Status: Updated when I can find time to. I hope you understand, whoever reads this story.

Trade Mistakes

Let Me Save You

“What a lovely surprise Malfoy! I never thought you were smart enough to read books!” Trinity remarked with sarcasm as Draco walked around her. He scowled and stood in front of her, leaning over the table toward her. A strand of his blond-white hair fell in his face but Trinity could still see the hatred in his pale blue eyes. She narrowed her eyes while Malfoy stared at her, no real emotion evident on his pale face.

“Well? Aren’t you going to leave? Scumbag.” Trinity asked with malice before she stood up, making the chair screech loudly. Madam Pince, the librarian, gave them both a nasty glare while everyone else in the library simply ignored them. It wasn’t uncommon for Malfoy to attack a Gryffindor or anyone he believes is un-pure in his eyes.

“Don’t you dare talk to me that way, you blood traitor !” Malfoy darted for Trinity, obviously not caring if she was a girl or not at the moment. Trinity quickly drew her wand and pointed it at Malfoy. He stopped a few feet away from her, eyes wide. Trinity looked around the room to see that everyone in the room was standing, attentive to their fight.

Before Trinity could curse the ass off of Malfoy, the bell signaled for the end of the period. People filed out of the library besides some stranglers who didn’t care about their next class. Malfoy gave Trinity a dirty glare before walking out. She was sure she heard him mutter ‘Stupid Blood traitor' under his breath.

“Stupid Pureblood,” Trinity mumbled and threw her bag over her shoulder.

The hallways were packed with students getting to their classes. The noise level kept increasing with every second. Trinity tried to push her way through the students, accidentally pushing some into others. Any other day, she would apologize but her head was threatening to split in two. I wonder if this is how Harry feels, Trinity thought as she remembered Harry telling the group that morning his scar hurt, This must really suck for him.

"Trinity!" She heard someone yell behind her, quite loudly for her head felt like it swelled. Turning around, she caught sight of Neville before falling to the ground. Some of the students who had stopped in the hall moved aside in fear of getting hit while others passed by with a quick glance. Neville bent down beside Trinity, reaching behind her to help her sit up.

"Thanks Neville. What do you need?" She questioned while Neville just stared at her with amazement. Trinity thought about it for a second. She had just fallen down in front of him and she was asking about him. Oh boy, my head isn't right today, Trinity thought.

"Never mind what's wrong with me! We have to get you to the hospital wing!" He exclaimed, grabbing her hand. She felt a slight tingle as his fingers curled around her's, not lacing them through her's like boyfriend's and girlfriend's. This was more of a best friend gesture but Trinity couldn't help but feel a rush of affection for Neville as he helped her up from the floor of the corridor.

The walk to the hospital wing wasn't as long as she had anticipated, mainly because Neville was almost running down the corridors. Opening the door to the wing, they came across the many rows of beds with pure white bed sheets and pillows with little wooden bedside tables. Curtains were drawn around occupied beds while some were pulled back to reveal a student either sleeping or just resting.

As they stepped through the door, a woman in a nurse's hat approached them. Compared to some of the other Professors at the school, the nurse wasn't that old. Trinity suspected that she was only in her fifties. She put her hands on her hips as she stared at them.

"What's wrong this time, Longbottom? Did Harry lose the bones in his arm again?" She asked with a harsh tone and a face to match it. Trinity would've laughed if her head didn't hurt so much. Harry lost the bones in his arm? It made her think of Harry wiggling his boneless arm around.

"No Madam Promfrey. Trinity Diggory fell in the hallway not too long ago and says she has a severe headache." Neville explained, glancing down at her with a grave look on his face. Trinity tried to smile but couldn't, seeing as her head hurt.

"Well, I'll see what I can do." She replied after a minute of thought. She and Neville guided Trinity to the end of the row of beds on the left side. Promfrey motioned for her to sit down which she obliged. Neville sat down next to her, looking over at her with concern. She smiled at him encouragingly.

"Where does your head hurt exactly dear?" Madam Promfrey asked her, checking her head. Trinity pointed to her forehead, and her scalp. Promfrey nodded and touched her forehead. A prickly feeling replaced the pounding pain she had felt all day. Then she heard someone yelp in pain. Looking up, Trinity saw Madam Promfrey remove her hand and stare at it, then glanced back at Trinity. What the hell just happened? Trinity thought as she looked around. Everyone was looking at them, all in shock.

Trinity's eyes directed back at Madam Promfrey who muttered Episkey under her breath. The slight burn on her index and middle fingers disappeared without leaving any scars. She glanced down at Trinity with surprise and suspicion on her face.

"Mr. Longbottom, go get Dumbledore please. Tell him it's urgent," Madam Promfrey commanded, "And do be quick!" Neville nodded silently and obeyed her orders, leaving Trinity with her, "Now I want you to lay back while we wait for Dumbledore. He usually knows what to do about these things." She ordered, "Put this on your forehead dear. It's just a wet cloth."

Trinity nodded, not wanting to disobey her. She had only known her for a mere five minutes and realized she could be strict if she wanted to be. Lying back on the bed, Trinity crossed her feet and stared up at the high ceiling, feeling her headache begin to subside. There was only one time that she had ever felt any excruciating and that was years ago. Shaking her head violently before she could even relive it all, Trinity fixed her thoughts upon what her conversation with Dumbledore would be like once Neville returned with him.

She knew that Dumbledore was praised by many as the greatest wizard of all time. She didn't doubt it either, considering he defeated Grindelwald in the 1940's and things such as that. Trinity was amazed that he was even letting her attend here. Not many Americans got into Hogwarts, simply because they either went to Salem Academy or Julian's. But Dumbledore had let her come across the Atlantic to learn here at this wonderful castle. It was going to be honor being in his presence when he got here.

And, as if on cue, the hospital wing doors opened to reveal Neville with a long bearded man with crescent moon spectacles and midnight blue robes on, trailing behind him. Trinity was amazed at the aura of this great wizard. The students fell silent as he slowly made his way to the end of the beds. When he made his way to Trinity, he sat on the bed next to her's. She glanced down at his hands to find that his left one was badly burned and was turning black. Before she could look any further, he hid his hand in his robe sleeve.

"Mr. Longbottom here says we have an emergency? Poppy, is this true?" He asked Madam Promfrey as he stared at Trinity.

"Well yes, Albus. She told me she had a terrible headache and let me know where it hurt. So I gently touched her forehead and I was burnt." Promfrey explained, very solemnly in fact. Trinity was growing nervous about everything. What did this mean? Was she going to die? What was wrong?!

"Ah yes, I see. Poppy, could you escort Mr. Longbottom to class while I talk to Miss. Diggory?" Dumbledore asked her softly and politely. She nodded and grabbed Neville by the arm. He glanced back at Trinity with caution.

"I'll be fine Neville. See you at dinner?" She inquired, in which he nodded with a smile before leaving the hall. Trinity turned her attention back to Dumbledore who was smiling.

"You best be grateful to Neville Miss. Diggory." He told her. Trinity furrowed her brows. Yeah of course she was. If it wasn't for her, she would've passed out completely, "If you would've went on any longer without letting any anger out, you could have mental damaged yourself." She thought about it for a second. There were a lot of things running through her mind. The dream, her terrible memories surfacing, and her almost duel with Malfoy. There was a lot going on in her mind.

"I know your past Trinity. If you ever want to talk to me, I'm here." Dumbledore then told her, patting her hands that were resting in her lap limply, "But I believe you've made dinner plans with Mr. Longbottom?" He asked with a smile. Trinity nodded, then she remembered about Slughorn's class.

"Professor, could you send word to Professor Slughorn about missing class today?" Trinity asked. He waved his hand nonchalantly.

"It's already covered. Miss. Granger will give you your assignment. Now, off you go." He dismissed her. Trinity smiled, slung her bag over her shoulder once more and left the hospital wing, realizing that she would have to tell Dumbledore about her dream. He might know something about Sirius and my mum. She thought as she made her way to the Gryffindor common room, Or at least I hope he does.
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited. This still isn't the best of chapters after editing it.

Comment/Subscribe?