Making Noise To The Beat Of Fasion

I Only Do What The People Say

Claire looked at Frank, slightly taken aback by what he had just said. She didn’t know much about Gerard, but she didn’t expect to be told anything like that on her first day of meeting him.
Frank smirked at her slightly confused look. “But I’ll make sure he behaves himself”
Claire smiled. This Frank guy an alright person. He defiantly was a little more well groomed anyway.
The two sat chatting for a while, earning Frank a few confused stares from his friends.

*

Sat with Frank, hours seemed to turn into minutes and before they knew it, everyone else was either asleep on the floor in that room, passed out from the alcohol, or had made their way to one of the bedrooms. “I best be going to bed…” Claire said as she noticed this.
Frank smiled and nodded. “Me too”
“Bye” she muttered, treading over a couple of the sleeping bodies to get to her room. Frank waved to her and started walking towards Gerard’s bedroom.
Frank seemed nice. She’d learnt quite a lot about him as they had just been sat on the sofa. At least there was someone decent here. Everyone else that night had seemed to ignore her.

*

Claire opened her eyes to a bright and blinding light. She’d forgot to shut her curtains when she had finally stumbled into bed. Squinting and shielding her face a little, she adjusted herself in bed as she tried to get used to the light. She could hear people laughing and talking in the living room. She swung herself out of bed, putting on her dressing gown, as the only pyjamas she could find in her suit case were the really skimpy ones that she preferred not to wear in front of others.

As she opened the door, she saw three people sat up on the sofa, two of the girls from last night. She didn’t know their names. The other person sat there was Gerard. None of them acknowledged the fact that Claire was even in the room.
If this was how everyone was going to treat her, what was the point in living here? Well, not everyone was treating her like it. Frank had been alright last night. But maybe that was because she was on her own?

Throughout the morning, she made herself breakfast, had a shower, got dressed and applied her make up as more and more people started waking up. Just about everyone at the party the night before had stayed over. God knows where they had all slept. There were only two bedrooms in the apartment, and she had been alone in hers.
The last person to emerge was Frank, he dragged himself out of Gerard’s room at about noon, rubbing his eyes. He was wearing nothing but a pair of black boxers and strangely some pink fluffy slippers. He stretched and yawned, casting an eye around, trying to find a suitable place to sit.
He finally found somewhere; laid across Gerard and the two girls, who had not yet moved since Claire had awoken.

Claire was sat on her own again, in a corner of the room, reading one of the books she had bought with her as she sat sipping a glass of water. The rest of the room still seemed totally oblivious that she was there, but she was too lost in her book to even care.