Making Noise To The Beat Of Fasion

At The Bottom Of A Wishing Well

She looked up at the large building stood in front on her. This must be it. Her new home was one of the apartments inside this place. She yanked open the door, trying her best not to drop all of her luggage and started the accent up the stairs.

It didn’t look very appealing the walls were dingy, the wallpaper hanging off in certain places. What looked like coffee stains coated the walls. The floor was wooden and looked like it hadn’t been cleaned for months. The doors to the apartments were a dark green colour with some of the paint peeling off.

She studied the numbers on the doors. Number 43, this was it. She knew she was sharing the apartment, but she had no idea what the person was like, or even what their name was. She placed one of her bags down by her side and shakily reached up to knock on the door. As she did so, a little more paint flaked off onto her knuckles. The door opened slowly, making an unpleasant creaking sound with its hinges.

There stood a young man. He looked about the same age as her. He looked rough, dark circles around his eyes gave the impression that he’d been awake all night, doing god knows what. He had dark shoulder length hair that was all matted and greasy. However, underneath it all he looked like he could be quite a good looking fellow, if he made some effort.

He stood there eyeing her, looking her up and down as if approving her.
“Hi… I’m Claire… I think I’m your new room mate,” she said, not sure if she actually wanted to stay at this place after all. It seemed okay before. She should really check places out more before she decides to live there in future. Well, it was a bit hard seen as at the time she lived in the UK. This place hopefully was only temporary anyway.

The guy grunted and opened the door wider, showing Claire the inside of the apartment. It wasn’t different from the corridor; pealing walls, a carpet that had not been vacuumed for quite a while. There was rubbish strewn around, including quite a few empty beer bottles and full ash trays. She paused for a second before following him inside.
“Put your stuff through there” he pointed to a door. It was slightly open. She edged towards to door, pushing it fully open.

Her eyes swept the room. It wasn’t as bad as the other room, but it still looked sort of lived in. There was a bedside table with a lamp on next to an unmade bed. It was only until she examined closer, she saw someone sleeping in it.

She looked back into the other room. “Excuse me, there’s someone in this bed already,” she called, trying not to wake up the mystery sleeper.

“Oh yeah, sorry about that. You’ll be sharing with my brother for a few nights,”

Claire left the room. “What? I wasn’t told about this! Don’t you think it’s wrong that I have to share a bed with a guy? Why can’t he sleep with you? He’s your brother!” she said to the guy.
“Well, that is a possibility, but well… you could share with me if you like” he winked playfully.
“Sorry, but I don’t even know your name,” Claire said, changing the subject as she realised he hadn’t even introduced himself.

“Oh yeah. I’m Gerard” he held his hand out as she took it gingerly.