Status: Updated when I can find time to. I hope you understand, whoever reads this story.

Trade Mistakes

Sorting and the Common Room

Hours later, Trinity was brought in with the first years though she rode in the carriages instead of in boats across the Black Lake. Some of the younger students were soaking wet from almost slipping into the lake water. Others were amazed at how huge the Great Hall was. Trinity couldn't help but look around as well.

The Great Hall was amazing, nothing like Trinity had ever seen before. Stained glass windows lined the walls along with small decorations here and there. Floating candles lit the hall along with torches on the walls. There were four tables with different pennets hanging with an animal printed on each one. She did not need to be told that each one represented the houses.

The ceiling of the Great Hall looked like the cloudy sky outside and made it look like the Hall didn't have a roof at all. She could have stared up for hours if it wasn't for the fact that she was in the middle of first years, about to be sorted. Glancing at the tables around her, she saw her friends sitting under the gold and scarlet flags, indicating that they were all in Gryffindor. That's where I want to be. Trinity thought

“Gather round! Gather round!" A woman who introduced herself as Professor McGonagall called to the first years. She felt like a giant compared to the little kids. It seemed like the first years always got smaller. That's how it was at Julian's and there was no exception here.

"Trinity Diggory," McGonagall called out. Trinity gulped. She didn't know McGonagall was going to call her first! She proceeded to the stool where an old hat sat, its top curling down a bit like the ends on Santa's elves' shoes. The hat was removed so she could sit down and gently the hat was placed on her head. Everything was quiet for a while before a voice crept into her mind, making her jump with goose bumps forming onto her arms.

So, another Diggory? How pleasant! " It whispered hoarsely. Trinity jumped. She remembered then that it was the hat speaking to her,"You're brave, much like your cousin Cedric who I sorted years before. You are also very smart and joyful. There is no hatred toward others in your blood like your father was nor are you cunning. I guess I'll have to sort you in...Gryffindor!!

The table where Ginny, Hermione, Ron, and many others sat exploded into applause. Trinity hopped off of the stool and joined her friends at the Gryffindor table. Her mother would be overjoyed considered that was her house at Hogwarts. Her father never told her about what house he was sorted into but she had figured out quickly that he would be put in Slytherin without having to put the hat on. How her mother ended up with him she'll never know.

"I knew you would be a Gryffindor!" Ginny congratulated her with a wide smile. Ron, Hermione, Neville, two girls named Lavender and Parvati, a boy named Seamus, and a boy named Dean that she assumed was Ginny's boyfriend. She couldn't have been happier. McGonagall continued to call out the other children's names and occasionally she would cheer for those being sorted into Gryffindor as well.

"Where’s Harry?” Ginny asked Ron and Hermione. They both glanced around before realizing their best friend wasn’t in the Great Hall with them.

“I don’t know. I haven’t seen him since before the train took off. I hope he didn’t get himself into trouble again.” Hermione stated, concern written on her face. Trinity and Ginny nodded.

Professor Dumbledore gave the students a speech about resisting the evils that are beyond the grounds of the castle. Trinity gulped, remembering being searched by Filch before entering the castle.

“Let the feast begin!” He called out at the end of his speech. With a clap of his hands, a feast only fit for a king appeared on all of the tables. Trinity’s eyes widened at the sight. Julian’s was never this amazing, not in the five years she attended there. With a wide smile, she grabbed as much food as she could. Hogwarts was going to be amazing.

___________________________________________________________

“Where were you at the feast? Why is your shirt all bloody?” Hermione pestered Harry with questions when he walked into the common room well after the feast was over. He looked awful with his shirt all wrinkled and bloody. A slight bruise was slowly appearing on his face, around his nose. Someone must’ve hit him, causing it to bleed hence the blood on his shirt, Trinity deduced.

“Malfoy,” was all Harry had to say before sitting down on the couch. Hermione and Ron sat on either side while Trinity was content to sit on the floor by the warm fire, “I snuck into his compartment and climbed up on the suitcase rack." Hermione frowned at this, "Of course, I was under the invisibility cloak so they couldn’t see me. But Malfoy did because he stunned me and kicked me in the face.” Harry paused there when Hermione took a sharp breath, causing the three others to look at her strangely.

“Go on!” Hermione persisted, crossing her legs. Harry shook his head slightly.

“Tonks found me before the train could leave and…” Harry trailed off to clear his throat. Trinity was confused. Who was Tonks? “She’s going to be patrolling Hogsmeade.” Harry finished a minute later.

“I’m sorry to be thick here but who is Tonks?” Trinity asked, feeling sheepish. Harry and Ron smiled at her kindly while Hermione raised an eyebrow. What was wrong with this girl?

“She’s a friend of ours and a member of the Order of the Phoenix. She was dating Remus Lupin, my dad's and Sirius's friends. They just got married at the beginning of the summer.” Harry told her kindly. He seemed to know the Order very well. She wasn't close to anyone fighting for the cause since she was American and all. In the next few months, Trinity hoped that by next July she would be fighting against Voldemort.

“I’m a bit tired. I’ll see you boys later.” Hermione stood abruptly and began walking to the girl’s dormitories. When she left the boys continued the conversation while Trinity looked into the flames of the fireplace. Her mind was stuck now on the name Remus Lupin. It seemed like she had met him before.

“Something is off about Tonks though.” Harry said after a few minutes, looking over at Ron, “Her hair didn’t change colors…and her Patronus was different, almost like a dog or wolf.” Trinity suddenly remembered. It was all coming back to her.

She had met Lupin and Tonks at Cedric’s funeral. They were friends of Amos’s and were invited. They seemed lovely but Lupin kept looking at her mother as well as the rest of her family. Her father was rather pissed about it, leaving the ceremony early.

Trinity believed it had to do with the fact that her mother was best friends with Sirius in school. From what Trinity observed, it seemed like her father made sure her mother never talked to any of her old friends. When it was announced that James and Lily Potter died and their son survived the killing curse, her mother cried for a week on end, or at least that's what Suzanne told her. Then with Sirius, it was worse. Trinity had to bear it all since her siblings were out of the house and working for the American ministry.

“I’m off to bed. I’ll see you in the morning.” Trinity told Harry and Ron before getting up off the floor. They both looked up at her like they had just realized she was there.

“Okay then.” Ron replied and turned back to Harry. Trinity smiled as she climbed up to the dormitories. Opening the door to the sixth year dormitory, it seemed everyone was asleep. So Trinity quietly settled into bed, thinking about that night. Her days at Hogwarts were going to be great.
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited. I hope the story isn't going so fast. That's why I'm cutting it down. I want to save some parts for later on.

Comment/Subscribe?