a few stragglers from other houses (none from Slytherin thankfully).

Approaching the Fat Lady, she began to hear the traces of a party ensuing from behind the portrait. Trinity grinned up at the bigger woman in the pink dress before telling her the password. Unfortunately, she had to repeat it three more times before the woman finally heard her and allowed her entrance. As soon as the portrait hole was revealed, Trinity was yanked through by some Gryffindors she recognized as her own teammates, Dean and Ginny.

“Finally you made it! I was wondering when Pomfrey was going to let you go. So I’m guessing you got the change of clothes I sent up to you?” Ginny asked motioning to the pair of muggle jeans and sweatshirt she was currently wearing.

“Yeah I-,” Trinity was caught off by someone grabbing onto her tightly. Glancing up, she saw Neville, “Uh, hi Neville.” She managed to say through small gasps. Realizing that he was constricting her, he loosened his grip but never really let go of her.

“I thought you were a goner when the first bludger came your way.” Neville told her, a look of relief on his face as he stared at her. It was like she was the only one in the room he could see. It made her whole body tingle.

"So you're the one who called out my name!" Trinity exclaimed, pinpointing what had jumped to the front of her mind. Neville grinned sheepishly. Something in Trinity's stomach jolted at the sight but she ignored it.

"Well...uh, yeah. I was worried! I thought the bludger was going to hit you...and when you fell, you scared the bloody piss out of me." Neville replied, defending himself. Trinity couldn’t help but smile at his defensive behavior. It was sort of cute.

"Thank you Neville." She told him quietly. Neville shuffled nervously under her and she pulled back, looking back into his brownish-green eyes once more. They crinkled slightly as he smiled. Often, whenever he smiled, it was so contagious that one would spread across her face. However, what she saw in the background made her jaw drop.

Ron and Lavender were wrapped up in each other, publicly snogging for the whole common room to see. People were cheering Ron on, except for one girl next to Harry who looked like she would be tears any second. Before Trinity made a move toward Hermione, Harry glanced over at her and noticed right away, pitying his friend immediately. The both of them took off out of the common room, leaving their best friend in the arms of Lavender Brown.

Neville and Trinity glanced at each other in confusion but realized, with great humiliation, that they were still embraced in each other. They broke apart quickly with Neville scratching the back of his neck while Trinity crossed her arms and glanced around the room for Ginny. Unfortunately, said Weasley was in the corner, arguing with Dean.

Soon, the party began to wind down and everyone went back to their dormitories except for some stragglers who made bunk in front of the fireplace. Trinity was one of them though the others were students she rarely knew. Ginny had gone up to bed an hour before while Neville decided to tuck in around 10 p.m.

As she sat on the couch, the memory of the dream she had had over a month ago burst through to the rest of her brain like flood waters after a devastating storm. She had been trying to avoid thinking about it as long as she could, always pushing it to the back of her mind when it threatened to break free.

What did it mean? She had been meaning to ask her mother but was afraid her father would intercept the letters, like he usually did though. It wasn’t uncommon for Miles Diggory to go through the mail of everyone who lived under his roof. Maybe it was to keep his family safe but it was a bit peculiar.

But why would Sirius Black only want to take Trinity and not Oliver or Suzanne? She had never met the man in her life but when she had seen him, it felt like seeing an old friend or relative she hadn’t seen in years. It was strange.

Maybe a night of rest will give you something Trinity. She thought before her eyelids began to close.

_#_

“Get out Sirius, he’s home!” The sound of her mother’s pleading voice reached Trinity’s ears before she saw the black outline in what looked like to be their kitchen in Boston. Her eyes widened at the man standing opposite of her. His long, matted and nasty hair was a huge contrast to the clean and shiny black mane in the last dream. He had on shabby clothes that looked like they had been chewed on by a dog. His face was sunken in and made him look sick. This was Sirius Black after escaping Azkaban.

“Grace, I came all this way to get you. That man is dangerous! There is no need for you to be here any longer.” Sirius told her in an irritated tone, “I was framed for a crime I did not commit, Grace. Peter Pettigrew is still alive and is now working with Voldemort.” He added in a hurried and hushed voice as they heard footsteps coming down the hall.

Trinity turned around to come face to face with her father. He gave her a glare as he passed her into the kitchen, pausing when he saw Sirius and her mother.

“How-How dare you to bring this filthy blood traitor into my home Grace!” He raised his wand in defense as he stared at Sirius. Trinity’s mother’s eyes widened as they stared at her husband in disbelief. He turned his head to stare at her, “I thought you said he wouldn’t come back.”

Trinity clutched her jacket she had just now realized she was wearing tighter around her body. This wasn’t going to end well. As her father turned back to Sirius, Grace saw her daughter in the hall. Fear spread across her face quickly.

Suddenly, the kitchen began to fade out. It was like her dream was being tampered with.


The Gryffindor Common Room came into view as she opened her eyes at the slowly dying fire before her. Sitting up, Trinity recalled her dream and stiffened. This dream seemed familiar to her, in a strange way, but ended before she could find anymore information. The bit about Peter Pettigrew was new though. She knew the Ministry cleared Sirius’s name from what the papers her father received said, but that was after he was dead.

Trinity took a deep breath before getting up off of the Common Room couch. It was 3:30 in the morning but it was Sunday so she could sleep in if she wanted. She slowly made her way up to the Girl’s dormitories. Soundlessly, she crept into the sixth year dormitory and slipped into her bed, falling asleep with her mother’s shocked face as her last thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, I was planning on posting this last week but my internet went out. I've been using the neighbor's crappy WiFi until tonight. Also, on another note, I'm American and I have only heard some British, Scottish, and Irish dialect so I'm sorry if some of the character's dialogue doesn't sound like it would be if Rowling wrote this...and I am nowhere near Rowling's expertise of writing.

Thanks for reading! :)

Chapter Title: Some Nights-Fun