Status: Updated when I can find time to. I hope you understand, whoever reads this story.

Trade Mistakes

Bitchy Teachers and Quidditch Prospects

“Come with me Grace! We’ll take Trinity away from that man you call a husband. We'll escape to the countryside, you'll see.” Sirius Black spoke to her mother sweetly. She nodded though Trinity knew she was about to cry.. Trinity looked up into his brown eyes and grinned. She felt warm, safe and comforted, something she rarely ever felt with her father.

"But what about Suzanne and Oliver? I can't leave my eldest children with that...that man!" Her mother sobbed, holding her face in her hands. Trinity had never seen her mother sob like that, ever. Sirius's face softened and tried to pull her mother into his embrace..


Opening her eyes, she stared up at the canopy of her four poster bed. Rubbing her forehead, she reminisced her dream. Sirius Black didn't look to be behind bars. He was in Azkaban before she could even walk. And yet he was talking to her mother in a space-less room. She knew her mother and Sirius were friends but what she had seen in her dream suggested more. Maybe there was a hidden romance between the two before she was born. There were so many questions running through her head but she needed to get ready for classes.

Sitting up, she had to raise her hand to block out the sun that crept through the window on the opposite side of the room. It was the first full week of classes and today’s first class for her was Muggle Studies. Grabbing her uniform, she glanced around the dormitory to see that most of the girls were still asleep, except for Hermione who seemed to be absent. Muttering scourgify, Trinity cleaned the stains she had gotten from classes and meals off of her uniform.

After taking a short shower in the lavatory, she made her way down to the common room where Hermione and Harry were sitting on the couch, conversing quietly. Trinity, instead of joining them like she wanted to, sat at the table opposite of a tired looking Seamus who was scribbling down something on a parchment.

After a while, people started to enter the common room. One example was Lavender Brown with her best friend who remained nameless as they walked out of the common room. Trinity couldn’t ignore the look the dog faced girl sent her way before stepping through the portrait of the Fat Lady. She knew already that Lavender and she weren’t going to be the best of friends here. It was just a matter of time before Lavender flat out told her she didn’t like her.

“Hey Trinity,” the sound of Ginny Weasley’s voice sounded from beside her, causing Trinity to jump. She was so quiet, Trinity was certain that if she ever became an animagus, her’s would be a cat. Seamus, who had been busy writing, was now laughing. Ginny’s eyes were wide before she too joined Seamus, "I'm sorry..are you okay?" She asked after getting her laughter out.

“It’s fine.” Trinity replied with a small laugh while getting up from her seat.

“Why isn’t everyone down eating breakfast? It’s a bit late, you know.” She heard Neville ask from the Boy's stairwell, confused at why they were still sitting around. Trinity and Ginny glanced at each other with wide eyes. Oh shit!

“I’m not that hungry really.” They heard someone say from the couches. Harry stood beside them now with Hermione and Ron on either side of him. Trinity nodded in acknowledgement before glancing over at Seamus who was packing up his books.

“Well the rest of us could go down to the Great Hall and stop wasting time.” Trinity suggested. Ginny nodded and the group, minus the trio, headed for the portrait hole.

___________________________________________

“Now I know all of you have been placed into this class because of your O.W.Ls, am I correct?” The Muggle Studies professor asked the students once everyone was settled. Trinity realized quickly as she saw the other’s nod that she was completely surrounded by Ravenclaws who were said to be the brightest of students. Oh well, she thought with a grin, I’ll just have to smarter.

“Now as you may have known, Muggles have had a long record of being wars, the recent one including other nations being the Vietnam War. The French territories in Vietnam were being overthrown by locals who had adopted the Socialist thinking of the U.S.S.R. which is modern day Russia…”

She went on and on from there. Trinity couldn’t concentrate to take notes. Thoughts of her dream exploded into her mind as soon as Burbage began talking. What did it mean? Did her mother ever cheat on her father? Not that she would've cared if she did since her father was never really the dad type. Sometimes it seemed like she wasn't even his child....or was she?

______________________________________________________

“Trinity how was Muggle Studies?” Ginny asked she joined her after class. She was on her way to Defense against the Dark Arts while Trinity had a free period to sit and rest her head. The Professor had realized she was zoning out and made her pay attention. The Ravenclaws were surprised at the Professor’s outburst at the only Gryffindor in the room. She had never felt so much like a sore toe in a group of snapping turtles.

When she told Ginny her story, even she was appalled. Evidently, the Professor, Charity Burbage, was still sore from losing Hermione in her third year. She was the best student she ever had. Other than that, Burbage rarely ever yelled at a student, even if they weren’t paying attention.

“What was so important that you couldn’t focus?” Ginny asked, cocking her head slightly to the side. Trinity froze. Should she tell her? She didn’t want to bother her friend with something as silly as a dream.

“Nothing really, just about whether I can join the Quidditch team or not.” Trinity replied, actually telling the truth. She had played the sport with Oliver and Suzanne in the privacy of their backyard. Their friends would always join and would switch roles. It was fun and she always wished Julian’s had a Quidditch team. They banned the sport after a fourth year flew into the stands and nearly killed a hundred students.

“Are you being serious right now? You don’t look like the type!” Ginny exclaimed, gesturing toward her. Trinity crossed her arms.

“If you must know, I’ve perfected each position by the time I was 10 years old! I’m a pretty good Beater.” She grinned while Ginny’s jaw dropped. Trinity raised her eyebrow at her, “What?” she asked.

“Go see Harry about that. He would love to assign a new Beater since McGonagall made him Captain. Fred and George were but they left last year. Well I’m off. See you!” Ginny informed her then sprinted off to DADA with Professor Snape.

Trinity tossed her backpack over her shoulder and proceeded to the library where she was sure there would be peace and quiet. She was developing a headache from all the younger students rushing to their classes. When she entered the room, she was instantly met with silence, something she had taken for granted until she had none.

Sitting down at a table, Trinity took out one of her paperback books she had gotten from her mother’s collection at home. Her mother loved muggle fiction seeing as she grew up next to a Muggle bookstore as a child. Trinity had inherited her love of books as well.

As soon as she opened the book, someone crept up behind her, placing a hand on her shoulder. In a low tone that made the hair on the back of Trinity’s neck stand, the person murmured.

“You think you can humiliate me in front of my housemates Blood Traitor? Well, you have another thing coming.”

In an instant, Trinity knew who it was. Draco Malfoy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited. I didn't know how to portray Burbage. She seemed so nice in the books but I thought it would be kinda neat to see her in a different light for once.

Comment/Subscribe?