Status: Updated when I can find time to. I hope you understand, whoever reads this story.

Trade Mistakes

Hogwarts Express

Two Years Later

Trinity sighed heavily as she stared into the brick wall that was in front of her. No way was she going to run through that, enchanted or not. Her mother lightly put her hands on her daughter's shoulders while her father stood off to the side. She rolled her eyes. She had figured he would not be much help.

“Platform 9 ¾ kids….Trinity Diggory, is that you?” she heard the familiar voice of Mrs. Weasley from the opposite side of her parents. Trinity could only imagine her father’s face, “Oh dear, first time going through the wall? Well, I can let Ron show you how to do it.” She spoke after a few minutes. Trinity stepped over to the side as the tall ginger boy with surprisingly blue eyes and a small smile clutched his trolley. He took a running start toward the wall and was gone before Trinity could shield her eyes.

She looked back at her mum then glanced around to see her father. Trinity's mother smiled warmly at her, giving her the courage to do what Ronald just did while her father looked away impatiently. Gripping the trolley, Trinity began to run toward the wall. Before she made impact, Trinity shut her eyes.

“Hey, um...Trinity?” She heard Ron’s voice calling to her. Opening her eyes, she saw that she was standing very close to Ron now. She could see almost every freckle on his face along with his bright blue eyes. Trinity couldn’t help but blush before stepping away from him.

“Sorry, I’m new at this.” Trinity told him after moving away. Her blush failed to fade and she had to look away. When she did, Trinity caught sight of the train they would be riding to Hogwarts. Her breath was taken away. It was a beautiful red with a royal type of gold trimming. This was their transportation! She thought with utter surprise.

She had never rode a train before to school. At Julian's School for Witchcraft and Wizardry in America, they would arrive at school by the Floo Network. It got a bit messy at times but it was the only way of getting there. Trinity was much happier with arriving at Hogwarts by train. The soot from the fireplaces always choked her.

“Trinity dear, are you ill?” Molly questioned Trinity as her thoughts had dissolved. She shook her head and smiled sheepishly. She just wasn’t used to everything yet.

“Trinity! Trinity, get over here!” She heard her mother call over the commotion that was slowly building up in the train station. It took Trinity a second to find her parents in the crowd. They had stayed a way from the tracks and the train itself, “Dear, I hope you have a good time at Hogwarts. I know I did when I was your age.” She encouraged Trinity with a tight hug while her father stood stiffly beside her mother.

Trinity glanced around the train station and soon her eyes landed on a certain blond boy she had heard a lot about recently. Draco Malfoy, the son of the known Death Eater Lucious Malfoy, was getting onto the train. In the pit of her stomach, Trinity felt remorse for the boy. They were about the same age and Trinity had just turned 16. But nothing excused his father for torturing Muggles and those who were Muggle-born. Surely he was going to follow in his footsteps.

Suddenly she heard the train whistle blow, signaling the train's departure. Crap! “I’ve got to go! See you Christmas!” Trinity called out to them. Running through the people gathered on the platform to say good-bye to their children, Trinity hopped on the train before she felt the cars lurch. A breath of relief slipped from her pale lips. Trinity took in her surroundings and realized she was surrounded by people in open compartments. She gulped before starting to stroll right through to the other cars where she hoped she would find Ginny, Ron, Harry or Hermione.

It felt like all eyes were on her as she tried to make it through the car. Boys were gawking while girls glared, which surprised her. She didn’t find her long blond hair, brown eyes and pale skin tone attractive. Unlike her father and Suzanne who were pale and had black hair with blue eyes, Trinity, Oliver, and her mother all had fair skin, blond hair. The only difference between Oliver, her mum and her were the eyes.

“Who are you?” Trinity heard before she went to open the door to go to the other car. Glancing over her shoulder, she saw the one person she never wanted to be seen with. Draco Malfoy, tall and proud, stood behind her with a scowl on his pale face. Trinity looked in front of her again and opened the door before exiting, leaving Draco confused and appalled. She let out a small chuckle as she went into the next car.

What she found in the next car was a meeting of some sort. She raised an eyebrow when she saw both Harry and Ginny in attendance. There were also other people she didn’t know and really didn't want to at the moment. They were all sitting around a small table with an old man at the head of it. He was indeed overweight with a white mustache that made him look like a walrus. Trinity was about to proceed to the other cars but the man stood.

“Why hello there! What might your name be miss?” The man walked, or more like waddled, over to her and held his hand out, “I’m Professor Slughorn, one of the professors at Hogwarts.” Trinity was too polite to not refuse a handshake when presented so she shook his clammy, plump hand.

“Nice to meet you Professor Slughorn, I am Trinity Diggory and this is my first time at Hogwarts.” Trinity replied with a small, shy smile. It was evident that everyone’s eyes were on her now. A new girl, they must be thinking, does that ever happen?

“Ah, yes! You must be Amos’s daughter, no?” Slughorn asked. Trinity shook her head. If she was Cedric’s sister, she wouldn’t have let him enter that Tri-Wizard Tournament and get killed. Just thinking about it now made her tear up, even after two years.

“No I’m his niece though. My father, Miles, is two years older than my uncle. I have two other siblings but they went to Julian’s.” Trinity told him truthfully. Slughorn nodded.

“I know him. He was a smart young man but had the most terrible of friends. I must say, I hope you don't go patronizing with the wrong sort." Slughorn warned her. She stared at him for a second. What was he saying? After a few seconds had gone by, Trinity nodded, "So you went to Julian's? Where is that exactly?"

"It's in North America. Nothing special...now I must be going, I have friends waiting for me." Trinity told the professor and walked out of the car before he could ask her to stay, which was probably what he was going to do. She shuddered at the thought of being around that man much longer.

Seconds after she exited the car, she was joined by Harry and Ginny. They seemed surprised to see her still standing outside but Ginny enveloped Trinity into a hug. Even though they rarely had talked during the Tri-Wizard Tournament, when they did they got along great.

"Do you have a place to sit?" Ginny asked her as they went through the door to other car followed closely by Harry. Trinity shook her head. Ginny gave Harry a look before turning back to Trinity, "I'm going to meet my boyfriend, Dean Thomas, but Harry'll let you stay in his compartment." She gave Harry another look that said You-better-or-else-I'll-hex-you. He nodded quickly as Ginny turned to leave. Harry watched her with utter amazement then turned to Trinity and led her toward his compartment.

They passed many closed compartments with students talking happily among themselves, excited about returning to Hogwarts for another year. Trinity cringed at some of the couples snogging in the compartments while strange noises came out of those with the blinds drawn. Harry sent her an apologetic look before stopping a few compartments down. Trinity nodded in understanding and turned to face Harry’s two friends.

A smile came to her face. She remembered Neville from the Tri-Wizard Tournament. He seemed to recognize her as well and stood to embrace her in a hug. He was much taller and a little less clumsy. Trinity was glad to see someone else she knew. Then she turned to Luna and was surprised when the magazine she was reading was upside down.

“Why hello there, I’m Luna Lovegood.” The girl greatly serenely, and extended her small white hand. Luna had long blond hair that went past her shoulders and huge blue eyes that smiled along with her mouth. Trinity knew then and there that Luna would be a good friend to her.

“I’m Trinity Diggory.” Trinity introduced herself and Luna smiled a little more then continued to her book. Neville was also reading the Wizarding newspaper called the Daily Prophet. She had remembered reading her cousin’s obituary in it and had cried. Now as she sat in the carriage, Trinity tried to fight back tears that were threatening to form.

“Hey, we’re done with our prefect duties…Where’s Harry?” Hermione asked as she sat down next to Luna while Ron who was trailing behind her, sat beside Trinity. Hermione looked around at the three they had joined but none of them had a clue. Luna and Neville were too busy reading while Trinity had been taking a stroll down memory lane, “He’s probably up to something. After hearing Malfoy this summer and all…” Hermione cut her sentence short, suddenly aware of four pairs of eyes on her.

“What did you hear Malfoy say?” Trinity questioned, eyebrow quirked. Ron glanced between Hermione and Trinity. Luna and Neville were just as curious as Trinity. What did happen over summer? Then Trinity's mind wandered to what Malfoy had told her.

“I’m not saying anymore. Harry wouldn’t want to talk about his suspicions so I won’t talk about them either.” She quipped and crossed her arms defiantly. Trinity snapped back into reality and crossed hers as well, giving Hermione a dead-pan stare. Then Neville spoke,

“How have things been since we last saw you?” Trinity loosened up a bit and Hermione did too at his question. Ron sighed, of relief and disappointment. He had been hoping that he would be the one to break up a cat fight.
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited. What do you think?

Comment/Subscribe?