Status: Updated when I can find time to. I hope you understand, whoever reads this story.

Trade Mistakes

"I Suggest You Stop Looking So Scornful, it's Twisting Your Face"

The next morning, Trinity walked to breakfast by herself since she woke up later than most of the girls in her dormitory. When she approached the Gryffindor table, Harry, Ron and Hermione were talking among themselves. Passing by, Trinity decided to sit next to Neville, Ginny, and Dean. Neville gave her a passing hello before biting into his sausage.

“Hey Trinity, how was your first night?” Ginny asked with a smile on her face. Trinity took a bite out of her bacon, chewed and swallowed before she replied with a simple great. Ginny grinned and turned to Dean. Trinity meanwhile scanned the table to see who was all there. Catching a glance at the trio, Hermione gave her a glare.

"What's wrong with Hermione? I didn't do a thing to her!" Trinity hissed, very annoyed. Ginny shrugged but replied anyway.

“I think it’s because she likes Ron so bloody much. I know Ron likes her but he's Ron and won't admit it. I think Lavender Brown likes him though. Hermione has to worry about her more than you.” Ginny replied with a laugh and Trinity did too. Her! Have feeling for Ron? Trinity thought, No way! Hermione had nothing to worry about.

A while later, Ginny and Dean ran off to their classes, hand in hand. Trinity and Neville began to leave the Great Hall together after grabbing their schedules though they were silent the whole time. It was a comfortable silence. She knew Neville was a shy boy and didn’t try to make him talk since it was uncomfortable but she needed his directions to Defense against the Dark Arts.

“Hey Neville, where is Defense against the Dark Arts?” Trinity asked him with a smile, trying to ease him up. He returned it and put his hands in his pockets.

“Oh, it’s just a bit farther. That’s where I’m headed too.” He replied as they walked up stairs. Before long, they were at the entrance of the dungeon that was Professor Snape’s classroom. The class seemed to be a combination of Gryffindor and Slytherin as they entered the room. It seemed like most of the students were there so Neville and Trinity sat near the back.

The professor was tall and slimy with black hair that went to his shoulders. He had black eyes that seemed to pierce your soul and fill pierced soul with uncontrollable fear. At least that's what she heard second years telling the little first years on the way there. From her point of view, Professor Snape just looked tired, weary...and heartbroken.

______

Stupefy!’ Trinity yelled in her mind but nothing happened to Neville. He looked terrified as he stood in front of her, eyes wide and waiting for something to come out of her wand. Other students in the classroom were having the same trouble, flicking their wands in hopes of something being produced. Hermione was the only one who successful conjured something from her wand and that was Expellarmous

“Potter! I said only non-verbal spells!” Professor Snape snapped at Harry who had accidental said Expellarmous out loud. Harry glared at the greasy haired man. Snape raised his wand but Harry spoke too soon and knocked the Professor back against two students sitting behind the table in front of them. They shrieked as they felt the weight of their Professor on them. He got up with a snarl, “Detention tonight with me!” He yelled while the rest of the class snickered.

“Finally, we’re out of here!” Trinity hollered in excitement, causing people to laugh at her little joke, including Harry and Ron. Hermione was still cross with her apparently. Neville joined her side, glancing down at his schedule.

“Well I’m off to Herbology.” He told her, walking a totally different way that she was heading. She smiled and grabbed his arm.

“You’re not getting rid of me yet Mr. Longbottom.” Trinity joked, causing Neville to smile uneasily. He didn’t know why Trinity wanted to hang out with him. He was, well, Neville. Rarely anybody wanted to spend time with him, minus the exception of Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, and Luna. Seamus Finnegan and Dean Thomas were his friends too but they didn't talk to him as much as they used to.

The pair walked through the halls of packed students to the outside corridors where they caught sight of people in their year. Trinity had never had Herbology at her old school. Years before she attended the school, some plant had exploded due to the Herbology professor not maintaining it properly. Since then, nobody ever mentioned the course name.

“Say, Neville, who is the Professor for Herbology?” Trinity asked, running a hand through her blond hair.

“Professor Sprout and before you say anything, she’s a nice woman if you get on her good side. I’m one of her best students.” Neville replied proudly with a smile. Trinity couldn’t help but return it. She was glad he had more confidence in himself. Two years ago, he barely could speak to her.

Finally they made it to the greenhouse where the rest of their class was entering. Unfortunately, it was another class with Slytherin. As Neville and Trinity approached, Malfoy glanced over at them with a sneer. Trinity gave him a scowl close to one of his own. Neville narrowed his eyes.

“I suggest you stop looking so scornful, it’s twisting your face.” Trinity shot at the tall, slim blond boy. He shot her a dirty look before reaching his hand up to his chin, rubbing it. Neville laughed along with all the other Gryffindors around them.

“Nice one Trinity.” Ron commented as he passed, earning her a glare from Hermione. Ginny was right! Trinity thought, Hermione does think I want her man! Anyone in their right mind would see that she was the only one Ron ever thought about.
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited.
I kept the line that Trinity says to Malfoy. It's my favorite quote from Ringo in A Hard Day's Night. (:

Oh and thanks to those who have commented or subscribed to this story, even before I edited it. That really makes me happy and keeps me going. Thank you!