Defender of Lorien

Chapter One, The deparchure

It is prophesied that a female child, who is an immortal, will be born. She will be wooed by many a man, but only one will she give her heart. That one will receive a blessing from her beyond measure. This gift will be……
Anyanesta looked at the prophesy etched into a broken stone tablet. It was very old, it was said to have been written by the Valar themselves. Anya had always wondered, was she truly the one the prophesy told of, was she truly capable of giving any man a gift beyond measure? She sat there a little longer, trying to think of what the gift was, that the prophesy spoke of.
Anya was 1,500 years old, which was young for an elf, but she was already a master warrior, her father, Haldir, had taught her well. That was her true passion; defending Lothlorien was her honor and pleasure. But, as she was a mind reader, like Galadriel, she could sense that she would be leaving her beloved home soon. She didn’t know why, but that it was very important.
“Anya,” her father called as he walked around the corner, “Lady Galadriel wishes to see you.” Anya bowed her head to show she understood. She made her way up to Lady Galadriel’s beautiful tree home, surrounded by the golden leaved homes of the elves living in the beautiful forest of Lorien.
Anya bowed before Lady Galadriel and Lord Celeborn, “You summoned me my Lady.”
“Yes,” Galadriel answered, “Elrond of Rivendell called for a gathering, and I wish for you to go. I believe that you can represent the people of Lothlorien to the fullest. You must be to Rivendell within a fortnight. It is very urgent that you get there on time.”
“Yes my lady, I will not let you down,” Anya bowed once more before leaving Galadriel’s beautiful home, and her lovely homeland. She walked through the flower covered fields to her home to gather some of her belongings for the journey ahead of her. When she entered her house she grabbed her twin short swords some of her most faithful daggers and her bow. She changed from her white dress into her green traveling attire. And she packed her gown cloak for the meeting.
After this she went out to the field and whistled for Elyana, the fastest horse in all of Lorien, and the last free black horse in Middle Earth.
“Hello my dear friend” Anya said in elfish, “I require your assistant to travel to Rivendell.” And Elyana swayed his head to show he wanted to help her. Anya smiled and jumped up onto Elyana, ready to leave for Rivendell. The ride to Rivendell would take a fortnight as the most, but if she rode hard enough she could get to Rivendell two days before the gathering, and that’s what Anya intended to do.
As she was about to set off on her trip to Rivendell, she was stopped by one of her close friends, and a fellow guard of Lorien, Bravain.
“Anya, you’re not allowed to leave quite yet,” he said as he came up along side her.
“And why is it that I'm not allowed to leave yet,” she asked even though she could have just used her telekinesis.
“You haven’t said good bye to me yet,” he teased, then grabbed Anya’s waist to help her off the horse. Anya gave her friend a good bye hug, then jumped back on Elyana, and left her homeland not realizing how long it would be til she finally returned.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope this story is as good as I imagined. Bye the way, my friend the infamous pixy posted my story on er account for me, before i was able to start my own, this isn't plagerism.