Making Noise To The Beat Of Fasion

Wearing Badges of Death to Show We Care

Claire stood there, a little startled, looking at a tall, quite scrawny looking guy wearing nothing but a towel. “I’m Claire, Gerard’s room mate…’ she said, looking him up and down. “Are you Gerard’s brother?”
“Yeah…” he pushed past her and disappeared back into Claire’s room. She sighed and shook her head.
She entered the bathroom to take that shower that she had originally came to this room for.
About 20 minutes she stepped out of the shower, feeling slightly refreshed.
She quickly got dressed, dried and brushed her hair and reapplied the make up that she had washed off.
She wondered out of the bathroom, back to the living room where Gerard and Mikey were sat. Neither of them were paying the either any attention.

Gerard was sat in the far corner, sketching away, another cup of coffee next to him. Mikey was sat on the couch, watching some cartoon on TV, a spoonful of cereal poised in front of his mouth, milk slowly dripping off it and back onto the bowl that sat on his lap.
She padded into the room and took a seat next to Mikey. Neither of the guys said anything to her, but she didn’t mind. They both seemed…busy.

She tucked her hair out of her eyes and started watching whatever it was that Mikey was watching. It didn’t entertain her that much, but he seemed to enjoy it an awful lot.
She didn’t know how long it was before there was a knock on the door.
“That’ll be people!” Mikey shouted, rather excitedly, jumping up, his now empty bowl and spoon clattering to the floor.
“Unless it’s…sheep,” Gerard said, looking rather strangely at his little brother. Not that Mikey really earned the title ‘little’ brother, he towered above Gerard, even though he was quite a bit skinnier.
Mikey bounded over to the door and opened it. The little man, Frank was back with that same cheesy grin. This time he was accompanied by two other guys and a few girls.
“I was right! It is people!” Mikey said.
Claire laughed to herself. Mikey seemed as if he could be quite entertaining, but then again, he was probably the type that could get annoying after a while.

Frank walked in, followed by the unfamiliar people that he was accompanied by. Claire smiled shyly. There was an awful lot of people around that she didn’t know. It made her feel nervous.

“Who’s the girl?” one of the people with Frank asked. He was tall and had a big mop of hair that wasn’t quite an afro. The other guy had blondish hair and for some reason was wearing very dark sunglasses, even though today wasn’t even that sunny.
There were three girls there also, two were about the same height as Gerard and the other was an inch or so shorter than Frank. They were all smiling and chattering amongst themselves. A new person didn’t really seem to bother them that much at all really.

*

A while past where everyone introduced themselves before the drink was opened and music turned on. Claire found herself sat on her own for a while.
She was slumped back on the sofa, watching everyone dancing. Gerard was dancing particularly close to one of the girls, so Claire assumed that they must be going out.
As she took a swig out of her almost empty bottle, she felt someone sit down next to her. “Hi Frank,” she said, smiling politely.
“Hello,” he smiled back, again with that big cheesy grin. “You look lonesome,” he put on a fake pout.
“Oh, I’m not bothered, I’m content just chilling and swigging my beer,” Claire said. Her eye caught Gerard dancing with that girl again. This time curiosity got the better of her “Is Gerard dating that girl?”
Frank snorted “What? Rachel? Hell no! They’re just….dancing buddies” he said, pausing as he tried to choose the right words. “And besides, Gerard doesn’t date. He just loves ‘em and leaves ‘em.”